What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

And just because it's spicy, doesn't mean it isn't flavourful. It's a delicate balance between torch and taste and every person's is different. Mine at the moment is about 5 drops of ultra death in a d?ner kebab from the local place. Yum, yum!

And just because it's spicy, doesn't mean it isn't flavourful. It's a delicate balance between torch and taste and every person's is different. Mine at the moment is about 5 drops of ultra death in a d?ner kebab from the local place. Yum, yum!

And on the other other flipside, just because someone likes spicy food, doesn't mean they can't enjoy or taste non-spicy foods. Sometimes I go all out spicy with stuff like the ghost pepper sauce, but then sometimes I order the mildest thing on the menu, because I'm not in the mood for something spicy that evening.

Exactly. Just about the only spicy food I get, apart from the odd pepper sauce steak, is from the local doner kebab place and I haven't been there in weeks. Doesn't mean everything else I've eaten in the mean time has had the flavour qualities of wallpaper paste.

I put ground cayenne pepper on everything. I use it instead of salt and quite enjoy the flavor.

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy spicy food? I've never developed the stockholm syndrome of enjoying the roof of my mouth burning off.

Nope. Beyond mild stuff spicy things make me physically ill most times. It's really annoying.

Am I the only one that doesn't enjoy spicy food? I've never developed the stockholm syndrome of enjoying the roof of my mouth burning off.

spicy food needs to balanced, stuff that's just hot isn't that great

and yes mrs renfro's is amazing - USAfoods stocks it here

A soldering iron. I am putting a guitar back together with new electronics. I got the last parts in the mail, sat down to put it all back together, and went, "huh...I forgot about that."

75% together, just need an answer on the pickup wires before I can finish that part...while waiting for my Dremmel to finish charging, so I can route the cavity a little larger to accommodate the larger CTS pots. It had the tiniest pots I've ever seen, even smaller than the mini pots Carvin uses...

On a sidenote: "Spicy" is only used as "hot" these days - is that so?

There is food IMO that works a lot better when it?s a bit spicy-hot. Take Chilli con Carne or a lot of Chicken Dishes (satey, curries). Those don?t work at all when there is no spicy-hotness involved. The hard point is always getting it "just right". If the hotness compliments the taste - all is well. If it overshadows the taste - failure.

Last edited:
I dunno, butter chicken curry is usually pretty mild but also very delicious.

Started collecting 1:43 models. RIP money.

FmuCAdZ.jpg

Same here. Chicken Tikka Masala is usually spicier, and that's nothing, too.

Wow, you have Chicki-Tikki-Masala there as well!

The QI episode repeat was on yesterday, which detailed the history of the dish.

Invented in Glasgow by accident in the 1970's (?), an entirely made up dish which was never made on the Indian subcontinent.

It is now both the most popular Indian dish and all restaurants dish in the UK.

.. and is delicious, one of my favourites!

:smile:

Two new boots and a retrack for the Blue Waffle. Should make it easier to sell.

I like black tools. :p

Leatherman New Wave in black oxide. After years of thinking about it I finally caved and bought a better multitool to replace a SOG received as a gift (sorry dad) that was just too cumbersome to use. I wanted something smaller and with knife blades I could access without opening the pliers (and lifting the guard on the stupid SOG...oh and don't forget to close it again before closing the pliers before you can actually use the knife) and this ticked those boxes. And unlike most multitools I can actually see myself using all the tools on a regular basis. This should serve me well for years to come.

I'm thinking about getting this mount:

http://www.amazon.de/iOttie-Univers...d=1391348854&sr=8-1&keywords=iottie+easy+view

So far with my smartphones I've always used the official car mount, but since I bought a bumper for my latest one, the official won't fit and a universal solution had to be found. This one looks to be the most stylish, sturdy and quite cheap too, from the ones I've looked at. I cast my mind on the Clingo one too, but every video review has shown its quite long arm to be extremely bouncy.
It has arrived and it is good. It ticks all the boxes. Very stylish, the one-touch trigger mechanism is easy to get used to and due to its small form factor, there's no wobble. I was afraid the clip would press on the volume button, but it clears it nicely and the build quality, even though it's quite cheap, seems sturdy. There's no rattling during driving and it doesn't creak when under tension. The only thing I'm not sure about is the sticky suction pad as I always mount these on my windscreen, so it doesn't really come into play.

All in all, highly recommended.

Considering I've always gone for the OEM offering, which is usually at least 2x the price, it's cheap! :p

Two new boots and a retrack for the Blue Waffle. Should make it easier to sell.

Not something to google, FYI...
:sick: