What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post on this forum. I'm huge auto enthusiast and a fan of Top Gear.

I drive a 2000 BMW 323Ci. I've modified it with a set of diamond-cut front turn signals and a Jim conforti cold-air intake kit. Still, it's pretty slow. It's black on black leather with 16" wheels.

LongHairedHippy said:
This is my first post on this forum. I'm huge auto enthusiast and a fan of Top Gear.

I drive a 2000 BMW 323Ci. I've modified it with a set of diamond-cut front turn signals and a Jim conforti cold-air intake kit. Still, it's pretty slow. It's black on black leather with 16" wheels.

Welcome, fellow Unitedbimmer member!

Nice car btw, I want one as a DD.

As you may see from my Sig I own a Peugeot 205 Gti

Unfortunately the one in the sig isn't my current car but just think exactly the same but Graphite Grey.

Since 17 I have owned 5 205's but i fear the one i have will be the last evolution, (UNLESS I CAN AFFORD A GROUP B RALLY T16 :p )

The car in the pic wasn't standard, i'm gonna leave out all the chassis and transmission work that was done, and stick to the important stuff:

ENGINE

A transplanted 306 GTi-6 engine 2.0 16v
Full straight through exhaust
Piper X forced air induction system

There was very little done but the engine was running 190bhp with 155lb/ft all at around 5,900 rpm

THEN THE CRASH!!

Needless to say 90mph on sheet ice on a roundabout isn't a good plan. especially when deliberately going in sideways! :?

So i have had to go bigger and better.

New Graphite Grey 205 1.9 GTi

ENGINE

2.0 16v 306 gti-6
Modified heads full forged low compression internals
T3 Turbo
Front Mount Intercooler (300x400x75) (very tight squeeze)
Straight through 3" exhaust system
Custom Manifolds
Remappable Cosworth ECU

There is more but the list is too long.

Anyways the car isn't quite finished as i really do want to get a FWD 7 speed Sequential box and TCS for it plus some other bits.
Car is running 307bhp @ 6,650rpm and 402 lb/ft torque. :thumbsup:

I will hopefully have loads of pics soon!

alternatengine said:
Lots of cool info about his 205s

Nice.... :cry: About the blue 205 though...

I'm currently on a 309. Not quite as nice as a 205, but not bad. Really considering 'upgrading' to a 309 GTI... :) (currently on a smaller engine than the 1.9 in the GTi)

Just wondering though - probably a complete noob/novice question - but where do you source the engine and other parts from? And how much does that sort of upgrade set you back?

Looking forward to the piccys of the current 205...

Edit: Oh yeah, also you say you've owned 5 205s since 17. Hope you don't mind me asking this, but how old are you now, and how hard do the insurance companies sting you for these upgrades?

Firstly, how can you own FIVE 205's :shock:
Secondly, I see 307bhp. Thats cool and all I care about :p

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Secondly, I see 307bhp. Thats cool and all I care about :p

LOL - yeah I thought that was a little manic too! :D

so YOU are the one crashing all these cars and making them rare :x

j/k :lol:, respect :thumbsup:

but.....

is a 205 worth all the effort? (and costs)
37bhp on such a small chassis with such a short wheelbase must give problems sometimes, no?

and you're in england. how do you handle MOT? you're the first (european) person i speak who actually equiped his NA car with a turbo. didn't you have many problems with paperwork/insurance/... or is everything done in the dark alleys and each year it gets setup as stock?

monkeymax said:
alternatengine said:
Lots of cool info about his 205s

Nice.... :cry: About the blue 205 though...

I'm currently on a 309. Not quite as nice as a 205, but not bad. Really considering 'upgrading' to a 309 GTI... :) (currently on a smaller engine than the 1.9 in the GTi)

Just wondering though - probably a complete noob/novice question - but where do you source the engine and other parts from? And how much does that sort of upgrade set you back?

Looking forward to the piccys of the current 205...

Edit: Oh yeah, also you say you've owned 5 205s since 17. Hope you don't mind me asking this, but how old are you now, and how hard do the insurance companies sting you for these upgrades?

I am 23, INSURANCE IS A NIGHTMARE.

As far as the engine goes it really depends.

As your in the UK try

Pug Performance or
Peugeot Ecosse

Pug Performance built my current car.
Ecosse did the last one.

