What's your automotive guilty pleasure?

I like funky French interiors. I know the cars are crap and nothing is where you expect it to be, but I find it quirky and endearing.

I'm not sure if this counts, but I'm just not into supercars or sports cars the way I was when I was younger. Give me a big, comfortable sedan or wagon with a nice interior, comfortable seats, and overpowered heat and A/C. I really don't care about handling as much as I do passing power and comfort. I actually like most American station wagons from the 1950s up through a good chunk of the 1970s.

Widebody kits. Or at least some overfenders.
1582062606395.png

I like big butts and I cannot lie.
1582062646799.png

But fuck "stance". It is stupid.

1582062741600.png

1582062894059.png

Attachments

• 1582062606918.png
    1582062606918.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 165

Ooh, I do have a soft spot for modified Lotuses. (Loti?) But only if they're function-over-form mods. As a matter of fact, I like performance modified sports cars in general, as long as it's not all-show-no-go and done tastefully.

But I don't like RWB Porsches. Sorry, wide-body 911 fans, but I prefer what mr. Alois Ruf did with the original CTR.

Are window louvers a bad thing?

Window louvres are awesome on the right car. One designed with a pencil, a ruler and nothing else. I don't like them on modern or curvy cars, apart from maybe Saabs.

Window louvres are awesome on the right car. One designed with a pencil, a ruler and nothing else. I don't like them on modern or curvy cars, apart from maybe Saabs.
They only really work on muscle cars IMO.

Thought of another one, neon under glow, yeah it’s stupid still love it though.

I love the Citroen C8 that was used in top gear to prove how superior it’s suspension is. Still need to drive one of those.

At this point anything French which I’m guessIng is due to the forbidden fruit aspect.

Oh yeah, I like widebody things as well. Problem is I just fear the attachment is ruinous on the metal so maybe I'd just go with fiber on fiber.

1920's-1930's roadsters

one day i will buy a boattail!!!!

and if i win the lotery, it will be an alfa 6c/8c monza! - if not i'll drool over a bugatti T35, only to settle for sth affordable :D

Last edited:
For shame! I thought you were a bangernomics preacher!

Oh yeah, my ideal car dates back to 1995-2005 with the least amount of easily broken gadgets but high levels of comfort and safety. New cars are interesting to sample and I like the convenience of something being new and not pre-broken, but since new cars become old cars they can introduce problems I am not eager to solve.

Oh yeah, my ideal car dates back to 1995-2005 with the least amount of easily broken gadgets but high levels of comfort and safety. New cars are interesting to sample and I like the convenience of something being new and not pre-broken, but since new cars become old cars they can introduce problems I am not eager to solve.
Yes, that period is the Goldilocks of performance, reliabilty and modern amenities.

I welcome self-driving cars.

There, I said it.

Most the driving I do is either in city traffic or long boring hauls across the country. Neither is fun and fatigue is dangerous; I'd much rather let the car drive me to my destination so I can arrive relaxed and refreshed. Plus, self-driving cars are more predictable, so I will be safer on the motorcycles and would be more comfortable riding around town rather than just on twisty B-roads.

I welcome self-driving cars.

There, I said it.

Most the driving I do is either in city traffic or long boring hauls across the country. Neither is fun and fatigue is dangerous; I'd much rather let the car drive me to my destination so I can arrive relaxed and refreshed. Plus, self-driving cars are more predictable, so I will be safer on the motorcycles and would be more comfortable riding around town rather than just on twisty B-roads.
I hate you!
J/k I think along the same lines, I wouldn’t mind if my X would drive itself cuz it’s mostly longish drives with the fam.