What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

This:

logitech-driving-force-gt-ps3-wheel-box.jpg

*Not my picture* :p

Finally got a "I am the Stig" t shirt which I've been looking for in Borders for the past 13 months after I originally saw it there but then disappeared and thought they got rid of them.. They were in fact just relocated to the travel book section...

acer-aspire-7738g-744g32mn-1%5B1%5D.jpg

Acer Aspire 7738.

2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, Blu Ray, 1GB DDR3 graphics etc. Replaces my current desktop system of 2.4GHz Athlon 64 (Socket 939 old skool yo!), 1GB RAM, 512mb graphics etc. Its about 4 years old now (home built), and aging surprisingly well. But my dad's computer is so close to dead, and mine just isn't performing well enough for me. So I'll give this one to him, and love my new one forever (and also have dual monitors :))

RiffTrax, Parade of Aquatic Champions. I think this is the last short left that was also a part of their christmas Live show. Not as funny as some of the others, but now I've "collect[ed] them all!"

(click here to go to the product page, and click the "watch sample" button.)
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/parade-aquatic-champions

Nail clippers. I ruined my other two pairs trying to cut a small spring.

Books for Spring classes. :(

A shared lane at the local range. :D

Now, time to see whether I can break apart the Remington to clean it properly this time.

I got these:
http://img191.imageshack.**/img191/4808/cdjs.jpg http://img191.imageshack.**/img191/cdjs.jpg/1/w1024.png

Pioneer CDJ-800MK2. Professional table-top CD players.
They also came with ATA shipping cases, so I can transport them easily.
Gonna have me lots of fun with those. :cool:

Clarkson - Thriller.
Clarkson - Shoot Out.
Lego Star Wars - The Complete Saga (on X360).

Chyeah (Y).

I think it's secret ink

a special ink that only reacts to uv ray or something....

edit : wiki link

Acer Aspire 7738.

2.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, Blu Ray, 1GB DDR3 graphics etc. Replaces my current desktop system of 2.4GHz Athlon 64 (Socket 939 old skool yo!), 1GB RAM, 512mb graphics etc. Its about 4 years old now (home built), and aging surprisingly well. But my dad's computer is so close to dead, and mine just isn't performing well enough for me. So I'll give this one to him, and love my new one forever (and also have dual monitors :))

Commiserations.

^ :p :lol: What would you have advised me to get then? As I was saying to a friend, I bet it would not take long for me to find people who would say bad things about ANY make of computer.

Dell -something-.

My gf has an Acer laptop and the keys have started to pop out just after ~1 year. Also, their support is crap and you don't get a recovery/OS install disc in the box, which is madness.

I've read lots about poor build quality aswell but I haven't experienced that yet.

Last edited:
Well if the keys fall out I'll have to glue them back in. And the laptop comes with Vista, but I have 7 Pro (with a disc) which I'll install on it, so no worries there. And Dell didn't quite do what I wanted for the right price.

My experience with Acer hasn't been good. Several years ago, I specced one for mother. After two years, it developed some flex in the chassis, causing the motherboard to flex as well. This resulted in a plethora of different failures, sometimes the screen would corrupt, the HDD would lose power, or in one case the memory popped out.

This was back in 2004, maybe they're better now. I still wouldn't suggest one.