What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yelo said:
'91 civic si with some rust 'cause of our climat around here

still a lot of fun tough ;) :thumbsup:

Not another frenchie ;)...:lol:

The cars on this board diversify big time.

monkeymax said:
fordsierra4x4 said:
Just to update everyone - the my '91 Rover 216 GTi has finally gone to the great big car park in the sky :cry:

Looking at replacing it now with a '92 Rover 220 GTi - granted, it'll lose the 'Honda Power', but try finding one for sale for under ?500! :mrgreen:

What happened to it? Did you kill it or did it die of old age?
Yeah, the Honda powered ones are a little difficult to find for under 500... Avoid the Peugeot powered diesel ones, my sis bought one, nothing but trouble... 80k Miles 1995 and still a pain...

Slid on some black ice straight into a steel bollard, smashed the front passenger side light, and the front spoiler - so i didnt think there was much damage. However, the concrete it was embedded in tore through the driveshaft, the steering gear, lower suspension, brake lines etc :cry:

I'm now engaged in a bidding war on a 220 GTi - ?250 and rising....found a few honda engined ones but the people selling seem to think the rest of the car is worth over ?1500 :?

cvg said:
I took off my wheel covers...I hated them so much.

http://img277.imageshack.**/img277/1381/steelies0037yb.th.jpg
http://img362.imageshack.**/img362/8282/steelies0015pr.th.jpg
http://img466.imageshack.**/img466/1201/steelies0021lh.th.jpg

Rare color! Looks great, love the steelies look. :thumbsup:

I am only 15 so can't drive but I have got an 1984 1.6 Capri Laser that I am currently restoring (with my dad's help). It' s being a right pain in the backside as the bloke who owned it before thought it would be a good idea to install his own throttle system which doesn't work. But at least he let me keep the furry dice :thumbsup:
http://img394.imageshack.**/img394/6781/im0002231ij.th.jpg

Evo7 said:
I am only 15 so can't drive but I have got an 1984 1.6 Capri Laser that I am currently restoring (with my dad's help). It' s being a right pain in the backside as the bloke who owned it before thought it would be a good idea to install his own throttle system which doesn't work. But at least he let me keep the furry dice :thumbsup:
http://img394.imageshack.**/img394/6781/im0002231ij.th.jpg

I to am 15 and I was thinking about doing the same thing as you, does it cost much?

Yes it is rear wheel drive. I really want the 2.8 litre injection but I don't think anyone would insure me on it. :lol: It only cost 150 pounds but I can see why now as it seems to be held togther by duct tape.

Vette Boss said:
Looks like a fun project that Capri, good luck with it. About how long do you think that takes? Three or four years?

In theory it should take three or four years but it is probably going to take me 20 years to finish as I can't find any time because of schoolwork.

fbc said:

Thanks for your approval 8)

Here's my rare and exotic Hyundai Lantra :p

It's a 1992 GLS, 1598cc, about 85kW. I've had it for 5.5 years. When I got it, it had extractors/exhaust, wheels and some minor interior mods (tint, steering wheel etc).

I've had the front suspension done (lowered), and some new tyres (Goodyear Eagle F1s :D), plus the stereo (15" sub not shown) and more minor interior mods (gauges, lights etc). I did all the non-mechanical mods myself; it's a work-in-progress, still a few things I want to do.

It's been pretty good overall, although I've only done around 12,000km in the time I've had it :| The only main problem was the ECU caught fire and cost nearly $1000 to replace... The gearbox is a bit temperamental, particularly reverse gear, and it's a bit (I mean, a lot ;)) underpowered, but apart from that I :love: it! :p

lamcdonald said:
Here's my rare and exotic Hyundai Lantra :p

It's a 1992 GLS, 1598cc, about 85kW. I've had it for 5.5 years. When I got it, it had extractors/exhaust, wheels and some minor interior mods (tint, steering wheel etc).

It's been pretty good overall, although I've only done around 12,000km in the time I've had it :|

12,000? In 5.5 YEARS? That's less than 6km per day!

How on earth do you do that?

I've had my car for 4.5 MONTHS and just passed 10,000 km.

Well, you have those people who buy a car just to own one ;)

And, 6 km gets him to the grocery store and back. What more should he need? ;-)

Oh, what in the name of god is that carpet doing on your dashboard? It looks terrible.

@ Massy: hmz, I didn't know you are working already?

When I first got the car I was going to Uni about 15km away, with no suitable public transport (bus -> train -> bus with up to 3x 30-60min waits each way :thumbsdown: vs 15-20mins in the car). However I didn't have my license then, both my parents cars are autos, and I wanted to learn on a manual, so I got the Lantra. (But by the time I got my license I had left uni anyway) Unfortunately my health deteriorated badly and I was unable to continue studying, and I'm unable to work either :( (Diabetes + back problem = highly unreliable health) It's not very cost-effective keeping it on the road, but it's much handier than not having a car! I don't drive it every day, usually only about 2 trips a week. Tomorrow I'll be going about 40km, which will be my longest trip in AGES! :blush:

A new grocery shop just opened around the corner, about 800m away :p I'd walk there, but it's hard to carry 10-20kg of stuff with a back as bad as mine :cry: Not that I usually make special trips anyway, I go to the (more distant) hardware/computer/electronics shops nearly as often...
The dash mat came with the car. :D It's a good custom one that fits perfectly (except the ripples along the front) and doesn't fall off, so I kept it :) Plus the dash is a little too shiny without it...

By the way, Mum's had her Commodore for 8 years (from new) and it's only done 65,000km.

I always had those visions of old, dusty cars/4x4's which travel thousands of miles at once through the desert in Australia, avoiding kangaroos, just to visit their grandparents or get their children from school ;-)

My dads 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport :)
AC, Leather, good stereo. Suure.. it's a SUV. But it's better than the old Toyota RAV4. This was the model based on a car from the 80s :)

Edit: Evo7: Allways nice to see someone at your age so into cars ;)

Mum bought a new Nissan Pathfinder three weeks ago, it's an SE model with hardly any options, but it is a nice car, it has tons of places to put things, the engine is remarkable for this sort of vehicle it pulls to 6000rpm and makes 270hp, but more importantly 284tq with most of it coming in at under 2800rpm. The result of that is 0-60mph in about 7.3-seconds! You can tell straight off that it's not really a mother-y sort of vehicle, it even has VDC and the whole thing feels like no women were involved the development. :lol:

Of course, I had nothing to do with her buying it... :whistle: She just thinks it's a stylish way to get around. :p

nomix said:
My dads 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport :)
AC, Leather, good stereo. Suure.. it's a SUV. But it's better than the old Toyota RAV4. This was the model based on a car from the 80s :)

Edit: Evo7: Allways nice to see someone at your age so into cars ;)
Outlander is one of my softroaders IMO. Our neighbours got them at at the moment they are giving them away with what they call a "multimedia pack" which has this really fancy sat nav system in it.

btw I'm 15 aswell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.