What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IVIaster said:
jetsetter said:
Here is the newest addition to the family(I put these profiles together so if anyone wants one like it just ask).

http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/4328/truckcopy7po.jpg

and here is what I drive

http://img236.imageshack.**/img236/3168/ride9bv1wp.jpg

Finally, I can ask the question which has been needing answering for years: Why a pickup?!?!

First, it is my first car and my parents bought it for me. Second....think of it as a small RWD car and a manual trans and almost no weight over the rear wheels. This makes the truck very fun to drive. It does need more power but I can break loose the rear tires whenever I want due to the low rear end weight. Trucks are useful. My family has always had trucks and we use them all the time to transport things. With a bed it is much easier to transport large things.

Roman said:
To haul the groceries, they have to eat lots to get that big ! :lol:

Says the Canadian. You guys have just as many trucks.

jetsetter said:
Roman said:
To haul the groceries, they have to eat lots to get that big ! :lol:

Says the Canadian. You guys have just as many trucks.
I don't think so.

I travel to the States two-three times a year and am always impressed by how small I suddenly feel on the road after having been across the border for a while.

I see a lot more full size SUVs, pickup trucks and overall big cars in the States than back here. Lots of Hyundai Accent and Toyota Echo here.

How about you ? Tell me about your own observations when you travel here. ;)

Over here in England everyone buys pickups because you get tax allowance as they are considered company cars if they are double cab, so you get people in an office job driving about in a pickup as their company car. :?

But dad bought his cos' he's a farmer....

its the SUV vs. Minivan thats doing this. if you have a lot of kids or stuff to transport, a Minivan could make perfect sense. but it isnt cool enough, so they buy SUV's.

I have a 1994 toyota corolla dx, 125k on it
my mom bought it used 80k, and now I have it
It's an ok car, get me from A to B
I'm 17 years old, so I don't have that much money
color:tan (hate it)
rim: cheap, very cheap, $30 cheap (the guy who was repaling the tires gave them for free, since he broke the original :x )
SUNROOF (motor needs replacement)
power windows, umm what else, o ya AC :lol:

Good enough. :)

In '94 I was driving my first car: a 1980 Toyota Corolla !!
Bought for 650$ in '92 and took me everywhere I wanted to go for little over two years until I sold it for 300$ :lol:
No AC, sunroof and only four speed stickshift BUT it was a lot of fun on snow or dirt as it was light and RWD. :)

pfrocker said:
I have a 1994 toyota corolla dx, 125k on it
my mom bought it used 80k, and now I have it
It's an ok car, get me from A to B
I'm 17 years old, so I don't have that much money
color:tan (hate it)
rim: cheap, very cheap, $30 cheap (the guy who was repaling the tires gave them for free, since he broke the original :x )
SUNROOF (motor needs replacement)
power windows, umm what else, o ya AC :lol:

nice avatar

Wee okay here's my ride. It's a 1995 BMW 525i. I bought it this winter so I don't have any good pictures yet. It's got an inline six, 189bhp, RWD (obviously), power everything, cruise control, 6-disc cd changer, the lot... Best purchase I made!

525_1.jpg

525_2.jpg

525_3.jpg

525_4.jpg

525_5.jpg

525_6.jpg

525_7.jpg

^look ma! no missing pixels!

Cactuar said:
Wee okay here's my ride. It's a 1995 BMW 525i. I bought it this winter so I don't have any good pictures yet. It's got an inline six, 189bhp, RWD (obviously), power everything, cruise control, 6-disc cd changer, the lot... Best purchase I made!

Why an automatic?????????

Other than that :thumbsup:.

I'm planning on an E39 530i with the M-Sport Package and a manual. ;)

Simply put it's a family car and I don't care much for performance. I don't care for "feeling" the car or extracting 0.1% performance and better fuel consumption out of it. I only use it a few times a week (I work at home) to get me from A to B in comfort and style.

When I get an M5 or a week-end roadster I'll get a manual though, obviously...

Cactuar said:
Simply put it's a family car and I don't care much for performance. I don't care for "feeling" the car or extracting 0.1% performance and better fuel consumption out of it. I only use it a few times a week (I work at home) to get me from A to B in comfort and style.

When I get an M5 or a week-end roadster I'll get a manual though, obviously...

Cool. I just don't know how to drive an automatic. :p

Wow its weird how little the speedo has changed. It looks soo simliar in the latest M5.

I think thats the best looking 5-Series IMO, and I'm not just saying that. The one after that was nice but too soft, the one before it was too small and unrefined. Lets not bother mentioning the current one..

Yeah the 5 series model after mine was very round and elegant, but lacking character IMO. I think the E34 range (mine) are the best balance between classic and new lines. That said in a few years my next car will probably be a 2002 5 series even if it's a bit soft, just because they're excellent cars.

I actually like the new 5 a lot, less luxury and more character, I like that. The new M5 is out of this world as well. I'd love to be rich.

Do you drive an SL65? :)

No, he's 15... :p

I like the new 5-Series... only new BMW that I don't mind. The rest look like nutsacks.

Shawn_230 said:
I like the new 5-Series... only new BMW that I don't mind. The rest look like nutsacks.
:lmao:
Very nice, Cactuar, I'm a fan of the E34s as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.