If you wanna do the conversion yourself power to you, but bear in mind brakes / suspension. THEY ARE A MUST.

For the blue one the cost was around ?4,000 all in with brakes / suspension.
I ain't gonna tell you how much the Grey one was!

bone said:
so YOU are the one crashing all these cars and making them rare :x

j/k :lol:, respect :thumbsup:

but.....

is a 205 worth all the effort? (and costs)
37bhp on such a small chassis with such a short wheelbase must give problems sometimes, no?

and you're in england. how do you handle MOT? you're the first (european) person i speak who actually equiped his NA car with a turbo. didn't you have many problems with paperwork/insurance/... or is everything done in the dark alleys and each year it gets setup as stock?

It was definately worth the effort.

I dunno if any of you are aware of a magazine called Max Power (I'm not a huge fan) but they did a photoshoot with a 205 (Peugeot Ecosse) running slightly slower than mine (T16 block) where they pitted small modified cars against supercars. and i'm chuffed to say theirs beat a Lambo Gallardo. Mine is set up better so i can only imagine what it could do.
WORTH IT?

The chassis is strong but it does require uprated parts here and there. The main problem is the fact it's FWD. Wheelspin is a bit annoying but controllable.

ENGLAND?

OK FOR EVERYONE'S FUTURE INFORMATION

EDINBURGH IS IN SCOTLAND!!!

MOT was a walk through. Fuel emmisions were touch and go but other than that. I recieved an Engineers report for all work carried out. Then the insurance company bent me over and slipped in a dry one. WANKS

205's are interesting little cars, unfortunately we didnt get them here in the states... Out of curiousity, have you ever drivin a CRX? I'm just curious on how the two cars compare handling wise.

alternatengine said:
Since 17 I have owned 5 205's but i fear the one i have will be the last evolution, (UNLESS I CAN AFFORD A GROUP B RALLY T16 :p )
I found this beauty for sale here in Italy a couple of weeks ago, 1985 205 T16, asking price: 55.000 euro
l__N226062_01-Auto_Peugeot_205_T_16_Usata_1985Piemonte_CN_Autoieri__Riv____N226062.jpg

Btw; I'm also looking for a 205 GTI, but they are hard to find here. :(

alternatengine said:
As you may see from my Sig I own a Peugeot 205 Gti

Unfortunately the one in the sig isn't my current car but just think exactly the same but Graphite Grey.

The car in the pic wasn't standard, i'm gonna leave out all the chassis and transmission work that was done, and stick to the important stuff:

ENGINE

A transplanted 306 GTi-6 engine 2.0 16v
Full straight through exhaust
Piper X forced air induction system

There was very little done but the engine was running 190bhp with 155lb/ft all at around 5,900 rpm

THEN THE CRASH!!

Needless to say 90mph on sheet ice on a roundabout isn't a good plan. especially when deliberately going in sideways! :?

So i have had to go bigger and better.

New Graphite Grey 205 1.9 GTi

ENGINE

2.0 16v 306 gti-6
Modified heads full forged low compression internals
T3 Turbo
Front Mount Intercooler (300x400x75) (very tight squeeze)
Straight through 3" exhaust system
Custom Manifolds
Remappable Cosworth ECU

There is more but the list is too long.

Anyways the car isn't quite finished as i really do want to get a FWD 7 speed Sequential box and TCS for it plus some other bits.
Car is running 307bhp @ 6,650rpm and 402 lb/ft torque. :thumbsup:

I will hopefully have loads of pics soon!

Have you even taken your Pug to the Hot Hatch Days at Knockhill?

what's the 0-60, 0-100 times etc?

NickBW said:
205's are interesting little cars, unfortunately we didnt get them here in the states... Out of curiousity, have you ever drivin a CRX? I'm just curious on how the two cars compare handling wise.

My JDM friends swear by CRX's but even they admit it's beaten by the 205.

Think i've just spunked my load at the road T16. 55,000euro's how much is that in pounds? :?

I sat in an EVO II Group B Car 537bhp, felt like Ari Vatinnen
http://img96.imageshack.**/img96/343/290520050109yp.jpg

there was a cool pic in a scottish modified mag called Fast & Modified where me and 2 friends were doing the "We're not worthy pose" in front of it. MINTED

Status
Not open for further replies.