What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

xjM3otV.jpg

The winch controller for my trailer winch went bad after 30+ years of service. A new controller is $40-$100, a local store was blowing out winches for $25, officially making it cheaper to buy a whole winch and borrow the controller. Plus, now I have a backup winch.

Not technology at all. I bought two new tools working the ground to prepare the lawn for spring renovation, the Garden Weasel Claw Pro and Mini Tiller. I have two different types of grass in the back and side lawn. The side lawn is mostly tall fescue that I did this year and the back area, which receives more sun, is the original hybrid bermuda sod. I'm attempting to promote the bermuda to spread to the bare areas with some amendments and cultivation. I will be doing the same to the compacted side areas and reseeding with more tall fescue. Soil in my area is absolute crap, so it will need a lot of work to get grass to grow.

Tickets to this:
iFyPCXH.jpg

Tickets to this:
mwCLILRm.png

Does that mean Star Wars is now officially gay?

Because it looks a bit like a Pride flag.

I should wear that to church.

0BKw9AZ.png

H1SwjaO.png

Eminence Canabis Rex; 8 ohm, 50 watts. Installed into a Fender Blues Jr. tweed.

4Zvooef.jpg

Interesting choice! You seem more of a rock-blues-style guitar player (honestly, I have no idea why I have that impression), and less country (which is where I've seen this used most). What drew you to it?

Thing is, I have 3 Telecasters and one G & L ASAT with dual humbuckers. Telecasters in general are bright and with my particular amp it is too bright; if you turn down the tone on the amp it just becomes muddy. Turn down the bass and it becomes too thin. Also, the bass on the stock speaker was...flubby? Can that be a word?

Doing some extensive research, I found that the C-REX would be perfect for my kind of guitar playing, which has evolved into something Rockabilly/Country/blues. Now with it installed, the highs are not shrill, and the bass is very tight, making the sound better overall; It's like having that light touch sound you get with a compressor. With the humbucker ASAT it sounds great too; not too bassey, very responsive. It is a great all around speaker.