What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :lol:
Usually, temperatures don't drop below zero for such a long time, so I normally wait untill it's anything above zero degrees again. The other and only legal way in Germany is to take your car to the car wash, they haven't to worry about the issue with the temperature because the're able to use warm water and your car gets dried briefly afterwards (Make sure though that you get the water off the sealing, my doors sometimes freeze and I cannot access my car any more until I spray them)

Here the temperature can stay under 0 for 3+ months so nobody washes there car in winter.

It doesn't get that cold here in Vancouver, but I know people from the East Coast do it in those indoor washing places at the gas stations. Like the ones where you drive your car into a bay, put money in the machine and wash it yourself.

IVIaster said:
Here the temperature can stay under 0 for 3+ months so nobody washes there car in winter.
Shawn_230 said:
It doesn't get that cold here in Vancouver
If IVIaster meant below 0 degree Celcius, then that's not a big deal since thats merely below 32 degree Fahrenheit.

Shawn_230 said:
I know people from the East Coast do it in those indoor washing places at the gas stations. Like the ones where you drive your car into a bay, put money in the machine and wash it yourself.
Those manual car washes work ok, but I find that some automatic car washes also work well even in very cold temperatures.
This is because it's in an enclosed area, and also the blow dryer at the end of the wash pretty much ensures there's no water left to freeze before you get out.

I use them every once in a while just to clear the crud off.

ESPNSTI said:
IVIaster said:
Shawn_230 said:
If IVIaster meant below 0 degree Celcius, then that's not a big deal since thats merely below 32 degree Fahrenheit.

Shawn_230 said:
I know people from the East Coast do it in those indoor washing places at the gas stations. Like the ones where you drive your car into a bay, put money in the machine and wash it yourself.
Those manual car washes work ok, but I find that some automatic car washes also work well even in very cold temperatures.
This is because it's in an enclosed area, and also the blow dryer at the end of the wash pretty much ensures there's no water left to freeze before you get out.

I use them every once in a while just to clear the crud off.

They also use very very warm water so the cold doesn't become a problem.

Those manual car wash bays use warm water which is what I use.

ESPNSTI said:
IVIaster said:
Shawn_230 said:
Not cold enough? Make -20 C

massy said:
What are the specs of that Hyundai?

I have a question for the canadians and people from northern Europe, how do you keep your car clean in winter?
Today I was washing mine at -3?C and it was ompossible to get it dry, the water on the car kept on freezing. I had to spray the part i wanted to dry to get the ice to melt, then dry it quickly and then spray a next part, so the dry part became wet again and so on....
After a while I stopped trying and only did my windows. Now it's standing outside with ice on the hood and doors.

I was my car indoors at work 3 times a week

My accent has 104hp and 106ftlbsTq it is just my reliable daily driver. The neon was just too loud and uncomfortable

4.0L V6! I thought the fastest one you could get was the 3.5 from the 350Z. Hey is this the same as the Nevara?

Different continents, different cars. You should know that being a fan of Mercs, they have none of their smaller engines in North America.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
4.0L V6! I thought the fastest one you could get was the 3.5 from the 350Z. Hey is this the same as the Nevara?

I've seen the Nevara before, it's a lot different than the Pathfinder in terms of chassis and such, our Pathfinders have 4-wheel independent suspension.
We only get the 4.0-litre here, though the European ones can have the base models with a 2.5-litre diesel :thumbsdown: .

The V6 is a lovely engine, btw. It has a lot of torque at good levels and it loves to rev, very nice for an off-roader.

Shawn_230 said:
3 times a week?

Yeah

I bring my car into the garage at work and wash it

mondays wed and friday

On wed i put it up on the lift and clean the underneath

here are more pics of the Neon
DSCF0024.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010032.jpg

I was using on drag radials back when i was about drag racing
Some Recent Pics
DSCF0283.jpg

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

Summer 2005 I started autocross and feel in love with it. I invested over 3k in suspension. I am working it her over the winter for the track some spring

Vette Boss said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

I've seen the Nevara before, it's a lot different than the Pathfinder in terms of chassis and such, our Pathfinders have 4-wheel independent suspension.
We only get the 4.0-litre here, though the European ones can have the base models with a 2.5-litre diesel :thumbsdown: .

The V6 is a lovely engine, btw. It has a lot of torque at good levels and it loves to rev, very nice for an off-roader.
Yeah it does sound powerfull.

JC's latest article is on the Navara. He tested that terrible 2.5D but he was still kinda impressed by it.
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-2001968,00.html

Where in the States exactly are you located?

Shawn_230 said:
You invested $3,000 in a Neon?

I think I have about 6k in it total

should be more come summer thats if I don't get something else

But i love that car its a blast to drive and handles really really good.

I need to pick up a innercooler though...

gregsterguy said:
Shawn_230 said:

:thumbsup: She looks good. I might do my first autocross this summer in my Alero.

Mischief007 said:
gregsterguy said:
Shawn_230 said:

:thumbsup: She looks good. I might do my first autocross this summer in my Alero.

You just need some good tires, brake pads and fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.