What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice.

What model is it? 650? No badges on the back.

They are very nice cars, but I think the 6 series is very overpriced for what you get. I guess it comes down to what kind of car you want.

@SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!!: The rear is really something that needs getting used to, but I just loved that design since I first saw the first pics in 2002 ;-) I like the layout as well but you get immediately addicted to the HUD and you don't look at the rest a lot anymore...

@watto: It's a 650. And yeah...it DOES have advantages to live vlose to Germany.

@Janus: Sure it's pricey, but I definitely prefer it to the XK, the CLS or the SL. The Mercs...well...I'm not yet in that age range :lol: And the XK is a story of its own. I drove one the other day just to see how it is in real live. I don't like the styling too much as I always have preferred Astons - never mind the technical problems that AMs have.

As for other cars in that category: I just CAN'T drive a 911! Here in Switzerland they're more common than VW Golfs whereas the 6 series is definitely a rare car. Few people appreciate it, but I think with the 5.0l V8 it's a very good car (forget the 630, that's just not fun) overall with power and every-day-usability.

This is my 3rd BMW and I just love them. I've tried loads of other cars but I keep coming back to BMW all the time.

What other Beemers have you had? And how old are you? I want to know what you define as the "Merc age range". :p

I had a 318i first, then a 330i and now the 650. I'm 27 (although alredy with quite some grey hair) :mrgreen:

And yeah...the Merc age range starts somewhere around 40 for the CLS and the SL.

Byte said:
I had a 318i first, then a 330i and now the 650. I'm 27 (although alredy with quite some grey hair) :mrgreen:

That is quite some jump, the 318i and 330i are kind of close in price, but it is a huge jump to the 650.

Somebody must have scored a big promotion! :p

The 330 was full spec with all options (plus lowered etc.) and like twice the price of the 318i. Promotions don't exist for me since it's just me-I-and-myself. Better to push the money into the industy again rather than give it to some goverment bloodsuckers! ;-)

Janus said:
Byte said:

That is quite some jump, the 318i and 330i are kind of close in price, but it is a huge jump to the 650.

Somebody must have scored a big promotion! :p

damn! Is the 318i and the 330i close in price in Australia?? :shock:
Here, because we pay heavy duty in taxes for displacement, you get 3x318i's for the price of a 330i ..........

haz

I guess they aren't that close. A standard 318 would be around $60k and the 330 would be around $100k.

Byte, may I ask what you do for a living? I'm guessing something in the IT industry with a name like that. :p

Byte said:
The 330 was full spec with all options (plus lowered etc.) and like twice the price of the 318i. Promotions don't exist for me since it's just me-I-and-myself. Better to push the money into the industy again rather than give it to some goverment bloodsuckers! ;-)

By buying heavy taxed cars which run on even heavier taxed fuel? ;)

Or maybe it's different in Switzerland. Although I never tought of that country as being cheap to live :)

Well, I'm going to join the same boat as Roman. As I also own a Chrysler PT Turbo.

andyhui01 said:
for me its >40 is a Merc. Owner age :p
Well i dunno... it might be a fact but I still don't see me switching to a merc. Not when I'm 40 and not even when I'm 60.

One after the other:

The 650 is my only car. I was pondering keeping the 330 and getting a secondary car for a long time. There I would have gone for either an Exige or an Atom, but in the end it was just too unpractical to have two rides for me.

Switzerland definitely is not a cheap place to live! Coming from Austria, it really is amazingly expensive. The thing is though: cars are about the only thing which is definitely less expensive over here. Also taxes and insurances for cars are considerably cheaper (at least in some parts of the country...they have region-specifc procing here!).

And yeah, I'm more or less in an IT-related area. The name I got in University and in the meantime many people have forgotten my real name so I stick to this one ;-)

This is what I drive. I bought 'er in November, it's my first car. I thought I'd have a great deal of fun in the snow, but no. Because I bought a car that would be fun in the snow, we didn't get any snow this winter (well 3 days worth). Surprisingly it's cheaper to insure than a Ford Focus (I'm 21 btw).

med_DSC_2573.jpg

med_DSC_1416.jpg

A scooby! Good choice and :welcome:

Weird thing that it's cheaper than a focus to insure, I'll never figure out those insurance bastards. :?

You say welcome, but I have been registered for a year and half :p (Though I didn't post till last night lol) Thanks though!

Registration alone doesn't count so it's welcome to posting on the forums, out of the dark and into the light :p

lol

I've been in IRC for a long while, though I didn't talk there much either until recently. So I might as well be new!

Ive got a few......

Everday Driver is

love2.jpg

2005 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

My Project Car is

love1.jpg

1987 Volvo 760 Turbo with a heart from a 90' 740 Turbo.

I also take care of my better half's 2000 Lincoln LS V8 Sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.