What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
I've long made peace with me being a heritage hipster, I don't even see the term "hipster" as an insult any more. It's outdated since hipsterism very much was a early 2010s phenomenon, but it's not per so insulting.

Reactions: MWF

Tram13

Oh, OK then. I figured out the term was still somewhat pejoratively used when describing people that are interested in vintage fashion, but only ironically and/or superficially.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
I've long made peace with me being a heritage hipster, I don't even see the term "hipster" as an insult any more. It's outdated since hipsterism very much was a early 2010s phenomenon, but it's not per so insulting.
Are you saying you were a hipster before it was cool? ;)

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I do however maintain the only reason you did a Ph.D is to avoid spending the rest of your life sounding like one of these...

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
Walked 12 kilometers in the new shoes to fetch bottled cocktails from a bar. Now my feet hurt but I can already feel these shoes being super comfortable once broken in.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pid
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3, 90 Discovery 1, 05 Smart Roadster
It's 2020 so it was time to buy my first new vinyl record. I was introduced to Look Mum No Computer last week and I've really enjoyed his stuff, the crafty git has instrumentals exclusive to the EP and since it's all about the synths I wanted to hear them. Currently playing the instrumental version of Damage Is Done as I write this. Image from his site:

Linky

It's a new experience playing a vinyl record and not having a single crackle or pop, everything else I have played has been at least 20 years old. Previously the newest I owned was the Cardigans and Faithless version of My Favourite Game from Gran Turismo 2.

Could really see myself getting into synthesisers with all of the modules he sells but I'm already out of space and don't need yet another expensive hobby to go with the ten or whatever it is that I already have.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
It's 2020 so it was time to buy my first new vinyl record. I was introduced to Look Mum No Computer last week and I've really enjoyed his stuff, the crafty git has instrumentals exclusive to the EP and since it's all about the synths I wanted to hear them.
As promised, here's my latest vinyl haul, consisting of the discography of Swedish retro-prog sensation Hällas:

And since they came in the same box, here's @_Jules_ newest additions, which are special since it's not athmospheric black metal for once:

Katatonia's new album, which a critic described as "feeling like the album Tool might have made if they’d remembered what actual human emotions were."

And an alltime fave, Loreena McKennitt's mid-nineties celtic rock meets world music hit "The Mask and Mirror".

What's still on backorder, sadly, is Myrkur's brilliant move from Black Metal to (Neo)folk "Folkesang".

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
As promised, here's my latest vinyl haul, consisting of the discography of Swedish retro-prog sensation Hällas:

And since they came in the same box, here's @_Jules_ newest additions, which are special since it's not athmospheric black metal for once:

Katatonia's new album, which a critic described as "feeling like the album Tool might have made if they’d remembered what actual human emotions were."

And an alltime fave, Loreena McKennitt's mid-nineties celtic rock meets world music hit "The Mask and Mirror".

What's still on backorder, sadly, is Myrkur's brilliant move from Black Metal to (Neo)folk "Folkesang".
were these ordered online or through a local shop?