What's your mobile phone history?

Might as well share what my phones where since everyone else is doing it :lol:

1. LG G5300i

Second hand from my brother, never really used it that much, and it was very cheesy in everything it did. Never used it much despite having it for a couple of years.
04.jpg

2. Sony Ericsson K700

Another second hand one from my brother, first Sony Ericsson and rock solid, nothing went wrong with it and it is still about the house somewhere.

sony%20ericsson%20k700i.jpg

3. Sony Ericsson K750

yet another second hand phone from my brother, much better camera that the 700, and just as easy to use, however, within a couple of months of having it, the screen died so I had to go back to using the K700 for a while.

sony0802.jpg

4. Sony Ericsson K800i

Had this phone for about a year and it was absolutely brilliant it was also my first brand new phone, I think I said when I got it, I would probably keep on going with Sony Ericsson for my phones until I don't need one anymore, but I was wrong. Utterly stupendous phone. Still being used by my sister.

sony-ericsson-k800i.jpg

5. iPhone 3G 8gb

Even though I said I wasn't going to get another brand of phone after buying the K800i, I was always tempted by the iPhone, but there was only one thing stopping me from buying one, which was that it wasn't available on Pay as you Go, just because I don't use my phone enough to warrant getting it on a contract, but then O2 announced they were going to do a Pay&Go version and that was it. Sure it was ?350, but I've definetely made up for it by downloading well over 1gb worth of stuff over the O2 network with the free web bolt on. In hindsight, maybe I should have left the iPhone, but it's great none the less, but I should have payed ?50 more and got the 16gb version. I'm going to use this until it dies.

apple-iphone-3g.jpg

6? Don't know what I'll get for my next phone when the iPhone dies. I think it will be a choice between another iPhone, going back to Sony Ericsson or finally being tempted into getting a Bang & Olufsen Serenata, albeit second hand.

Mine
1) Nokia 5110
2) Nokia 8250
3) Nokia 6103

Work
Also had a 5110 forever
currently a 6230i and a 6120 (yes, work has to be twice as sure to get hold of me for some dumb reason....)

Started with a Benefon Io:

83_90.jpg

Replaced after a few years with the Nokia 3210. One of my favourite phones of all:

Nokia_3210.jpg

That got stolen, so I got this slick thing. Was really pretty and stylish, but the battery life was poor and i missed the Nokia's responsive menus. The Ericsson r320. Mine was the blue:

r320.jpg

It was also quite fragile, and after about a year it just stopped working so i went back to the light side and bought the Nokia 3310. THE sturdiest phone i've ever had. Once dropped it from 10 meters onto a paved road, just had to collect the parts and put it back together again:

nokia_3310.jpg

After it had used up its usefulness, i got the phone i liked the least of all, Siemens CX65:

sicx65_00.jpg

Was quite releaved when i could get this, my current one. Nokia 6280:

landscape_6280.jpg

Probably time for another replacement now. I'm sticking with Nokia, probably. Any suggestions? :)
Completely forgot...

Had an LG Viewty afterwards, which sucked for a touch phone...

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2009/07/04/LG-Viewty-KU990-top.jpg

but not as much as its replacement, god I hated that thing...

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2009/07/04/samsung-f400-mobile.jpg

The wheel kept moving too much, so you'd end up calling the next person rather than the one you wanted in the phone book, even if you used its up down left right functionality the wheel still rotated just to annoy you, the extra row of keys above 123 made it really annoying to write messages... Luckily it wasn't on a plan, so I could trade it in.

And now I have this one:

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2009/07/04/htc-diamond-pda-phone.jpg

I love it to bits, especially since Android is only a few months away from being fully functional on it and regardless of that development, the next one will be an HTC-Android also, probably the Hero or its replacement.

My first phone: Ericsson GA628
http://www.cellink.com.au/products/images/GA628.jpg

Then I had GF768 and GH688 for a short while, before I convinced my mom to buy me a proper phone.
http://www.mobiletopsoft.com/devices/newimg/ergf768b.gif http://www.mobile-review.com/phonemodels/ericsson/image/er688.gif

So the proper phone was Nokia 3210
http://www.global-b2b-network.com/direct/dbimage/50177256/Nokia_3210.jpg

Next up was Ericsson T20e
http://www.mobile-review.com/phonemodels/ericsson/image/silverweave2.jpg

Then I went for the clamshell design with Siemens CF62
http://www.mobilegazette.com/images/siemens-cf62.jpg

Which got replaced by Motorola V360, which was probably the worst phone I ever had considering all aspects
http://bronch.files.wordpress.com/2006/05/motorola_v360_1.jpg

Currently I have Nokia N95
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/235/445340228_a9a9e4ddf1.jpg

I have still little over a year left on my N95 contract, after that I am switching back to something much more simplistic and smaller.

