What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
How do you like it, @LP ? I've been looking for something like that for a little more aggressive cleaning of the cars at home.

I have yet to open it since it started raining the day after I got it 😭

But as soon as I get a chance to open and work with it, I'll let you know. Taking it straight to the hubs of my car to get the brake dust out

NecroJoe

Stool Chef
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
After a weekend struggling trying to make some hexagon-shaped wood frames, after 5 years of fighting with my Kreg miter gauge, I ordered the Incra I should have bought in the first place, thinking I was saving money.

The issues with the Kreg:
1. The Kreg uses these tiny plastic set screws to take up the slack in the miter slot, which are so tight in the bar that they strip easily, and are so soft they squish easily if you push too hard against the fence.
2. The stop block with a clear window and a line doesn't represent any part of the actual stop, so there's no sense in using the ruler with this stop block.
3. There are pre-set angles, with a peg that is supposed to fit into holes for frequently-used angles. The trouble is that the pin is SUCH a tight fit that I ended up basically mangling the head of the peg trying to pull it out, and bending the t-slot bar in the process.
4. If you want to use an angle other than the handful of presets, there's no way to lock it, and the handle doesn't screw tight enough to secure the position.

This Incra gauge fixes all of those issues, while also giving more angle presets, can tilt further for wider angles, with a more secure stop block, and also an extension wing to support longer stock.

1606786915976.png

Hok

Car(s)
VW Passat GT V6 -09
That brings back memories. I had one as a kid in the mid 1970's. But mine looked a bit different, being of the first generation. Not my pic but mine looked the same.

Snowracer.jpg

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
That brings back memories. I had one as a kid in the mid 1970's. But mine looked a bit different, being of the first generation. Not my pic but mine looked the same.

View attachment 3559751
I had one of those in the early 90s (also not my pic).

J7aoAeG.jpg