What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

This has a certain irony to it I think... :D

MORRISS.jpg

Congrats! Enjoy your PussyBike!

:p

Heh, if there's one vehicle my bike resembles from that movie it's this. :p

347.jpg

This has a certain irony to it I think... :D

MORRISS.jpg

Nice, my shirts have a certain iron on them sometimes. I've never gotten irony out of them though. Think I need to iron more? :?

Well, I gave in and got a kindle while I was in the states last week. My library's going to be bits and bytes from now on. And I got a bitchin cover to go with (...I don't have weird taste.... *strokes wooden laptop*). Also some book from some obscure author you've probably never heard of* with colourful pictures (only kind of book that I'll keep getting in tree pulp format)

*and by that I mean everyone's heard of him

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2011/06/01/IMG_4158.jpg

Photoon2011-06-01at17573.jpg

The top two books in my reading/to-read stack. I'm currently on page 62 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. \o/

If you got the ultimate guide, why not get the leather bound copy? :(

Speaking of which, I should also order that from Amazon.

This copy was only $20. I like cheap things.

I almost bought the leather bound copy recently, but I'm afraid I'd never read it and it'd just get ruined.

Don't you guys love paycheck day? :D

Just bought some:

jambajuice_bliss.jpg

Except I got their coffee with a protein boost.

Cross-posting from photography random thoughts:

Just ordered

B+W 77mm #106 Neutral Density (ND) 1.8 Filter

B+W Step-Up Ring (Lens to Filter) 72mm - 77mm

Heliopan 58-77mm Step-up Ring #145

We went to Target on what ended up being a junk food run, but we also got a new pug!

IMG_20110601_185248.jpg

EDIT: Now that I'm seeing it that big, it's not as cute as the real thing.

Last edited:
4407.jpg

well, i've bought it. just waiting on the Royal Mail to get their arses in gear and send the bloody thing.

Speaking of which.

4 Khumo 857 205/70 R14

Has anyone bought a set of those brake disc drink coasters? I want to get a set for my desk at work, but some of the "zoomed" pics make some of them look lamer than I imagine they would. In my mind, they'd look like machined stainless steel, but in reality, they look like cast white metal, or zinc with a sprayed on satin finish.

These say "Corvette" on them:
http://www.amazon.com/AUTOart-6-Piece-Coaster-Diecast-Caliper/dp/B004HAEX2K

These are open in the middle, and won't work very well as I drink ice water all day with a sweaty glass, and seem like they'd be annoyingly shiny.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ASF-1213-RD/?rtype=10

These seem OK, but the slots and "drilled" holes should be filled in with black, I think. It looks too "soft" and fake. (*laughs* I know, right? What a dumb comment, but there you have it)
http://www.racechairs.com/Brake_Disc_Coaster_p/art103.htm

And the weakest looking ones are FORTY BUCKS? WTF. They are plastic or cheap metal, probably made in China and they want $40? They are trippin(it is LP's fault).

I was expecting that, though. If they look like what they look like in my head, I'm OK with that. But not if they LOOK cheap.

Oh well. I bought the Corvette ones, and I'll just cover it with a sticker. $18.somethin' after shipping. I'm not paying another $20-30 to not have the corvette logo on it.

The arrived today. Not a bad deal! They actually look pretty nice, and the Corvette logo is small enough to not stick out. They are a little bit smaller than I would have liked, as the glasses we have at work are fairly wide DOF glasses, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Also, the good news is that I bought a bunch of tools:
- Craftsman Reciprocating saw (Normally $60, often on sale for $45, and it was onsale for $29.99. What a deal! Works well so far.)
- Dewalt random orbit power sander
- 72" 45lbs chisel/prybar
- 36" pry/crowbar
- 18oz Hammer
- Landscaping rake
- 2 shovels

I love buying tools.

Bad news is...now I have to use them on:
- 1 fence falling into our house, ready to come through the living room window at any time
- the concrete holding up what is left of the fence
- 600lbs of post cement
- 400lbs of gravel
- $600 of redwood lumber

So...that's my weekend. And the next one. And the next one. At least once it stops raning on the weekend...

Last edited:

New tools arrgh arrrgh arrgh.