• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

whats this mean?

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
whatsthis9yq.jpg

below my 1.6ghz, my processor speed, is 600mhz, whats this mean, is it the speed it is running at right now?

and also its a petitum M is that the same as a centrino or have they ripped me off?

thanks jason

Laptops limit the Mhz frequency automaticly to expand the life of the battery. When you run aplications that will need the power your Mhz frequenzy will be used to its full potential.

You can adjust that in power management, under control panel. Mine when is Max Battery mode, is 384 MHz, IIRC.
Pentium M is the same as Centrino

yea... I paid for the upgrade because I can't even get on the Domain network in my office and my network at home with WinXP home.

o well i am no technogizmo hothead so why do i need it. what benefits are there n e ways, i dont have pro on my laptop but i have a --->FAKE FAKE FUCKING FAKE<--- copy so i might put it on if its that great

Sorry to be picky, a pentium 4M is "not the same as a centrino"

To be a Centrino laptop, the computer must have all of the following

Intel? Pentium? M processor
Intel? 855 chipset family
Intel? PRO/Wireless Network Connection Family

You could for example buy a PC with the Pentium M, but the PC would not be a Centrino PC if it didn't have the other2 components.

imillman said:
Sorry to be picky, a pentium 4M is "not the same as a centrino"

To be a Centrino laptop, the computer must have all of the following

Intel? Pentium? M processor
Intel? 855 chipset family
Intel? PRO/Wireless Network Connection Family

You could for example buy a PC with the Pentium M, but the PC would not be a Centrino PC if it didn't have the other2 components.

That's why I said Pentium M, and not Pentium 4M, which is completely different. Pentium M is used for centrino, and I've already seen a centrino without the wireless functionality. As every pentium M (centrino, if you prefer) has that, I believed it was disabled, to lower price and battery consumption.

Shit, my mistake :oops: a Pentium 4M is a completely different animal.

But you still can't call a laptop "centrino" if it doesn't have all three bits as mentioned above.
So a Laptop without the wireless bit, cannot be called a Centrino.