What's up with the bet clothes?

Ramseus

Have you been high today?
:lol:

Does anyone know? Every episode this season one of the presenters has always lost some sort of a bet and has to wear some silly piece of clothing. It's a good laugh, just curious if anyone knows what that's all about.

It's about cheap scripting :p For me that would really work if it was used once.

Yeah I don't know what's up with them using these things over and over. Like the Dacia. I mean its a great laugh when they first do it but after a while it really isn't funny at all and I'd rather they focused on something else.

I'm pretty sure it'll have some correlation with the Vietnam trip later in the series. Kind of like a teaser perhaps. :)

I like the running jokes. The Dacia excitement was funny, and now James' ambivalence is even funnier. I get a good chuckle out of their scripting/acting.

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying it. Jokes like that can go on and on, and even if it gets old you can generally get a chuckle out of it, unless it gets truly lame. And maybe these haven't yet. Dacia's getting old, but maybe a few more...
They might actually sell some of those Sanderos now. I did see one when I was in Europe the other week.

Just one of their running gags that they seem to do each series. I can understand why some members find the joke wears thin after repetition, for me it is the very anticipation of the gag that continues to make me laugh.

I can understand why some members find the joke wears thin after repetition

The whole repetitive joke thing has a whiff of Little Britain to it. Only without the bodily functions and the lazy git in the wheelchair.

The whole repetitive joke thing has a whiff of Little Britain to it. Only without the bodily functions and the lazy git in the wheelchair.

See your point although that kind of comedy was actually pioneered by the Fast Show which was infinitely funnier, IMHO natch.

Meh, they do it in every single episode so it's prolly funny the first time, but thats it.

It's just this season's "joke". Last season, it was James May pretending to be all excited about that miserable compact from people who eat dogs. This season, it's silly shirts. It's just a gag, and a pretty good one at that.

I have to say, the first time I read the thread title, I thought it was "BET"...Black Entertainment Television.

Yeah, except they didn't used to do it until just a few series back.

It's a symptom of the show's growth I suppose. I watched one of the vids from season one on the new website a couple of weeks ago and the audience was just a dozen beards and a dog - now they have gurlz and everything!!

I don't object to the running gags myself but in other areas the workload mention in Wilman's blog today is beginning to show and they seem to be overstretching themselves. The chemistry is less apparent and things seem a little more forced. The price of success.....