What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

You should try the 3M kit. I have used them in the past with Good results.

You should try the 3M kit. I have used them in the past with Good results.

I haven't needed to use them since the 80s, but we used the 3M brand for sure, and I know they help up through the Wisconsin winters until we needed to take them down...but i was too young to remember exactly if there where removal issues...I just remember helping to put them up.

I had a paint peel off issue once. I chalk it up to being near the window that caused the problem. The tape was just enough to finish the job. There was also a slight discoloration when I smoked. But that showed me it was time to quit smoking. :nod:

Mastercraft Digital Caliper.

I wanted a tire thread depth gauge, but this was 70% off (12.89$ instead of 42.99$), so why not.

Was in the mail today:

81ZGro-Jz0L._SL1417_.jpg

Contains 2 full concerts and some extras. All in all five-and-a-half hours playing time.

Watching/Listening to it while typing this :)

Last edited:
Is that Tarja-Nightwish or post-Tarja-Nightwish?

(I hated both incarnations, just asking...)

Is this answer enough?

And you know that hate leads to the dark side of the Force, right? ;)

Oh and before some of the "I liked Tarja more" people speak up, check this out:

Last edited:
I remember when Tarja suddenly decided go go full Doro Pesch and dress in a slutty leather thingy instead of her goth gowns without any warning. Right in the middle of a tour, as well... must have been 2002 or something...
Ah, the bad old days.

In unrelated news, I got tickets for Guns N Roses as a birthday present and purchased Aerosmith tickets, as well...

Held off mentioning it until now since I was crapping myself it would get caught up in strike action or some mealy-mouthed public servant would find a reason to reject the form thus preventing me from making it to Sylvestermeet, but my new passport arrived today.

:mouse:

Sometimes I forget you still need a passport to go abroad :p

Sometimes I forget you still need a passport to go abroad :p

I still do too, Eye-Q looked puzzled when I mentioned it when we were going to ringmeet, but both denmark and sweden reinstated the bordercontrol, but tecnically I still need it as my passport is the only internationally approved id i have ;-)

Laser etching services to put a shift pattern onto the Jaaaaag's wooden shift knob.

Aw; this guy was local so I figured I'd try him first. He sent over a pic and it looks like it turned out well; I'm picking it up in person later today.

I'm quite happy with this.

What looks like double imaging is actually a trick of the light: the guy's laser had to cut through thick layers of the lacquer already on the knob, and the edges of those cuts leave shadows on the lacquer layer with the right angle of light.

Last edited:
My Lego backlog keeps growing, I must be at 5000 bricks needing building now...

And I will receive the Caterham has a Christmas gift.

I'm quite happy with this.

What looks like double imaging is actually a trick of the light: the guy's laser had to cut through thick layers of the lacquer already on the knob, and the edges of those cuts leave shadows on the lacquer layer with the right angle of light.

Looks very nice. If he's local, makes sense to use him.

LCG has a particularly handsome knob.