What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

A memory foam mattress topper. Holy crap this is comfy. I may not get up tomorrow.

I find that I sweat my balls off when sleeping on memory foam, especially if I turn a few times.

$_3.JPG

Bought a dress for my best friend for her birthday. Accidently a size bigger than she is, so now she has the shits with me. Meh.

If she'd just be into fragrances and bath products, she'd be so much easier to shop for.

Regardless, getting a size bigger than normal is the silent way of saying "dayum, you fat."

Not that that was what misrabelle was implying.

Is she one of those stereotypical women who will keep buying size S even when they're on the large end of size M?
Not at all. Quite the opposite. I have known those type of girls though.
Regardless, getting a size bigger than normal is the silent way of saying "dayum, you fat."

Not that that was what misrabelle was implying.

Her response to me was "How big do you think I am now?", but quite tongue in cheek, as she used to be VERY underweight. 160cm/5'3" tall and 47kg/108lbs at one point - not through lack of eating or anything deliberate on her part. Her mother fed her well. I've known her since we were 6 and she has always been very thin.

A few years back after crying at work because the store managers were being completely unreasonable in what they expected of her, she was sent to a psychiatrist and diagnosed with work related anxiety and depression, and given medication.
The meds themselves, combined with her no longer being stressed and anxious all the time, meant she started to gain weight. She's now a healthy size, and actually shares clothes with her older sister, instead of having to shop in the children's department, and still needing clothes altered to fit.
But I thought her sister was still a little bigger than my friend, so I went for what I thought was a safe size. It can be taken in if necessary, so it won't be a problem.

She had told me what her new size was, but it's never been something that mattered to me.
I just happened to be browsing stores today and found a dress that I thought she'd like. I wouldn't be seen dead in it, so I should be on to a winner. (We're so different, that's how we shop for each other). Unless it's Swarovski crystal. That we both love.

An NES zapper, Turn and Burn No Fly Zone, and Castlevania IV.

An airsoft replica of an PPSh-41 for reenactment purposes.

EDIT: Outbid on the auction with 10 seconds left. Scheisse.

yTO3EGV.jpg

Grey tapestry wool.
I'd run out. This thing is going slowly. Almost completed page 2 (of 27), still a damn long way to go, and REALLY hard to do with no real frame of reference to the picture.

12321687_10155200604572524_3040115283628379315_n.jpg

lWSGTKj.jpg

Didn't end up working for what I needed. Drilled a hole the correct size per the instructions, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get the extractor to catch onto the broken bolt. I feel like the ends were too blunt and the threads not sharp enough - looking online, other brands' extractors seem to have much more aggressive threads and finer points. It also didn't help that I was on my back working straight up with very little clearance.

Just made a mess of the broken bolt. Will probably ask a shop to finish the job properly. I'm guessing it'll take a professional all of 15 minutes, whereas I already put in 2ish hours (including several trips to Home Depot to get my stupid drill working). My time is more valuable than the pride of fixing this one little fuck up on my own.

And yes, this is on the Mustang. One of the bolts in the exhaust system that I managed to unnecessarily fuck up during yesterday's operation. I'm heading into a dealer anyways tomorrow for an oil change, so I'll ask them to take a look and tell me how much of an idiot I am.

Last edited:
lWSGTKj.jpg

Didn't end up working for what I needed. Drilled a hole the correct size per the instructions, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get the extractor to catch onto the broken bolt. I feel like the ends were too blunt and the threads not sharp enough - looking online, other brands' extractors seem to have much more aggressive threads and finer points. It also didn't help that I was on my back working straight up with very little clearance.

Just made a mess of the broken bolt. Will probably ask a shop to finish the job properly. I'm guessing it'll take a professional all of 15 minutes, whereas I already put in 2ish hours (including several trips to Home Depot to get my stupid drill working). My time is more valuable than the pride of fixing this one little fuck up on my own.

And yes, this is on the Mustang. One of the bolts in the exhaust system that I managed to unnecessarily fuck up during yesterday's operation. I'm heading into a dealer anyways tomorrow for an oil change, so I'll ask them to take a look and tell me how much of an idiot I am.

:( :comfort:

Honestly, breaking off a bolt or stripping a screw is like, my worst fear working on my car.

Yeah, Venice.

It's a big meet up and I don't have the money to afford LA hotels for much longer. :(