What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
patrick10 said:
btw nice kouki and please for the love of god, get rid of the fno1rc's

The FN's are cheap, relatively light for 17's, wide, low offset. The only downside is looks (opinion...although i'm not fond either) and lack of rarity (i don't care that much).

Besides, they're gonna be track wheels.

janstett said:
klutch said:
Picking her up on Friday; the tuning will commence on Saturday, and won't stop till the numbers reach 400 at the wheels.
[...]
Sure, as soon as I pick it up. Right now, the modifications are the usual headers, exhaust, intake and cam...pretty mild. Low kilometers, and well treated, seems to be a good deal.

Does that thing have the 5.0 motor or the 4.6? Anything but the supercharged Cobras is going to be lucky to ring up 250 at the wheels. I think you're gonna need some more help getting 400 at the wheels with those mods. I think you'd be lucky to hit 300 with them. You gotta stroke and/or blow to hit 400. I'm starting out with amost 100 horsepower more than you and depending on the motor 1 liter more displacement, and I'd be very lucky to hit 400 rwhp on pure motor with an extreme cam.
my buddy has a 86 with a little work to it like heads and a E cam? and its 305 whp with everything to pass emmissions on there like cats and a smog pump.

patrick10 said:
my buddy has a 86 with a little work to it like heads and a E cam? and its 305 whp with everything to pass emmissions on there like cats and a smog pump.

I should ammend that to say 250 rwhp in stock form (couldn't edit the original post). 300 rwhp with heads/cam sounds right. For the 5.0 -- the 4.6 is harder to wring performance out of. The first couple years of the 4th Gen Mustang still had the 5.0, I think that's the car in question.

OptionZero said:
DSCN1312.jpg

Basically, it hurts to drive sometimes on shitty roads but the responsiveness and connection to the road is ungodly. Gotta pay to play I guess.

Yes, even with the stock suspension the S14's are miles ahead of the S13's insofar as handling goes. If you are reading this Zenkidori, sorry. :(

Yeah, its a 5.0...the SN95 1994-1995 were the last years before the 4.6's, and yes, the latter is harder to get power out of. I was considering getting a 383 stroker locally, and swapping it in with a new T5, but its going to be too much money, and take too much time. Just gonna play with what I have.
I know of lots of guys around that have very mildly tuned 5.0's and getting at or near 300rwhp; pulleys, E-cam's, intakes, and o/r pipes and headers seems to be the magic parts. I've got some new headers and H-Pipes on the way, as well as the usual 3.73's and Steeda pulleys. I've since revised my power goals to 300, and I want to focus on some suspension improvements. Great garage by the way, janstett!

OZ-

I have heard rumblings of getting that VET into S13-15's. It's just as possible as a Rb26dett swap, but would require some time. I think your approach is good, tuning the KA. Strong motor, I've heard people getting 300-400 hp easily. You'd need injectors, turbo, intercooler, manifolds, turbo piping and etc... But if you could pull it off it would be a great track bitch and fairly docile cruising thru Davis. You wouldn't go so fast that you couldn't avoid the bicycles. :mrgreen:

I appreciate your reasoning, but more power is never a bad thing in such a well-balanced chassis and with such nice suspension. How are those Azenis 615's as a tire? The AO48's on my dad's evo are going bald and if he does another trackday, he'll need another set.

Roman said:
janstett said:
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4
3.7L V6
Quarter mile: 18.8 @ 73 mph
:lmao: @ actually knowing this.

A true enthusiast: any car to all possible events. :thumbup:

:) It sure looked funny in the staging lanes. I just wanted to know how slow it was. Now I know. :D

Jacobfox said:
OZ-

I have heard rumblings of getting that VET into S13-15's. It's just as possible as a Rb26dett swap, but would require some time. I think your approach is good, tuning the KA. Strong motor, I've heard people getting 300-400 hp easily. You'd need injectors, turbo, intercooler, manifolds, turbo piping and etc... But if you could pull it off it would be a great track bitch and fairly docile cruising thru Davis. You wouldn't go so fast that you couldn't avoid the bicycles. :mrgreen:

I appreciate your reasoning, but more power is never a bad thing in such a well-balanced chassis and with such nice suspension. How are those Azenis 615's as a tire? The AO48's on my dad's evo are going bald and if he does another trackday, he'll need another set.

