What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MercedesBMW said:
Mercedes-Benz C-Class model 2004
Ahh finally another Mercedes man in this forum :D Any pics of the car, more details perhaps??
911GT1 said:
My cars? I'm prolly the only one in this forum who owns a Proton :lol:

I have a 2000 Proton Wira 1.5L Auto (3 speed gearbox feel free to laugh) thats been riced up. It rides on an 18" chrome wheels, advan AD07 tyres and kitted with a Civic type-R style bodykit with EvoI style spoilers. Interior, it have an Alpine 9835 cd player with PHA H701 signal processor, 12 disc changer, JL 300/4 and 300/2 amps with Evolution XR comp speakers and 10" W6 woofers. The seats have been changed to Recaro NSR black and I uses Momo X-avion steering. The suspension been changed to koni adjustables and OMP springs. The engine however is totally stock, not even replacement filters. I only drive this car if I feel like "cruising".

My 2nd car is 2000 Proton Perdana V6 which is like the "premier executive car" in malaysia. It's totally stock, except for 90% limo black tint. This is the car I drive to work everyday.

My 3rd car recently acquired, belong to my dad before this, is a Volvo V70T5. Again totally stock, nothing has been done to it except I've made the ride stiffer by lowering the car. It rides on Sachs suspension and APEX springs. And I also installed Defi VSD boost meter for that F-16 OSD cockpit feel :bangin:
Ahhh some of the guys were discussing the V70 a couple days ago in this thread:
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=8683

And OMG Protons :lol: Do they even still exists away from Malaysia?

Thanks for pointing me.
Yes they do exist outside malaysia but in a very very minute amount. Although my wira is a basically a 91 Lancer it handles suprisingly well. Though i cant stress enough the shittyness of Proton built quality. I've strenghten the chasis and beefed up the suspension and now I'm confident in the right hand it'll outhandle a civic Type-R (the old one) despite being an auto. Although it wont accel as quick or as fast as one, but give a downhill section I bet it'll teach the civic some lesson. Yeah most ppl on the net laughed at me on this, but I've beaten a Satria GTi (also a proton but it's been handling have been honed by Lotus) on a quick downhill sprint. mind you that car is a 145bhp, manual, 2 door hatch, that weighs less than 1tonne. Mine is a 4 door sedan, 1.3 tonne stock, not to mention the extra weight of the ICE, riced out bodykits, 18"wheels and my fat ass.

911GT1 said:
Thanks for pointing me.
Yes they do exist outside malaysia but in a very very minute amount. Although my wira is a basically a 91 Lancer it handles suprisingly well. Though i cant stress enough the shittyness of Proton built quality. I'm strenghten the chasis and beef up the suspension and now I'm confident in the right hand it'll outhandle a civic Type-R (the old one) despite being an auto. Although it wont accel as quick or as fast as one, but give a downhill section I bet it'll teach the civic some lesson. Yeah most ppl on the net laughed at me on this, but I've beaten a Satria GTi (also a proton but it's been handling have been honed by Lotus) on a quick downhill sprint. mind you that car is a 140bhp manual 2 door hatch that weighs less than 1tonne. Mine is a 1.3 tonne car stock, with extra weight of the ICE and wheels.
What model are the cabs in Malaysia? I stopped over their for 2-days before going to Singapore and got in a Proton cab. I couldn't believe how bad it was in every way :lol: To begin with, the seatbelts weren't being held up by the buckle!

Oh and its funny how Lotus are now involved with Proton...hopefully they will work miracles and turn them around.

Dude... Lotus are going belly up. They and MV agusta are dragging proton down and for the 1st time this year proton post a net loss of 30million dollars (last year they post a profit of 100million dollars if I'mnot mistaken). The management are considering dumping the Lotus and MV agusta as soon as possible so that they can return to the black.

The cabs? :lol: They are based on the 1982 Mitsubishi Lancer Fiore and Proton are prolly the only one in the world who are producing this increduble shitty car till today. The reason why it was appointed as out national cab is that it got a huge boot. Safety of the tourist/passengers? who gives a shit about them? let them die, more space in the world for the rest of us. I think thats the current mentality of our DMV.

:lol: What a piece of shit....
iswara.jpg

^lol your right, it is POS. And if you drive 45-minutes to Singapore, you have clean clean Toyota Crowns. The drivers run those air freshner things inside or they use these vapourisor mechines....so so clean. Did I mention it was clean? :p

Originally the crown was the taxi during the old days. But somehow the goverment said that cars more than 5 years old is dangerous for ferrying passenger, so they outlaw all crowns, bluebirds, and old mercedes. And what did they replace it with? yeah the car is less than 5 year old alright, but the design was 30friggin years old!!!
Bring me back to the old days.

911GT1 said:
Originally the crown was the taxi during the old days. But somehow the goverment said that cars more than 5 years old is dangerous for ferrying passenger, so they outlaw all crowns, bluebirds, and old mercedes. And what did they replace it with? yeah the car is less than 5 year old alright, but the design was 30friggin years old!!!
Bring me back to the old days.
Governments hate each other <_<

"Stupid Singapore, they think the Crown is a good cab...we'll show them!!"

Oh btw, i have never took a ride in our cabs, amazing but true. I only took the bus, the train, rapid transits or even the monorails.

The wifes 2005 Scion xB, aka "The Toaster". :lol:

http://img310.imageshack.**/img310/1337/7702930r1047229of.th.jpg

Have you guys done anything to it yet? I'm getting some Work Equip 01 wheels for mine pretty soon.

cvg said:
Have you guys done anything to it yet? I'm getting some Work Equip 01 wheels for mine pretty soon.

Nah, she's not a modder like me, or has any intentions to do so. :( Maybe some 17's for the summer, foglights and H.I.D.'s, but thats about the extent.

I took off my wheel covers...I hated them so much.

http://img277.imageshack.**/img277/1381/steelies0037yb.th.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.**/img362/8282/steelies0015pr.th.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.**/img466/1201/steelies0021lh.th.jpg

Hehe, 'The Toaster' soo sooo right :thumbsup: :lol: :lmao:

Just to update everyone - the my '91 Rover 216 GTi has finally gone to the great big car park in the sky :cry:

Looking at replacing it now with a '92 Rover 220 GTi - granted, it'll lose the 'Honda Power', but try finding one for sale for under ?500! :mrgreen:

fordsierra4x4 said:
Just to update everyone - the my '91 Rover 216 GTi has finally gone to the great big car park in the sky :cry:

Looking at replacing it now with a '92 Rover 220 GTi - granted, it'll lose the 'Honda Power', but try finding one for sale for under ?500! :mrgreen:

What happened to it? Did you kill it or did it die of old age?
Yeah, the Honda powered ones are a little difficult to find for under 500... Avoid the Peugeot powered diesel ones, my sis bought one, nothing but trouble... 80k Miles 1995 and still a pain...

Finally got a picture of my car. I went to drive the Dragon at Deal's Gap (NC Hwy 129), 318 turns in 11 miles of mountain road. @&#$% awesome! This pic was taken at a scenic vantage point on a mountainous crest.

MR2enh.jpg

I will say upfront that my car is not really that red; in fact, it had been exposed to a few hundred miles of road salt and sand before taking that picture. This pic is actually my first Photoshop edit, in this case touching up the red.

Status
Not open for further replies.