What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

$6.70 for half a pound of premium angus roast beef. It wasn't even that good, either. <_<

got it yesterday and its a going to be a great weekend!

Attachments

• SC1.jpg
    SC1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 45
I'm collecting this later and will then make my first ever attempt at home-made ravioli for dinner tonight! Wish me luck!

110-8424437A72UC594106M.jpg

Those are great, if it's a good one. Just make sure to knead the dough by hand, so it won't be too soft and stretchy. Harder dough is less likely to rip or get stuck in the machine.

Good luck! Good thing is you can actually taste a difference.

One .5 liter beer mug from Austria. :)

etymotic_er20new_l.jpg

My current ones are getting a bit too old.

Those are great, if it's a good one. Just make sure to knead the dough by hand, so it won't be too soft and stretchy. Harder dough is less likely to rip or get stuck in the machine.

Good luck! Good thing is you can actually taste a difference.

Also, get a decent recipe for the dough. Most recipes that come with those machines are not really good, like tell you to use the whole egg instead of just the yolk.

Thanks guys. Well the recipe used the whole egg but since it was one of Jamie Oliver's I was fairly confident. The pasta itself was great - I made ravioli with my patented tomato sauce and it was delicious. The only downside was that having made a batch for the kids I split the remaining dough into two for ease and had just started running the second lot through the machine when the mechanism that adjusts the distance between the rollers failed. I had to roll the second lot by hand and simply couldn't get it properly thin so half of ours was like paving slabs. Swapped the machine yesterday but if the replacement breaks I'm going to demand a refund. It is a fairly cheap one at ?20 but I'd expect it to last longer than one use.

Oh, and the melon salad with toasted seeds and mint was to die for. PM me if you want the recipe for either that or the tomato sauce.,

I believe it is a stack of adapters that allows a 45rpm record to play on a 33 1/2 rpm turntable.

Or more likely so that second hand 45s that started life in juke boxes could have the normal centre hole restored to allow them to be played on a regular turntable.

Motobecane Mirage Sport
44106a812452028.jpg

DMR Single Speed Converter Kit
2300.jpg

aand a Wipperman chain
11284.jpg

started converting it to a singlespeed
I am forseeing great expenses on bikeparts in my near future :)

Last edited:
I'll let you off the hook for buying Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, (the whole album is about every one of them loathing each other) but Mickey Mouse disco? Seriously? Even my then five year old brain thought it was awful.

I bought the Mickey Mouse one just to have. I seriously doubt I'll ever play it. It's too ridiculous.

I was amazed to find that Steve Miller album though, I'd been looking for it for ages.

FRITOS_BBQ_Flavored_Corn_Chips.gif

I am not a fat man. In fact, I am totally underweight... but I can eat 10 bags of these standing with out a problem. They will be the death of me.