I would agree with you *if* the chassis were new; however, mine is a sunroof (kills rigidity) and has 115k miles on it. Bushings were worn, tires shot, etc. Power first on a used car would be suicidal. In a brand new S-chassis, adding power to the KA could be justified, but in my condition, i think it's stupid...especially the way people drop turbo engines into 200k chassis before ANY other mods, including repair work.

I LOVE the Rt-615s, they are virtually *telepathic* in the feel they give you. I swear there's absolutely no way to break these suckers loose no matter how hard I take a turn. Before these I ran stock sized RT-215,s the previous model, and those are freakin' awesome. In the rain it can get a tad scary if you're at all aggressive, but for the price I say nothing beats the Azenis RT series.

Unfortunately I can't compare to the A048's on the EVO, but I hear those things wear out superfast. I got 35k out of my RT-215's, including a couple track days and hard daily driving. Camber, toe, and such will obviously make a big difference.

I'm not saying that you should have gone full steam on power at first, I'm just saying that it seems to be the next logical step. Also, the chassis seems pretty good after all of the handling/rigidity mods that you've made. Obviously, you need to feed in the power gradually, incresing in small increments. I know this personally, having driven my dad's Evo back to back with the mini cooper s he used to own. That's only a 110 hp gain and yet it was a totally different animal. The AO46's (My bad when typing, the AO48 is the stock Lotus Exige tyre) just wear out their treads so fast, they are basically cut slicks. I bet that they'll last 5000 more miles at most. They grip so hard though, if you wanna break out the back end, you need to feint, clutch kick and e-brake all at the same time. Also, it helps to be on gravel.

Kay, so I guess none of you have sometimes wondered, "What's the guy with the cartoony Exige in his sig actually drive?"

Well, sadly, it's not an Exige.

It does however have a 1.9 litres of engine, and possibly even 150 brake horse power [wish we'd got the V6 model...]

Here it is, in all it's green glory :

http://img87.imageshack.**/img87/1395/thetank2tk1xt.jpg

Yep, a Seat Ahlambra. Bleh.

teeb said:
Kay, so I guess none of you have sometimes wondered, "What's the guy with the cartoony Exige in his sig actually drive?"

Well, sadly, it's not an Exige.

It does however have a 1.9 litres of engine, and possibly even 150 brake horse power [wish we'd got the V6 model...]

Here it is, in all it's green glory :

http://img87.imageshack.**/img87/1395/thetank2tk1xt.jpg

Yep, a Seat Ahlambra. Bleh.

Hey, I've got the same engine but somehow lack 50hp to your car :|

mautzel said:

To be honest I just searched www.whatcar.com for the car, couldn't find the 1.9 litre petrol and so used the 1.8litre's figure instead.

So yes, I'm probably miles out from the real figure.

teeb said:
mautzel said:

To be honest I just searched www.whatcar.com for the car, couldn't find the 1.9 litre petrol and so used the 1.8litre's figure instead.

So yes, I'm probably miles out from the real figure.

Then we don't have the same engine as I've got the 1.9 TDI. (assumed that you have the Diesel as well due to the 1.9 litre) And the 1.8T petrol should put out 150hp as you first said.

I'm new to the site, thought I'd chime in and share my car with everyone.

1993 Saturn SL2. Bought it 2 years ago as a temporary replacement for my dearly departed (stolen) '89 GTI, and then when I decided to go back to school a year and a half ago, the Saturn came with. In its defense, it was dirt-cheap, low-mileage, and it has been very reliable, none of which make up for the fact that it's total rubbish. Hence my sig line.

i own a subaru impreza and a crap ford bantam pick up truck

Well i've got a KIA AVELLA, 2000 Model (1.3lt 73BHP/100ftpounds of torque)
What do ya think guys? 8)

jonimatix said:
Doesn't matter what we think. What do you think? Do you like it?

MadCow809 said:
i own a subaru impreza and a crap ford bantam pick up truck

jonimatix said:

Pictures!!!! Where are the pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.