What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

The fixation on one of my old Atomic skis broke, and cannot be purchased by itself, so a new pair of skis (the old one were pretty much beaten to death anyway):

Atomic Redster XT, in 163cm

My old Merrell winter boots were taking in water faster than the Titanic, so bought a pair of Merrel Polarand Rove:

And pledged 45$ to Joking Hazard by Cyanide And Happiness Kickstarter.

Last edited:
You have help fund something awesome looking.

1413962115413_fullersimperialstout500ml.jpg

At ?7.6 and 10.7% ABV one of the most interesting if not the best pints of beer I have ever poured for myself. Its aroma and flavour are as delicate as they are exquisite and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys beer.

Same store that I sent you those pics from. It's amazing, BTW. I lack the vocabulary to do it justice. It's so subtle and exquisite while not giving any hints to is high alcohol content.

I'm sure the cheaper 733 would probably have been adequate for my uses...or any of the similarly-priced cheaper units from Rigid, Porter Cable, etc. However, every positive review mentioned the phrase "for the price", and many mentioned that they didn't like heavy woods like oak, hickory, purpleheart, and walnut...woods I plan on using quite a bit.

Nice planer! But spoiler alert, there ain't a planer in the world that likes Purpleheart. That shit is hard as hell on planer blades.

Just set it up a few mins ago to make sure it powered up and ran. Sounds like there is a shitload of power behind it.

Yeah, it certainly isn't a Powermatic, or something, so it will definitely take many many passes, taking off minimal thickness each time. I've put Ebony through an old shitty planer before, and it literally took, like, 4 passes to take off 1/8" cleanly. :)

Last edited:
Most mustang owners are.

I found out how "nice" some Mustang owners were when i had my '78 Mustang II
Never head a bunch of people with near identical cars rip so much into another persons car...

These asshats all have the same car, down to the color and rims even, all of them a 60's Mustang, whining on about how their car is unique, and how the Mustang II shit on the uniqueness that is the Mustang.

In US car clubs in general they're weird really... when i had the Buick, i kept being told by Mustang and Corvette owners that i should have gotten something more unique...

like what? a 60's Mustang or a Covrette C3? yeah... never see any of those around at all... you're sooooo unique!

Not that a Buick Century is a special car either, but in Norway, every other US car is a Mustang or a Corvette...

Sometimes car enthusiasts seem like they're not that enthused about cars...

Never head a bunch of people with near identical cars rip so much into another persons car...

These asshats all have the same car, down to the color and rims even, all of them a 60's Mustang, whining on about how their car is unique, and how the Mustang II shit on the uniqueness that is the Mustang.

In US car clubs in general they're weird really... when i had the Buick, i kept being told by Mustang and Corvette owners that i should have gotten something more unique...

like what? a 60's Mustang or a Covrette C3? yeah... never see any of those around at all... you're sooooo unique!

Not that a Buick Century is a special car either, but in Norway, every other US car is a Mustang or a Corvette...

Well let's be honest, a great portion of self-proclaimed car enthusiasts' enthusiasm about cars ends at a single car make/model.

Exactly. Like luokyio's old SXR. Exactly how many of those were in Europe? I'm going to venture a guess that the number is less than your average classic muscle car. That in itself makes it more interesting.

A classic. Approved by Bluntman & Cronic.
71JhwzM9d%2BL._SL1073_.jpg

EDIT: Vinyl, of course.

Pick it, pack it,
Fire it up, Come along,
And take a hit from the bong,
Put the blunt down just for a second,
Don't get me wrong it's not a new method,
Inhale, Exhale,
Just got a ounce in the mail,

Last edited:

We bought an IKEA showroom.