What's your mobile phone history?

It's easy, they had a weak response to iOS at first and then Android.

There's still some holding on, like Galantti.

In other news, my future phone is probably going to be announced on 1st March in Barcelona.

Here's mine:

Nokia 6310i
no6610i_00.jpg

Motorola E398 (Had a sub-woofer!! (vibrated with the bass))
moe398_00.jpg

Motorola Razr V3XX
motorola_v3xx_00.jpg

LG KE990R Viewty (The R version had lens cover over the camera!!)
lg-ke990-00.jpg

Nokia E72 (That keyboard played havoc with my big hands)
nokia-e72-00.jpg

Nokia N8 (Last phone I had that had physical shutter button)
nokia-n8-official-1.jpg

Galaxy S2
samsung-galaxy-s-ii-i9100-white-glossy-color.jpg

Galaxy Note 2 (Finally something that looks OK in my hands)
samsung-galaxy-note-ii-n7100-new2.jpg

Galaxy Note 3
samsung-galaxy-note-3-1.jpg

Um... it's been a long time.

My first phone was a Nokia 2110i, and this guy has seriously big hands :lol:

I didn't have the coveted woodgrain version though, mine was black. It was the business phone to have in the mid-to-late 90's. I was a kid at the time and bought it used. It was so much better than Nokia's consumer offerings (three rows of text and software buttons!) but it was obviously also much more expensive. Buying new wasn't anywhere close to being an option. I also had the detachable rotating belt clip for it. You had to have one of those, it was the law.

Then I had the 8110 "banana" as featured in The Matrix. The production model didn't have the springloaded front lid though.
After that I had a 6110, and then a 7110 which did have the matrix-style lid released by pressing a button on the back. Kerchunk!
I think the next phone after that was an 8210. It was awesomely small but sadly built from spit and tissue paper. Bought it used and it didn't last long.

I thinkthe next phone after that was a Siemens ME45, my first phone with GPRS data service. 56k speeds and no minute metering was awesome in those days. Then a Sony Ericsson Z600 which I hated because I realized I didn't like flip phones. Thankfully I dropped it in a trash compactor (not on purpose, seriously) and replaced it with the candybar version of the same thing, T630. Much better.

After that I moved to Nokia again and Series 60: 6670, E50, N76 (RAZR knockoff, yes another flip model, dunno what I was thinking) and then an E51.

The E51 was my last Nokia. I still have it in a desk drawer along with the N76. After that I've had iPhone 3GS, 4S, 5S and now a 6 Plus.

Phew. :lol:

Last edited:
Siemens C25
BAZ9Vu3.jpg

Nokia 2600
cnsitYN.jpg

Siemens A50
x4Mwe1l.jpg

Sony-Erricson W810i
GL6NbYc.jpg

Nokia 2630
NStDh9J.png

Nokia 6670
eAfB4xp.jpg

LG Optimus Hub
mwAk3O5.jpg

Acer Liquid Z3
E2w4RHn.jpg

LG G2 mini LTE
cIz46xY.jpg

I started with a 3310, as a lot of people. I think I was about 10?

nokia-3310.jpg

At some point, I went up to a 3150i, which was the coolest thing ever for schoolboy me. I mean look, the side flashed orange!!!

3510i1.jpg

I vaguely remember after that having a 6610 for a short while.

6610i_front_schraeg_400.jpg

Then in 2004, my favourite Nokia, the 6230. Completely bulletproof, nice to hold, nice weight, good battery, good call quality. I love these little things and still have three on the shelf as back-ups. (My whole family used these for years).

nokia-6230.jpeg

In 2007 I went up to a Blackberry Curve 8320. I loved this phone, it had a great keyboard, and I could text really fast on it. I used it for over six years, until it started dropping calls.

BlackBerry-Curve-8320.jpg

Last year I went to a Nokia 520. It does the job.

en-INTL_PDP_Nokia_Lumia_520_ATT_Black_CYF-00137_Large.jpg

Time to update my list.

Sony Ericsson T290
sonyericsson_t290_att_z1.jpg

Samsung E630

e630.jpg

Sony Ericsson K610i (best phone ever)

sony-ericsson-k610i-angle.jpg

Sony Ericsson W610

sony_ericsson_walkman_w610.jpg

And now an LG K360

ks360-silver.jpg

HTC Hero
htc-hero-android-3.jpg

Blackberry Bold 9970 (loved this phone to bits)
BlackBerry-Bold-9870-Price.jpg

Blackberry Bold 9900 (still have this one as a backup phone)
blackberry-bold-9900-hero.jpg

HTC Titan
1789007748_1670938492_o.jpg

iPhone 5
topic_iphone_5.png

LG G3
medium01.jpg

you guys have longass histories! I'm apparently much less of a geek on the phone front, since i'm only on my 4th one so far (since 97)

1)1997-2001 Alcatel something. it had a huge brick of a battery in it that would get so hot after long calls. It also only had texting IN FULL CAPS ONLY. Didn't actually break, but the battery life was something like 1 day at the end...

2)2001-2004 Siemens M50. This one was particularly awesome because it had WAP (remember that) and a Tetris game. This one died after I left it in the car in the charger. Hot car + hot battery from charging = death. A new battery was actually more expensive than an entirely new phone

3)2004-2007 SonyEricsson something or other. It was pretty basic and had polyphonic sounds and shit... It finally broke when the screen came off completely. I glued it back on, but the glue fogged up the screen and made it all white... which makes it rather difficult to call people.

