What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That new Astra is quite good looking car. This weekend was the launching day for new Astra in here. But unfortunately I had too hurry and didn't have time to take a testdrive :( , but maybe someday.
Still I can't wait the OPC version of that new Astra and also this 3 door consept, GTC as they call it.
1610-2.jpg

1610-3.jpg

JMM said:
xkwilson said:
Even Jeremy Clarkson has said it sux from time and time again.

I dunno why, but Jeremy hasn't ever liked Opel cars. Probably only Opel what he likes is speedster/vx220 turbo and I think main reason is, that it was build by Lotus and that's why he likes it.

i think it is because Opel is considered to be the ricer's car in euro.

gabeyung said:

That's right, I wouldn't buy a Opel/Vauxhall! :wink:

cya
Oli

Here are my 2 babies, '92 Corrado VR6 (Still in one piece as we speak) and a '99 Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0-24v, six speed box, 220hp. GTV Cup bodykit.

AlfaVW.JPG

Here's another view for the people who like wings, Spoilers or whatever.
If you don't like them, look away NOW.

AlfaSide.jpg

oooooh, I should try to post a sound, they both sound REALLY nice 8)

You got some amazing taste in cars dude! :D

I'd love to have either of them and yeah the sound of Alfa is amazing! I wish we had them here :cry:

A 2003 VW Passat V6 4 Motion.. I love this car, as i can drive it hard is just about any weather and never have to worry too much.

2003 Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2; this car is a beast and the best handling i felt for a car with no sport package. Only grips i have is the stearing is too soft at low speeds and the braking at low speeds... I somewhat reget not getting the BMW 540i but for the price i got the Jag, it was hard to compare.

And for kicks, I have an 2003 Harley Davidon Sportster 883C.. I am learning on this bike and plan to upgrade this baby to 1200C and push 100hp out of the motor.. that will be fun!

I guess If we are talking "American scale", it is :)

Here's another photo for scale...

AlfaVW2.jpg

I must admit, the boot of the Alfa is full of suspension, it really is a joke.

The rear seats are hilarious, if the front seat is fully back there is 1 inch (NOT a joke, I'm being serious) between the seat back and the rear seat cushion.

Goes well though :p

imillman said:
I guess If we are talking "American scale", it is :)

I must admit, the boot of the Alfa is full of suspension, it really is a joke.

The rear seats are hilarious, if the front seat is fully back there is 1 inch (NOT a joke, I'm being serious) between the seat back and the rear seat cushion.

Goes well though :p

Lots of cars are like that... useless rear seats..

but I wouldn't care at all, I'd love to own that car! :D

I like compact and light cars and the alfa styling and sound are pure sex :p

I want one of these in blue and yellow:

IMG_5362.sized.jpg

:twisted:

I would never pay that much for that...

sure it's fast but for that kind of money you can get so much better! The exterior looks so-so, the wing is ridiculous and the interior just sucks.. it's so cheap :?

I hate to step on some toes, because I know the Evo VIII and STI have legions of fans, but I don't like them. I can't say that I like their exteriors, and I agree with Renesis on the wing and interior. I'm not saying that my interior (I drive a 2000 Civic) is top - notch either, but I just don't see what attracts people to the Evo and the STI. Sure, 300hp is wicked, but I'd rather have less in what I consider to be a better looking car. But that's just my .02. I'm not trying to diss ESPNSTI's car or anyone else's....as long as you love the car you drive, don't consider other people's opinions. They're not the one driving your car.

whoops... forgot we had a STi owner.. oh well.

it's a matter of personnal taste I guess. But for that kind of money, I would like a car that doesn't scream boy racer...

but if perfs are the only thing that matters to you then it's really fast. But I prefer the EVO VIII over the STi. Too bad we don't get it here :evil:

Goes to show you different people have different tastes, I understand that and I take no offense.

Personally, I like the looks of the car (ok the wing is a bit over the top, but I've seen them without, and that looks much worse).
Believe it or not, the wing actually is functional.
It doesn't produce downforce, but it does reduce lift.

As for the interior, I can't see what's so awful about it, I think it looks good, especially compared to most other Japanese interiors.

But the looks aside, I absolutely love the way it comes out of a corner under power, just amazing.
And that's really why I bought it, not for the looks (well maybe a little bit, because I bought it instead of an Evo because of the looks).
To tell you the truth, the real reason I bought it was that I wanted to have a fun car to drive all year round (I got sick of putting along in the winter). :lol:

I've had it for half a year now, and quite frankly I'd expected that the excitement would have lessened by now, but it hasn't.
I'm doing more with this car that I ever have with any other:
I've been on a "car cruise" called "The Lizard" (named after "The Dragon") in Wisconsin twice now, and last weekend, I ran my first autocross.

The time that the black stig set on Top Gear (http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=442) should give you an indication on how good this car is, and I could be wrong, but I think that the UK version does not have the active center differential that the US version does.

IMHO, it's worth every penny. :D :D

oliB said:
gabeyung said:

That's right, I wouldn't buy a Opel/Vauxhall! :wink:

cya
Oli

Come on guys, now i'm deeple hurted :wink:

well, if you ask the only Opels were made were the older RWD models. These newer ones are mostly just cars which are good for everyday driving, not for a hobby or to those who wants some kind of driving plesure, mostly because the newer Opels are FWD. I don't understand why they doesn't make even a single model, which would have AWD or even RWD.

IMO to Subaru STI looks very good and I would love to own one, but here it costs something around 65000?, so I leave it in the store :) . STI would be the perfect winter car to here, because almost half of the year is slippery winter time.

JMM said:
IMO to Subaru STI looks very good and I would love to own one, but here it costs something around 65000?.
:shock: :shock:
If you convert from dollars to euros, it should cost only 25,929?.
I suppose the rest is all taxes? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.