What's your latest [non-technology] purchase?

That's one sexy chair, I'll be an asshole if that's what it takes to sit in the evil genius/mob boss/Sir Alan Lord Sugar chair. I'm just a peasant with an Ikea Markus, which itself is a big improvement over the 'gaming' chair I had before.

I'm stunned by my accuracy, I've never watched the show. Yeah it doesn't look massively comfortable. Smaller than I expected it to be too.

A vaccination certificate and a microchip for my cat, of course both including the accompanying vaccinations and implementation.

After screwing up the front disc brake on my bike, I had to give it a full service. First time for me and I’m glad I went for this suggestion when I was ordering the things I needed.

I have no idea what that thing is (I can tell it's the shape of a brake pad but that's it), but I approve of buying the correct tool for the job. I just had some Shadow Foam delivered this morning for organising my tools, will post that in the hand tools thread.

I have no idea what that thing is (I can tell it's the shape of a brake pad but that's it), but I approve of buying the correct tool for the job. I just had some Shadow Foam delivered this morning for organising my tools, will post that in the hand tools thread.

The silver bit is a U-shaped piece of 0.2mm thin sheet metal. You open the tool, slide the U over the brake disc and then the caliper over the U. Then you can screw the caliper in place, remove the tool and your brake pads won’t grind against the disc.

After screwing up the front disc brake on my bike, I had to give it a full service. First time for me and I’m glad I went for this suggestion when I was ordering the things I needed.
I have a similar tool and given it as gifts to people I know could use it multiple times because it’s really a huge time (and nerves) saver and costs next to nothing!

Edit: there’s a video where James may use a credit card… but I think for rim brakes? For a disc brake that would never work.

it’s really a huge time (and nerves) saver

Absolutely. Realigning the calipers would probably have been a very annoying part of this job and I hadn’t even thought about it until the website showed this thing in the “people also bought” section. This may well have been the first time I’ve ever found one of those recommendations useful.

Oh, and the brakes now work great and no longer scream like a pair of banshees. If this lasts, I’ll be very happy.

A set of 195/60-R15 tires. Wow these things have squishy thin sidewalls. These must be the tallest and also narrowest tires I've bought in years.

Factory size for a 900 convertible, as it happens.

[O]ne of the reasons I am still running my old man-purse that's falling apart to the ground is that I currently don't have the budget for this:

Not joking, literally any leather bag I am interested in is way south of 1000€. And then it's only a small step to Hermes.

Actually I fell for a dark red Filson bag that retails at around 1200€, but sadly that seems to have been discontinued.
Bag story ends with a British Racing Green Croots Malton satchel, handmade in England.
mb02_green_1700px-a_rt.png

Available locally at Pinkomo.

Last edited:
I'm not into guitars but I can certainly appreciate the gorgeous finish on those and the workmanship that has gone into them.

Apparently Easter Jeep Safari is still using CB radios and not GMRS, so I had to get this (I didn't want to mount a CB in the Jeep).

I'm puting it here because technology from the 70s doesn't count.
PXL_20230326_014907892.jpg