What's the first computer/console game you remember playing?

Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
I'm curious what everyone's gaming "history" is.

For me the first game I remember playing:

On a "Console" (a home brew console my dad put together):
- Pong (a tennis game, played it first in the mid 70's)
pong.gif

On a "PC" (an Apple II clone!):
- Castle Wolfenstein (a 2D game, played it first in the early 80's, only in black and white though)
ap_castle.gif

You can still play it using an emulator :
http://ss.wolfenstein.org/fanclub/castle_wolfenstein.phtml

To be honest for the "PC" it probably was some other game I played first, but that's the one I remember (it had digitized "speech"!).

I played my first PC game somtime around 1984. It was called 'Beast' - it was an extremely basic game with only two colour graphics. It was a cat and mouse type game where you controlled a triangle and tried to crush 'H' shaped bad guys with blocks. It was on a 5 1/2 floppy and ran on my parent's Commodore.

The first console game I played would be either Pitfall (Atari) or Mario (NES). That would have been around 1984 - I can't remember which I played first.

Beast\Pitfall\Mario were all great, but the greatest early gaming moment for me was getting my very own Amiga 500 when I was around 8 or 9. It was sort of a combination PC\console - it only had no internal hard-disk, so everything was played off of 3 1/2 inch floppies. That thing had some absolutely amazing games, and it's graphics blew everything away at the time. My favourites were Buggy Boy, Sidewinder, Zool, and It Came from the Desert. I still think the Amiga 500 was one of the greatest home computers ever made.

a500mach2.jpg

^ Amiga 500

:)

I always wanted a C64 or an Amiga :evil: .
Didn't the Amiga have a Mac emulator (it used the Motorola 68000 series cpu right)?

Still cracks me up that the C64 used cassette tapes to store data :lol: , and talk about long loading times :lol: .
When I first played Vice City and watched the intro (which has a C64 spoof), I couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes :lol: .

ESPNSTI said:
Didn't the Amiga have a Mac emulator (it used the Motorola 68000 series cpu right)?

Yep, you're right, the Amiga 500 was based on the Motorla 68000 CPU. I have never heard of a Mac emulator for the Amiga 500, but I really wouldn't be suprised if there was one. That thing could do pretty much everything back in the day. :)

NES: Duckhunt/Mario 1/Olympics back in the very late 80's.

Y'all remember Joust? I'm sure I'm not as old as y'all but it was still pretty awesome. Nowadays, the bird goes across the screen five times if you hit the right key for a split second. Gotta love the games controled by how fast your computer was.... and those turbo buttons.... Reminds me of the Nissan Cube... Interesting....