Little update.

I have now a Nokia 7070 Prism. I sold my N95, because I was short on money and got the cheapest phone I could find.
nokia_7070_blackblue.jpg_300x450.jpg

I have ordered a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic now and I should be getting it soon.
20081002-nokia-5800-xpressmusic.jpg

Gosh you people had lots of phones.
I was thinking the same thing ! :blink:
Perhaps we're older than you :p
Wanna bet ?

Dig this, I've only ever had two cell phones. Both were cheap Nokias that my provider gave me with my plan. I avoided cell phones until 2002 when I became self-employed. I still only use my cell only for business calls. I rarely even carry it with me when I don't have to. You see, I'm old school. I remember how it was before cell phones came along. People used to notice the day around them.
I remember too. The first ones we're more car phones than personal phones, just because of the size of the thing. :lol:

I finally "joined the revolution" just last year and got me this:

Motov3c.jpg

An old V3c on a prepaid plan cause the thing that irks me the most about cell phones are tie-you-down-for-years contracts.
Did my research good before I bought it and been very satisfied with what I need it to do. :)

... All I do on my phone is talk (who would've thought? lol) and mostly just listen to voice mail when my clients call to bug me, so I really don't need all the extra bells and whistles that the more expensive phones offer.
I thought I'd be the same but you know what ? Things I use the most on mine are the calendar (schedule stuff and set alarms for things I need to do or places I need to be) and the calculator. :lol:
'Never thought I'd "need" those features so much but since the phone is on my belt all the time... you get the idea.

The purpose of a mobile phone is for me to phone people and not for people to text, email or phone me. I keep the thing off unless I am going to use it.
Funny, I got mine for the opposite reason.
I wanted people to be able to reach me.
I don't plan much and often just go out for a drive or whatever and I would return home at the end of the day and find a message on the answering machine from friends saying stuff like:"We're going out for diner, wanna join us ? Call me back." I'd get the message ...too late.
So now I can be found.
With my parents not getting any younger, it's not a bad thing either, should they ever need to reach me quick.
So it's always on.

An old V3c on a prepaid plan cause the thing that irks me the most about cell phones are tie-you-down-for-years contracts.
Oh yeah, I always did that as well. I've never had a contract in my life, only prepaid. Technically I have a contract now, but it is part of my ISP internet+phone package and has no additional monthly costs.

i has a new nokia:

20081002-nokia-5800-xpressmusic.jpg

Edit 1: i took the pic from geemans post!

Last edited:
I think I've had too many phones...

Started off in the pre-gsm days with a panasonic J...

j.jpg

Then got a Ericsson 388 as my first GSM:

388.jpg

Moved on to a Nokia 7110 (matrix anyone?)

nokia_7110.jpg

but the mic kept giving up so got a sony j5...

Sony-ElectronicsSony-J5-Mobile-Phone-Modem-1-pic.jpg

Then my first colour phone, SE T68:

ericssont68.jpg

Then a T610

t610.jpg

K700

k700.jpg

K750... great phone

k750.jpg

W810 - like the K750 but walkmanny :)

w810.jpg

Then onto a smartphone, the P1i:

sony-erricson-p1i.jpg

And finally, after years of Sony Ericsson, I've gone Windows, with an HTC Touch Pro:

htc-touch-pro-official-01.jpg

I did actually know that :) - the 8110 didn't spring open though, you had to slide it manually so the 7110 was a bit cooler in that respect!

A mate had one...

The 7110 sucked because the little brass pins that sprung out onto the slider for the microphone would get gunked up and no longer come out- so you'd answer the phone and no-one could hear you!

First phone: Siemens A56, it was very basic with a monochrome screen, no mp3 support, no camera, basically no anything. Granted, it was 2003 and I was in Grade 8.

a56.jpg

Second phone: Sony-Ericsson T306. It had a colour screen... but that's about it.

