What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

A vaguely lynchian vintage sideboard.
IMG_1455.jpg

- Train tickets Hamburg - Prague on September 30th
- Hotel in Prague September 30th to October 1st
- Train tickets Prague - Poprad (Slovakia) on October 1st
- Hotel in Poprad October 1st to 4th
- Rental car in Poprad October 2nd in the morning to October 3rd in the evening
- Train tickets Poprad - Prague on October 4th
- Hotelübernachtungen in Prague October 4th to 6th
- Train tickets Prague - Hamburg on October 6th

Everything for my mum and me so she can visit the military cemetery where at least the name of my grandfather (her father) is written in a memorial book. He went missing in the vicinity of Poprad just six weeks before the end of WWII and never returned. :( I've been there in 2014 before the balkan roadtrip, but she has never been there so I organized the whole trip with a couple of overnight stays in Poprad and Prague so we have a bit of time to do something else than just visiting the cemetery.

Is a steamer a non-technology purchase?

Is a steamer a non-technology purchase?
Yes I would say cooking equipment generally counts as non-technology. Unless you mean a steam engine, which is up for debate. :p

I’d very much like to then call them out for selling 750ml of distilled water under a bs name for 9€. Quick maths tells me that’s about a 4000% markup vs a random drugstore…
Damn, you can get 5 litres of distilled water from a car maintenance place for around half that. I know this because I only use distilled water in my cars.

Makia Ultima winter Parka. Was on sale. It's not quite as made for arctic climate as the North Face one it's replacing, but more the "still vaguely stylish" version of winter gear that probably would not work for a all-day subzero hike, but makes for a pleasant commute even in -15°c.
1705485984520.png