What's you favorite and most hated segment on TG?

mickeyyeety

Here's mine:

Favorite: News. It is downright hilarious, and I wouldn't change, even a bit of it. I especially enjoyed when May was talking about how he's used tampons, and everyone was like, WTF.

Worst: Star in a Reasonably Priced Car
It's boring, and a waste of time. You could fit a another car review into there. I NEVER watch it, and end up just fast forwarding it. I've never heard of at least 99% of the people, living in the US, and all...... If I've heard of the person, I usually just skim the segment.

My favorites are the news and the quirky segments like the Peel from 10x03, downright hilarious and one-of-a-kind.

I will have to concur with you in least favorite. Star in a Reasonably priced car was an interesting idea earlier in the show's life but now is just a boring waste of time as they pick more and more obscure people to come on and, essentially, advertise products or movies. I lost interest in the segment when they actually showed a movie preview on the segment.

I like the mix the show offers. Sorry if that sounds too polite and inoffensive, but its the truth.

I like the mix the show offers. Sorry if that sounds too polite and inoffensive, but its the truth.

Seconded

I found out about Jimmy Carr through the news. And Cliff Richard. If it's a borign interview i will skip over to the lap but i wouldn't take it out necessarily. Shorten it for some longer news maybe but thats about as far as i'd go w/ it.

3rdided.

Maybe the Star in A Reasonably Price Car turns me off on a rare occasion when I don't recognise the star. But lately I've become more interested in studying dialects so I tend to watch them more so now.

Favorite: the Stig's laps.
It's so obvious that I almost don't think of it of a recurring "segment," but there you go.

Least Favorite: the Cool Wall.
I used to like these but recently the humor has been way too over the top and forced (though the latest CW segment was OK <g>).

Honorable Mention: random stunts
By thism, I mean the random daredevil stuff they seem to do for no reason other than it sounds cool. Examples: jumping the Lincoln over a wedding setup, jumping the ice cream truck over the castles, rolling the station wagon to set the Guiness record, etc.

4thdideidiediedieid? :p

SIARPC sometimes bores me to sleep but I usually either force myself to watch it (for whatever reason) or skip over to the lap/next segment.

I have no favorite segment, I like all the challenges, reviews, and the news.

Favourite: News and the challenges, basically because they are downright hilarious. Also the one offs they do, like Jeremy in the Peel car - I actually cried laughing at that - it was comedy genius.

Worst: Star In The Reasonably Priced Car - this is rapidly becoming my tea break time during TG. I just don't see the point any longer, I really don't.

My favourite segments have always been the epic races. Beautifully shot and hilariously funny, they include a car review, a long-distance road-test and the suspence of a race all in one. :cool:

I hope they do another one soon.

The bit I really hate is those hour-long snooker segments they do. God I hate that. :p

I too would have to say that the news and challenges are my absolute favourite parts, and the Star in a reasonably priced car is my least. Even though, with the right guest, it can truly be great.

The Michael Gambon interview(s) were brilliant for example. And Jimmy Carr is fantastic as well.
But the average guest on the show is seriously boring. Jeremy seems to enojy it though :p That girl who sailed around the world alone.. Impressive achievement, but she was desperately boring.

I enjoy all super car reviews and comparos when the 3 guys get together each with a car they like and start dissing eachother.

However, my favorite segment ever is kinda weird. I hate star in a reasonably priced car, and only ever bother watching if it's someone I know. But my favorite segment ever was Gordon Ramsay on the show during series 8. God that was hilarious.

Favorite: The Challenges. I laugh my ass off.

Least Favorite would be the Star in a Reasonably Priced car and the American Challenge. Im sorry, but a VERY small percentage of us act like that and to tell the whole of Britain to not come to America is a bit stupid seeing as non of us "get the boys"

Favourite: Generally speaking it's the road tests but I tend to prefer it when they test 'normal' cars over supercars. For example, some of my favourite reviews are the Jaguar XJ6, Subaru Outback and Honda Element. Come to think of it, I prefer James reviews more than the others.

Least favourite: The other things that aren't road tests. Mainly the segments that are purely for laughs (because I rarely find them funny) and also the star in a reasonably priced car segment (because I'm bored with it).

I particularly like the "star in a reasonably-priced car" segment and the interview; I wish it could be longer. I hate the news and the challenges. I want to see more stunts and reviews not involving the Top Gear hosts - for some contrast - and more reviews with Richard in a Porsche, because I can never figure out what he will think of it! Ohh, Yah! And commericals. It needs commercials desperately.

Ohh, and most of all... Bring back Jason Dawe!
daweportrait.gif

JasonPortrait.jpg

Last edited:
Favourite: Generally speaking it's the road tests but I tend to prefer it when they test 'normal' cars over supercars. For example, some of my favourite reviews are the Jaguar XJ6, Subaru Outback and Honda Element. Come to think of it, I prefer James reviews more than the others.

Least favourite: The other things that aren't road tests. Mainly the segments that are purely for laughs (because I rarely find them funny) and also the star in a reasonably priced car segment (because I'm bored with it).

Agreed, the best bits of top gear are the road tests without a doubt. Some of my favourites are the XJ6, the XJR, the Conti GT, the Phantom, Phateon, 1 series and could go on and on. SIARPC has also had some fabulous segments.

Best: The reviews!!! My favourite is probably the Monaro/S-type/300c!!

Worst: The star... And the news used to be about new cars and new car related crap. Not tampons or cheese..