What's your car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to learn it with the handbrake in driving school, but I stopped doing that really early...
You really get the right timing for it pretty quick and then you don't have much clutch slippage and a smooth start...
Since I'm on the topic of smoothness already... In a car with a manual, when you're stopping, try to release the break gently just the moment before you get to a halt (how is that spelled correctly?)... That way, you have a smooth stop and don't get you head shaken every time...It's comfy...^^

Benson said:
I had to learn it with the handbrake in driving school, but I stopped doing that really early...
You really get the right timing for it pretty quick and then you don't have much clutch slippage and a smooth start...
Since I'm on the topic of smoothness already... In a car with a manual, when you're stopping, try to release the break gently just the moment before you get to a halt (how is that spelled correctly?)... That way, you have a smooth stop and don't get you head shaken every time...It's comfy...^^

I do that all the time. The cars behind me get confused because I stop moving without the brake lights. :lol:

You shouldn't feel the car pulling while the handbrake is pulled up. It's all about the timing: ideally, you release the handbrake in the very same moment your clutch starts to grab.
I know that's ideal, I was just trying to explain it ;)

fifth step: As soon as the car moves in the suspension (fwd cars will go down in the rear suspension) slowly release the handbrake. if you don?t move forward, release clutch a little bit more and giv more revs.
That's exactly what I was trying to say. Well put.

I'm new...forgive me...

I have a pair of GMC Syclones, both auto of course... One I drive a lot, the other just eats money like no other...
I also have a somewhat indestructable '91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S, also auto

I've had quite a few manual cars as well, my 240sx being the most fun to drive... I'm actually trying to get rid of the olds to get back into another 240...

Feel free to continue on your clutch discussion.. :D

I'll play..
rs4_grill_sm.jpg

05.5 S4 w/ RS4 grill.
06 Discovery 3 SE.

madpsi said:
I'm new...forgive me...

I have a pair of GMC Syclones, both auto of course... One I drive a lot, the other just eats money like no other...
That's pretty awesome as well - they're really rare, and getting rarer by the minute. :D

BlaRo said:
madpsi said:
I'm new...forgive me...

That's pretty awesome as well - they're really rare, and getting rarer by the minute. :D

I've heard of google's existence before, but what exactly do they look like?

I drive an S8 for daily commute (and illegal racing!)=36,098 miles
Mondeo TDi on bad days=24,000miles
Continental GT when my wife doesn't want it=10,890miles
F40 has been badly abused by recent lap testing( and burn-outs)=1067miles
Murcielago LP640 only a trip to the convenience store=101miles

I've just signed the cheque for a new Jag XKR. Any issues with that car you guys know? Just sold my F430-bad car :thumbsdown:

Got any pics of those cars? Otherwise you must understand it'll be pretty hard for many of our members to just believe you since your still a very new member of this forum.

Well "Audi_RS_Addict" is harder to say than Carsightings. :p

mautzel said:
gmc_syclone_01-1.jpg

gmc_syclone_01-2.jpg

Basically a standard GMC Sonoma in black. Oh, and with a turbo 4.3l V6 that can blast it from 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, beating out most sports cars of the time (including my beloved 300ZX... :cry: ...but only if the Z's having a bad day!).

Audi_RS_Addict said:
I drive an S8 for daily commute (and illegal racing!)=36,098 miles
Mondeo TDi on bad days=24,000miles
Continental GT when my wife doesn't want it=10,890miles
F40 has been badly abused by recent lap testing( and burn-outs)=1067miles
Murcielago LP640 only a trip to the convenience store=101miles

I've just signed the cheque for a new Jag XKR. Any issues with that car you guys know? Just sold my F430-bad car :thumbsdown:

You don't seem to be much of an addict, if you don't even have any RS audis. Obviously you can afford them.

BlaRo said:
Well "Audi_RS_Addict" is harder to say than Carsightings. :p

mautzel said:
gmc_syclone_01-1.jpg

gmc_syclone_01-2.jpg

Basically a standard GMC Sonoma in black. Oh, and with a turbo 4.3l V6 that can blast it from 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, beating out most sports cars of the time (including my beloved 300ZX... :cry: ...but only if the Z's having a bad day!).
so, its a Syclone or a Sonoma turned into one???

^ It's the high-po version of the Sonoma, with a different name.

<- Edit: This is my 3333rd post...!

Status
Not open for further replies.