PATTLNK_1162003_1955-t306_keys.JPG

Third phone: Nokia 6230. I loved this thing, it was the first more-or-less classy phone I had. It was small, had plenty of features, and was ridiculously loud for playing music (as are most Nokia phones).

305px-Nokia_6230i_01.jpg

Unfortunately, that Nokia got stolen, so my parents got me a Siemens SK65. This phone had all of one feature: you could crucify people on it. Seriously, everything else about it sucked.

siemens_sk65.jpg

I got sick and tired of the phone of crucifixion, and got a prepaid Nokia 6275i. 2 megapixel camera, flash and flashlight, very loud, it's pretty much my favourite phone of the ones I've had.

nokia6275i-lg.jpg

Last year, when I moved away to university, I got a second prepaid phone because I didn't want to lose my Toronto number. So I got a Samsung J706. It's nowhere near as good as the Nokia, the keyboard sucks, and I can barely hear it. Its only redeeming feature was the price.

samsung_j706-295-365.gif

I did actually know that :) - the 8110 didn't spring open though, you had to slide it manually so the 7110 was a bit cooler in that respect!

A mate had one...

The 7110 sucked because the little brass pins that sprung out onto the slider for the microphone would get gunked up and no longer come out- so you'd answer the phone and no-one could hear you!

I have never had that problem with mine, and I have been using it for the past 10 years or so :lol:

1. Audiovox 8500 - Incredibly basic, but it was my first phone. I thought it was the coolest thing ever because I could download a polyphonic version of "Scotty Doesn't Know" from my carrier and play it for everyone at school.
B00009M4V8.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

2. Kyocera Strobe - It surfed the internet, it played racing games, it took pictures, and it flipped open to reveal a QWERTY keyboard. Everyone thought I had the best phone ever. In reality though, it was pretty crap. I ended up killing the phone in the washing machine in a horrible accident, making it the only electronic device I've ever killed.
kyocera-switchback.jpg

3. Motorola RAZR - One of my two current phones, I've had this thing forever. I don't plan on getting rid of it because it is hacked to get free internet. The battery is shot, but it works well enough.
motorola-razr-v3c-g.jpg

4. Vodafone 716 - My newest phone. Despite the fact it is a serious budget model, this phone is really great. (My actual phone pictured)
355px-Vodafone_716.jpg

I have a SonyEricsson J120 at the moment, but as it doesn't seem to take any charge on either battery, I need to get a new cheap mobile probably tomorrow.

I only use cheap phones, so if they break, it's not that big of a shame.

So, I did the opposite of my plans to get a cheap phone and bought a Samsung i200, 125 euro + a 20 euro microsd card. I haven't got any idea whether it's a good phone to use; I tried the demo one and the navigation seemed to be alright (it's a windows mobile), but time will tell if I'll hate it or not. It's a bit more expensive than I originally wanted to get, but for a while I've wanted a phone with which I can use IRC, so it's all good. And it wasn't ridiculously expensive..

I loled @ the packaging's text, "My First Smartphone". How did they know? :mrgreen:

Let me think ,

Mitsubishi_Trium_Galaxy_MT-040.jpg

Mitsubishi Trium

GA628.jpg

Ericcson GA628

Nokia_3210.jpg

Nokia 3210

nokia-3330.jpg

Nokia 3330

pic2.jpg

Sharp GX10

siemens_mc60.jpg

Siemens MC60, worst phone I have ever owned, ever.

2nokia-3200.jpg

Nokia 3200

samyv55_00.jpg

Sagem My V-55, awesome phone !

sharp-gx25.jpg

Sharp GX25

nokia-6680-g.jpg

Nokia 6680

http://img352.imageshack.**/img352/7756/nokian73musiceditionxe3.jpg
Nokia N73

se-c902-00.jpg

My current phone, a Sony Ericsson C902.

72388908db8_layer-1.jpg

My current UK phone, a Nokia 1608. Cheap, reliable and battery lasts a week.

Next phone will either be another SE or an iPhone, don't think I could go back to Nokia after how slow the 6680 and N73 were compared to the C902.

Next phone will either be another SE or an iPhone, don't think I could go back to Nokia after how slow the 6680 and N73 were compared to the C902.

It seems Nokia has made quite a lot of improvements to Symbian S60v3 regards to the speed of the OS.
S60v5 (XpressMusic 5800 & N97) looks like crap though...