What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

15637.1.0.png

New PC speakers. I heard those at a friend and thought they are surprisingly good. If anyone owns a Bose Acoustimass system here: These are better and only cost 49,99 :p

For years I used an old Kenwood amp and 2 Canton Plus D satellites for my PC. Now I bought that Logitech set above and the Cantons now have a new purpose as rear center speakers in my home cinema system, which is now 7.1.

Also bought 30 meters of speaker cable for that purpose.

Last edited:
Supernatural The Complete Fourth Season on Blu-Ray.

Great show :)

DVD: SNL - Commercial Parodies

Awesome.

15637.1.0.png

New PC speakers. I heard those at a friend and thought they are surprisingly good. If anyone owns a Bose Acoustimass system here: These are better and only cost 49,99 :p

For years I used an old Kenwood amp and 2 Canton Plus D satellites for my PC. Now I bought that Logitech set above and the Cantons now have a new purpose as rear center speakers in my home cinema system, which is now 7.1.

Also bought 30 meters of speaker cable for that purpose.
Indeed, they are good speakers. They've served me well throughout the years. :cool:

I was in Myer and they've got those Tommy Hilfiger polo shirts that I like going out for $69, marked down from $99. I got me a purple one and a very, very, very dark blue one. I wanted black but they'd sold out of my size... the dark blue will do rightly.

Now that I've bought them I've noticed that the name of the colour of the purple one is "Purple Pride"... You don't think it's specifically made just for the gays to wear, do you? Because although I often have sex with gay men, I myself am not gay...

I don't wear polo shirts. Can't help you.

That's a pretty small market share to make a whole new color shirt for, but I agree the name is awfully odd. You can always wear it out and see who hits on you. :tease:

Might have to hit up Myer in TTP and see what they've got. My whole wardrobe really kinda needs updating. I need some decent smart/casual going out shirts instead of the usual band t-shirts I pick up at metal concerts :p

Might have to hit up Myer in TTP and see what they've got. My whole wardrobe really kinda needs updating. I need some decent smart/casual going out shirts instead of the usual band t-shirts I pick up at metal concerts :p
FYI, TTP don't sell the Hilfiger ones. I was there yesterday and the lady was like "No" and I was like "Oh, FFS now I have to go into town tomorrow." which is where I was today. Got mine in the Myer Center. The main reason I like Hilfiger is because they come in big, fat-man sizes unlike most of the other snooty designer brands. I know you aren't a big fat man like I am, I'm just saying.

But yeah, nah, I'm the same way with the clothes in my wardrobe. I realised last year that almost all of my shirts are of the 'T' variety and I'm slowly getting rid of them and replacing them with stuff that's just a little nicer and more age appropriate. I like polos because you can wear them really casual but they're kind of a bit dressy too, like if I'm going out to a semi-nice restaurant or a party at a friends house or a strip club.

EDIT: Plus, wearing a peach polo with a popped collar, everyone knows your a douchebag. :cool:

Last edited:
Damnit...this SNL commercial aprody DVD is pissing me off. It's missing many of my faves. Amazin' Laser is missing, in addition to Bathroom Monkey...damnit.

I bought my first ever hair straightener.
untitled-1.jpg

I already have dead straight hair, but a friend of mine was able to curl it for me using a similar straightener. Sadly I have NO idea how to do that yet. And I keep burning myself by touching the hair straight after I release it.

I bought a USB-trinket that transfers VHS to my computah from Hong kong, hopefully it'll arrive within a few months.

Still haven't got my remote, which I ordered in November 30th... <_<