What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Is this the TRD Off Road grille you wanted?

The TRD Pro grille, yep.

400.jpg

401.jpg

I'll get a shot of it on the truck tomorrow and update my PYC thread.

Were you bitten by a dad? Your purchases lately seem to reflect that you?re building a deck.

Well, they say to only buy tools when you need them...

... so i found a need when i saw the nailer was on sale for $99 (from $129). :lol:

I was able to reaffix some trim on a section of fence i built a few years ago. But what i really wanted it for is so that when I'm building something, i can add a nail or two to a glued joint and move on, rather than having to clamp it and waiting for the glue to dry.

Cq4gxTj.png

$80? For a $400 helmet? Why not?

My head is fucing huge, my XL Zamp is pretty tight. XXL G-Force Carbon Fiber helmet for $85.

Schroth Quickfit Pro 4-point harness
focus-interior_3-800.jpg

4-point that uses factory mount locations, and supports HANS. Borrowing a friend's HANS for 2018 since his car is probably down for the season.

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH! I had no idea it would come with a trial pack. Heats faster Than the $3,000 Miele machine work has, and the frother works.

e7500a56614e30ef324055600688d98d.jpg

c857d3fa96196077c039f87d21a49390.jpg

Yup, worth using some hotel points on.

Insa_Turbo_Special_Track.png

New Insa Turbo Special Tracks for the bobtail, 285/75R16 (33"). Same as the ones it had on when I bought it but without the cracks, cuts and missing chunks. They're remoulds but are considered to be some of the best as they only use premium car tyre carcasses.

A pair of these:
23755715_10157540528407524_2994834608261840974_n.jpg

Despite all my calculations pointing to me being a size 6, I'm apparently a 4.5. Meaning I can buy junior skates, which are cheaper than adult. However, it also means that the store had none in stock, so I've placed an order. <3 blue.
Also picked up a pair of hockey gloves.

Two pairs of winter shoes (because my old ones are from 2001 or so, and two pairs because it's rare enough that I find one model of shoe I like, so finding two I'm not going to pass).

A pair of these:
23755715_10157540528407524_2994834608261840974_n.jpg

Despite all my calculations pointing to me being a size 6, I'm apparently a 4.5. Meaning I can buy junior skates, which are cheaper than adult. However, it also means that the store had none in stock, so I've placed an order.

The sisu is strong in this one....

What? Why?

My Black Friday weekend purchases so far:

A electric toothbrush made just for people like me:

4i4ID9s.jpg

:p Backstory: My grandma from Florida, upon hearing my earlier tooth plight sent me a "Brushpoint oral care system" that was pretty cheap and loud. It also didn't seem to have a particularly strong motor.

I also bought a pair of slim fit taper jeans from Old Navy. I have a gray pair of the regular slim fit jeans and love them. The tapered jeans will allow me to try pinrolling.

What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

I'm NOT googling that :no:

:lol:

It?s just rolling the bottom of your pants up.

Searched on a work phone! :D

Last edited:
Winter jacket

Winter jacket

My one-and-only Black Friday purchase this year.

8AXDmc7.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd been looking for a casual winter jacket. It had to be:
Water-resistant
Hooded
Fairly well insulated
Zippered, not buttoned

Checked a bunch of places... Walmart, Penneys, even L.L. Bean... I could get close, but each one had some feature I didn't like.
Then I saw Tractor Supply's Black Friday ad. (Tractor Supply is a farm/outdoor store like Rural King.)

Blue Mountain is one of their 'house' brands. The ones on sale were 'cotton duck', a rather stiff fabric favored by farmers and construction workers. It stands up to abuse and is easily cleaned. The regular price was a fairly-reasonable $49.95, but the Black Friday price was $29.95. Since I didn't HAVE to have it, I waited until after dinner to head to the store, rightly thinking that most of the crowds would be gone. I was really surprised to find that they had three XLs left! These seem to be well-made and are very comfortable...

Edit: Not mentioned in the ad, but a nice surprise: in addition to the 'hand' pockets on the front, it has TWO secure media pockets and a pen pocket inside.:)

SL

Last edited:
So, calling it that, does it signal anything to other singles? :D