What's you favorite and most hated segment on TG?

I think the thing about SIARPC is that it could be done in a quicker timespan. All we really need to know is how fast they went and maybe what cars they like. Most guests ramble on for 5 minutes before even mentioning cars.

Like I said before, there are enough ego stroking chat shows around already.

I have to agree I really hate the SIARPC but then again most of us don't even know the stars.

Here's mine:

Favorite: News. It is downright hilarious, and I wouldn't change, even a bit of it. I especially enjoyed when May was talking about how he's used tampons, and everyone was like, WTF.

Worst: Star in a Reasonably Priced Car
It's boring, and a waste of time. You could fit a another car review into there. I NEVER watch it, and end up just fast forwarding it. I've never heard of at least 99% of the people, living in the US, and all...... If I've heard of the person, I usually just skim the segment.

You took my words. :lol:

The problem with the SIARPC is that it's entirely up to the guest wether the segment will be interesting. If you have say, Jordan, around, you can't expect much, but if you have someone like Ronnie Wood from the Rolling Stones or Sir Ranulph Fiennes, the segment will be interesting with minimal effort. This is mostly due to the fact that, even though Jeremy is a talented presenter and producer, he's not that good at making interviews, and when he's not interested in the guest, it shows.

I also agree that it was probably for the best that the Cool Wall went up in smoke, because lately the arguments between Richard and Jeremy were beginning to sound too unrealistic, too scripted.

Another thing that I hate is that lately Jeremy can't keep quiet during the Stig's lap. I want to hear that marvellous Maranello growl, dammit, not your ramblings.

But apart from those minor problems, Top Gear is pretty much perfect.

There, you can close the thread now, mods :)

I love the Cool Wall. I don't care if it's scripted or not - and it can't really get much more scripted than having a chainsaw nearby in waiting. :D It's good. I love the way that the guys interact with each other, and the Cool Wall is a part of that.

SIARPC isn't that bad. skip over it if you don't like it but you have to remember this is a british show on british tv and the rest of us are just swiping it for free online. we arn't they're main audience.

besides, some of the starts are great...the ranuff hines (randolf? how do u spell his bloody name) interview was friggin wikid, he's let an awsome life and it was great hearing about it.

so the best would be: crazy challenges or any 3 person road trip super car review

the worst: finding out that it's been pre-empted for SNOOKER!

I quite enjoy the news and the cool wall.

The SIARPC part sorta is the only part of TG that don't interest me that much (I still do watch it), unless it's someone I know or the presenters make a big deal about it (ie the transport minister).

Favourite: Reviews (especially of "normal" cars)
Worst: Stuff like the road works and amphibian cars

It's sad to see so few people naming the reviews as their favourite segments. This probably means the oldest fans won't ever get to see Top Gear as it once was :( It used to be a car show you know.

SIARPC probably does not make sense to most non Brits - I like it anyhoo.

Worst bits, when it's off for Snooker.

Best Bits: The News - bloody funny, and the arguments around the cool wall - its good CW is not on too often.

Favourite: News. Hands down. I love that part of the show, just for the sheer lunacy of it. Or reviews. I love the car reviews, because I'm a car nut. Series 6 and 7 were the best for me, because of the quality and amount of reviews. Last episode (the 28th) was also good, because it was almost al reviews. In some sense.
Least Favourite: SiaRPC, when there's a boring celeb. But when it's Jimmy Carr (or that friend of his... can't remember the name), or Jamie Oliver, or Gordon Ramsey, or someone interesting, I watch it. Other least favourite thing is when there's something like the caravan holiday, because it's obviously scripted, and just not a good watch.

Yep, not much new opinions here either. The Star *blahblah* is way the worst part of the show. Since I'm not British, most of the time I have no idea who the guests are. And even when I do recognize them, that part lasts simply too long. I almost always just skip it completely.

The best part are the challenges. My favourite episode ever was the one with Veyron. Not just because of the car, but also because they really concentrated to one topic. Usually one car doesn't get enough attention in the short reviews (when Star in ... takes half of the showtime).

i dont like the star in... section very much, whislt there are good moments, like steven fry, it just isnt brilliant

favourite, huge car races, like oslo in the SLR, or verbier in the 612 Scaglietti (oh and the news, thats just very TG isnt it)

Favourite: Sorry, too difficult. There's not one particular thing I like most because every segment has had it's high points. SIARPC has generally gone downhill with the Lacetti, IMO usually the more famous a person is the less interesting they are. Many guests, like Rich Hall, who I didn't have a clue as to who he was, came on and surprised me by turning out to be hillarious. Generally speaking, the old guests in the Liana were much better. Similarly, the Cool Wall in the old days was classic, but I still enjoy it from time to time. In short, I like all segments.

Least favourite: With the big exception of the Typhoon vs Veyron, Hammond's races. From the Wildcat vs skater boy, to Cayenne vs Skydiver to Hammond vs Jet powered canoe, I simply don't like them and never will, and so they'd have to be my least favourite.

I agree with most people here that Star in a reasonably priced car is getting old. I watch it, but even when I'm familiar with the guest, I usually want them to just get on with it. The "three car" reviews are funny, but really rubbish if you actually want to know anything about the cars, because you'll have one presenter hyping his car as much as possible, while the other two says its rubbish cause they wanna "win". In the end, they have said absolutely nothing about wether or not the cars are any good. The friendly banter amongst them is great, but its getting a bit over the top. For it to be funny they actually need to agree on something once in a while, not just use every oportunity to put eachother down.

My favourite bits are the races and challenges, but its getting a bit much lately. More actual car reviews would be good, and not only supercars either. I miss the roadtests of normal cars, like the new Civic that james did, the panda, etc. The Peel 50 was brilliant. :D

The cheap car challenges are a great blend of fun and motoring, so they're at the top of my list.

The worst? Easily anything that doesn't have anything to do with driving. Growing your own fuel and paving roads were simply boring....no entertainment or information value whatsoever.