• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

What's the best torrent client?

Mark355

I've been using BitTorrent 4.0.1. It does the job ok, but it doesn't do much to tell me what's actually happening. What are you guys using?

BitComet works fine ... I did a poll once, 6 or so poll-options, and BitComet got like 70% ...

haz

Azureus is good. If you double click on your torrent it gives you a whole load of (seemingly useless ;) ) information abaout where each piece of data is coming from and how fast.

^^ Thats actually the only thing thats not 100% perfect with Bitcomet ;-)

Buba

I prefer Azureus even though it's a bit of a resource whore.

Bitcomet, it uses less resources and because of that is faster at downloading. It also uses non standard BT ports so in most universities and ISPs cant ban it unless they ban all ports beside 80. (You only have problems with other people using standard BT ports so you can't download from them) But at home you should have no problems!

BitComet is the way to go!

Just try them out, and see which one suits your system best, and gives ou the best speeds... It really varies from PC to PC...

Buba

I use ABC, and Ilike it. I think it's now better, after the update.

But because I haven't used anything else than ABC, I'm not the right person to be asked... :D

ABC here too, I've never really bothered trying anything else because ABC is straight-forward. More than I can ask for.

I use comet too, but is there a client that doesn't "lock" all the files before downloading all of them? BitComet renames files to .bc! and keeps them that way until all of them are downloaded. In other words, if you are downloading multiple files in one torrent, is there a client with which you can start using separate files before the entire torrent download is done?

I'm still using BitTorrent and I like it.

eljay said:
I use comet too, but is there a client that doesn't "lock" all the files before downloading all of them? BitComet renames files to .bc! and keeps them that way until all of them are downloaded. In other words, if you are downloading multiple files in one torrent, is there a client with which you can start using separate files before the entire torrent download is done?

I use BitComet so I get what you're asking, but BitComet will do what you're asking it just depends on the torrent. Like I downloaded a torrent with about 100 backgrounds and as each one finished I could view it. The torrents you've been on just finish everything all at once :)

i like ABC, it gets the job done if u're just lookin to get ur stuff dloaded an thats that.

Not as advanced as i'd prefer but im not complaining. nice easy interface