What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

In other words, you guys don't use it for yourselves but are allowed to put it in the crap you export to us. Right? :p

I think a lot of EU people are proud of the fact that HFCS is not commonly used in Europe, so they present it as "it's banned over here because we're just so health conscious." Fact is they use so much of the stuff as sweetener over here because of political reasons, not health.

Pretty much yes. We protect our own market since we don't produce corn, but we do produce sugar beet.

Last edited:
Just checked, locally produced Pepsi has HFCS&sugar while Coke has only sugar.

Cross posted from Lens Flair, but bought a zippo.

Last edited:
a haircut

A propane grill (Yes, I know it's just a gas stove that got lost on it's way to the kitchen :rolleyes:) and the greatest set of grill tools known to man.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sp/spudmunkey/2011/05/22/DSC00891_001.JPG
https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sp/spudmunkey/2011/05/22/DSC00895_001.JPG

And to answer your next question, yes. They do have plastic screwdriver handles.

craftsman.jpg

And to answer your next question, no. I did not form those burgers. If I had, I would have known not to make them 1/3 the size of the buns, and to indent the middle so they didn't turn into little beefy doughnut holes. Also, I would have known to let the grill preheat longer to really get some good grill marks.

Last edited:
Everyplace we went (many many places) I did my best Hank Hill when asking for a "grill: propane, and propane accessories."

This saturday as I was fortunately visiting nicjasno, my hometown was hit with massive hail and if I had been home, my car would now quite possibly be not as pretty as it is. <_<

So I've just ordered an anti-hail cover. It's 4mm thick and made from a spongy material to absorb the hail.

pokrivalo-proti-toci.jpg

This saturday as I was fortunately visiting nicjasno, my hometown was hit with massive hail and if I had been home, my car would now quite possibly be not as pretty as it is. <_<

So I've just ordered an anti-hail cover. It's 4mm thick and made from a spongy material to absorb the hail.

pokrivalo-proti-toci.jpg

This will rot in your trunk while your car gets hit by hail. Same with these winter covers.......naaaaaah I don't put it on today too lazy......FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- 2m of snow on car.

This will rot in your trunk while your car gets hit by hail. Same with these winter covers.......naaaaaah I don't put it on today too lazy......FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- 2m of snow on car.

I've used putting on my windshield cover as a measure against ice very effectively. Every time I put it on, there is no ice - on any car. Every time I leave it off, there is ice everywhere.

pokrivalo-proti-toci.jpg

All hail the mighty A4.

It's a generic cover! I'm not paying 2x as much for a special cut with 4 rings on it. :p