What's the point of this?

You have a Che Guevara avatar yet you like Pat Buchanan? :?

There are issues where I differ from Buchanan, but then there are a lot of other issues where we are simpatico. I mean, have you read some of his latest columns? Brilliant stuff

Firecat-
There are issues where I differ from Buchanan, but then there are a lot of other issues where we are simpatico. I mean, have you read some of his latest columns? Brilliant stuff

Lol, I agree, some things are a bit insane but some things he says I really like.

As for the pie throwers, you have all sorts of idiot extremists on both sides doing silly stupid things like this. :thumbsdown:

Re: What's the point of this?

Firecat said:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050401/ap_on_re_us/buchanan_attacked

Why do people have to throw pies, salad dressing, or other food stuff?

I like Buchanan, it sucks that this moron chucked dressing at him.

and if they are anti-buchanan as opposed to just being little gits, then they aren't doing their cause any good cos the media will show it, viewers will say "oh those protestors are nothing but troublemakers..." - not a good way to get people to change their opinion.

justin syder said:
As for the pie throwers, you have all sorts of idiot extremists on both sides doing silly stupid things like this. :thumbsdown:

we had a politician here in australia about, 7-8 years ago named pauline hanson. she had no political experience at all, but jumped onto the scene with all of these early 20th century-esque policies on how the indigenous aborigines should be treated, and about asian immigration. really crazy stuff, scare mongering mostly, but a lot of the conservatives, especially the elderly, got right into it and she had a huge following.

a bunch of lefty uni students started trouble at one of their meetings here and were caught on camera pushing these old timers (retaliating or instigating, i guess it doesn't matter). and what they found was that pauline hanson and her followers were getting sympathy from a lot of the mainstream media and general population. for one, they are entitled to their opinion and should be unhindered in voting for whoever they choose, regardless of how much of a loon hanson was; and two, who is worse, a bunch of old defenceless old "racists" or a mob of university "thugs"?

i think that sort of approach is always counter-productive... unless it's korean parliament - then it's top viewing. :thumbsup: :lol: