What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

Hmm...do you have anything bigger? :lol:

See what eficiency can do? What once was full, is now...1/6th empty. :p

That one shelf is fixed, isn't it? Is that why you've got that large head-space above the shelf with the CB sets?

There is a 7 foot tall bookcase as well which is also full of DVDs and books, but's that kinda obscured by my PC desk. :p

Also no that shelf isn't fixed into place, it's just the screw holes are arranged in such a way that I could only configure that shelf that way. Kinda annoying, but no big deal.

Last edited:
I know what you are talking about. I've got a 4ft wide 4ft tall DVD shelf, and stacked on top of it is a 20" wide, 4 ft tall shelf, and I've got them screwed together and attached to the wall that I use for DVD's, BluRays and games. Then I've got about 1,500 CDs that I've given up on keeping on shelves. They are in two rubbermaid under-bed storage boxes...but they are so full that the lids don't close. I busted the hinges so I can lay the lid on the top, to at least keep dust from falling straight on them...then I have a couple 5ftx6"x8" boxes full as well, in between the rubbermaid under-bed storage bins.

Then there's the records in the closet...and the 6ft tall 4ft wide bookshelf for books and my girlfriend's Interior Design magazines.

A while ago I finally digitized ALL of my CDs (well...I couldn't get one to work, and I can't find it for download!!) and I'm slowly munching through all of my guitar magazines and scanning the sheet music so I ca get rid of the magazines themselves to a coworker.

gasoltub-p-11.jpg

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the bookcase with the shelves too close together to stack things properly.

More efficient use of space to make fewer shelves and have those cases vertically, after all. Count the games you have vertically stacked on the 4th shelf down and it comes to 54 on that shelf with space left on top to grab individual ones out. Compared to the lower shelves you have things horizontally in, it looks like you could get them 7 tall, with room for 4 stacks so 28 per shelf and it's difficult to remove an individual one.

</efficiency nerd> :whistle:

What you could do,too, is to double-up the shelves, that way you won't have to find a place to store the other shelves in case you'd want to use 'em someday again.

edit: Wait...do you have 2 copies of "Speed"? (2nd from top shelf, bottom of the 3rd stack from the left and bottom/right corner of the 3rd-from-bottom visible shelf...the shelf with Blade and Independence Day?)

^ you really need to get out more :p

They really need to find a life away from the internets.

Lightning Count, is it just your camera or does that bookcase already look like the shelves are giving in? The shelves look totally warped in the middle.

Best idea my husband and I ever had: take the DVDs out of their cases and store them in sleeves inside 3-ring binders. Our 2000+ DVD collection now fits neatly under our entertainment center.

We kept the boxes in storage for a couple of years and after never having opened them again decided not to move them to the new house and tossed them out.

You could condense that whole collection down to a couple of 1" binders. And then put actual books on your bookshelves!

^ I second this. I have done that with my video games and it is sooo much easier.

But always keep your video game boxes and game manuals! You get more in trade that way.

lol you get like 5$ for an expensive game even in perfect condition with all it's stuff..
I put them down the basement so they don't clog up my tiny room.

2 x 20L jerry cans, wiper blades, tyre iron, and paid my farrier.

not exciting, but useful.

2 x 20L jerry cans, wiper blades, tyre iron, and paid my farrier.

not exciting, but useful.

That sound suspiciously like you're going to konk someone over the head and light the body on fire out in the back woods and ride off on your nicely shod get-a-way horse or something....

That's right, gawd dammit! If ah see any gawd damn antlahs, ah'm startin' a-cuttin' an' a-stabbin'!

That sound suspiciously like you're going to konk someone over the head and light the body on fire out in the back woods and ride off on your nicely shod get-a-way horse or something....

:lol: Tempting. Very tempting.

:ninja:

but no.

maybe.