4)2007- present SonyEricsson W200i. It is teh awesome because it has phone,text and games. Oh and also a Walkman function I have nearly never used.

Also, I have never owned a Nokia. I am somehow proud of this.

5) 2010 - 2013 Samsung B3410i slider wooo

samsung-b3410-new-1.jpg

6) 2013 - present : Acer Z130

LiquidZ3-photo-gallery-04.png

7) Soon - ???

Completely forgot...

Had an LG Viewty afterwards, which sucked for a touch phone...

but not as much as its replacement, god I hated that thing...

The wheel kept moving too much, so you'd end up calling the next person rather than the one you wanted in the phone book, even if you used its up down left right functionality the wheel still rotated just to annoy you, the extra row of keys above 123 made it really annoying to write messages... Luckily it wasn't on a plan, so I could trade it in.

And now I have this one:

I love it to bits, especially since Android is only a few months away from being fully functional on it and regardless of that development, the next one will be an HTC-Android also, probably the Hero or its replacement.
Wow... have I really not posted since?

Anyway, continuing the fanboyism, I went with an
HTC Desire (mum still has it)

7cd4d6c1b59170fa0f6da3acc737c6d1.jpg

HTC One S (was given to dad, but is now a backup)

htc_one_s_black_01.jpge93186d4-2871-42b7-9681-b05c4083e6ebLarge.jpeg

HTC One (M7) (now dad's)

htc_one_dark_2.jpg

And now I'm on the

HTC One (M9)

Wow... have I really not posted since?

:lol: Seeing that Touch Diamond instantly transported me to 2008. I remember it's partner in crime, the Touch Pro.

htc-touch-pro-01.jpg

I wanted that in the worst way. Ditto the later TP2...dat keyboard.

I was rocking a Samsung Omnia i910. Not a bad phone, but no Touch Diamond/Pro.

Nokia 5110
fLjeozWm.png

Nokia 3310
eaY8h3Em.png

Sanyo SCP-5300
rPX0Olkm.jpg

Motorola Razr V3m
g60k8jOm.jpg

Blackberry Curve 8330
i0VsIkJm.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S
6DWf5m0m.jpg

LG Optimus G
rtPGogrm.jpg

HTC One E8
AQljqymm.jpg

Just got my work iPhone. Now I have 2 black iPhone 5ss on me. An AT&T one and a Verizon one.

Just got my work iPhone. Now I have 2 black iPhone 5ss on me. An AT&T one and a Verizon one.

Surely that won't get confusing. :lol: Does your employer sell branded "lifestyle" accessories...maybe you could put the work one in a case to differentiate it.

Last edited:
He works for FOMOCO and I am sure they license a Mustang branded case or some such.

He works for FOMOCO and I am sure they license a Mustang branded case or some such.

I know, I just didn't know if it was ok to say or not. :lol:

Samsung SGH-A437
Motorola V551
Motorola Razr
Nokia 1006 (most POS phone ever)
Blackberry Pearl (second most POS phone ever)
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5S

Trying really hard to strech my memory. Pretty sure I forgot some.

170px-Siemens_C35.jpg

Siemens C 35 (my first phone, got as a confirmation present at age 15. Probably used this longer than any phone after it)

22_31_33_Sony-Ericsson_T230.jpg

SonyEricsson t230 (insanely long standby time, nice basic phone)

78.jpg

Nokia 6600 (crap software)

Samsung-SGH-I780.jpg

Samsung SGH-i780 (I think this is the best phone I've had, probably would still be using this unless the charging wouldn't have died)

nokia-e7-1.jpg

Nokia E7 (the most crap phone I've had. Loved the qwerty keyboard, but the software was super buggy)

Galaxy-S3.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S3 (killed with water)

htc-desire-500-black-en-slide-02-zoom.jpg

HTC Desire 500 (maybe the best value for money. Killed by dropping to Ikea parking lot asphalt.)

jpg800x465

Oneplus One (so far so good)

Last edited:
Siemens_c25.jpg

The great one touch easy!
one_touch_easy.png

Nokia%206110.jpg

244px-Nokia_3210_3.jpg

Bunch of other Nokias, some NEC, some Sagem, more Siemens I don't know the models anymore.

Then when smartphone era kicked off:

Nokia-5800-XpressMusic.jpg
5800 XpressMusic (resistive touch screen, slow, horrible camera)
src_nokiac7.png
Great phone, loved the Nokia C7, good camera despite fixed focus
81ZNPK4YzhL._SL1500_.jpg
HTC Sensation, horrific camera and even worse audio camera recording, collects lint under the display. Gaudy UI.
samsung-omnia-7.jpg
Samsung Omnia 7. Smooth but limited OS, pixelated Pentile Screen
513RWJMhceL.jpg
Samsung Galaxy Nexus. All around great phone, camera soso, but usable, huge selection of ROM's even after End of life
htc-desire-816-White-500x455.png
HTC Desire 816. Great phone, limited storage, best battery life I ever experienced, after SW upgrade to lollipop audio channels left and right swapped, no solution. Sold.
ai2h-800.jpg
LG Nexus 5. Great phone but horrible battery life. Sold.
htc_one_m8.jpg
HTC One M8. Great build, BlinkFeed feature is addictive, low Megapixel camera but takes good photos and decent videos. Stable SW. UI much cleaner than past sense UI's but looks a bit dated now.

Backup:
ImgW.ashx
Lumia 640 LTE, solid. W8.1 pushes Snapdragon 400 a bit.

I spent way too much fucking time making this but here we go.