What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

A Andersen storm door from the Home Depot. Don't know why I waited for so long, especially since the door faces North. The top glass pulls down to reveal a screen, which will be nice in Spring And Summer since the porch as mentioned faces north so the sun never really shines there. Also on weekends I can have the main door open and let in light too. For $348 installed, it was a bargain.

Poor dog ran into it the first time, though. :lol: She is a Cocker Spaniel, so....

Attachments

• cd8f294b-a1c4-40bf-a6b7-efe8c158b696_1000.jpg
    cd8f294b-a1c4-40bf-a6b7-efe8c158b696_1000.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I have mechanical aptitude, I know that. But if I have the money, I will GLADLY pay a professional the $90 to install it. I don't take risks, and installing a storm door in late January and having never done it before, is a risk.

A Andersen storm door from the Home Depot. Don't know why I waited for so long, especially since the door faces North. The top glass pulls down to reveal a screen, which will be nice in Spring And Summer since the porch as mentioned faces north so the sun never really shines there. Also on weekends I can have the main door open and let in light too. For $348 installed, it was a bargain.

Poor dog ran into it the first time, though. :lol: She is a Cocker Spaniel, so....

Nice, I have the exact same one but with nickel hardware. Great little storm door, my cats will sit and look through it for hours on end.

Interesting. I don't ever consider having someone do something like that. Maybe I'm just cheap.

Funny to hear about the dog, animals don't expect change it seems.

Me neither. ...Except during this weather. Someone else would do it, or it'd sit in the basement till spring. :lol:

You just have to dress warm and get out there and do it, you get use to it after awhile.

...until your hands freeze up, and get so stiff you can no longer close them. :)

Then you can't hold the screws.

I grew up in Wisconsin. There's no practice for twenty-below. :lol:

I'm beginning to think Craig is a workaholic at the risk of his own health. :wheelchair:

Mountek phone holder. Pretty cool since it mounts via the CD slot.

View attachment 11724

Just thought I would throw an update out there after using this for a few days. I like it very much. The faceplate of the stereo in my Prelude prevents the mount from going into the cd slot all the way but even then, the mount is very stable. No excess bouncing even on the pothole filled roads of michigan.

While yes, it does block the stereo, there's more than enough room to operate the volume knob. I don't use the rest of the stereo so the volume is all I need (iPod always playing music.).

All in all, I highly recommend the mount. Works very well.

61dzG8URDJL._SX385_.jpg

81us8lXBNhL._SL1500_.jpg

ac4ee48cc06d41687ae975c4f3fbe53c_5.jpg

Last edited:
The complete series of Roseanne for $29.99 on Amazon. 19 effing discs in one box.

Both me and the missus are big fans of the show, probably one of the best written in decades.

Last edited: