What's your mobile phone history?

I love playing this game, so I'll give my input.

I started in January of 2007 with a Sony Ericsson K610i. I think I was the last or second-to-last person in my elementary school class to get a cellphone, so getting this was kind of a big deal to me. I loved that phone to bits, took many pictures and videos with it, broke it first time by installing too many games, got it fixed, changed the case on it, learned how to tinker with Sony Ericsson software, and finally, in the process of tinkering with its firmware, broke it for the second time, after which it wasn't usable anymore.

3.jpg

Then at some point during the spring of 2008, I thought it'd be cool to get a second phone, mostly because that way it'd be easier to contact my uncle and his part of the family, since he was on a different carrier, so I got a Sony Ericsson W200i. Cheap and also fun. I mostly used it for storing my music, though. I think it went to the service once, but I can't remember why exactly. Must've been the microphone or something else like that.

41TgBp59FbL.jpg

In October (I believe) of 2008 I got the phone I used for the longest time: my Sony Ericsson K770i. I used it until the summer of 2014, so almost full six years. I bought it because of the camera and display, as both of those were huge improvements over the previous two phones I had. It was good, mostly because of the camera. That's what I used it for most of the time, as well as for watching videos. I remember buying accessories for it, such as external speakers and a 4 GB memory card (which was proprietary and used in Sony Ericsson phones until ca. 2010 only). The keyboard broke once, and by the end of its life, it was so worn-out the keys would work sloppily, the camera latch mechanism crapped out and it was all scratched up and dented.

0d15a75ea489c7e74a6bb592b2dbc1b2319f0a65.jpg

In late May of 2009, I decided to replace my second phone with something better, so I got another Cybershot-series Sony Ericsson phone, the C702. I bought it because I was obsessed with Sony Ericsson themes and walpapers that used accelerometer, only to find out after I bought the phone that, uhm, it actually didn't have an accelerometer. Still, I passed the W200i onto my mum to use with her own SIM card and used the C702 as my second phone, but at some point during the high school I passed the C702 together with the SIM that was in it also to my mum, as she contacted my uncle more than I did. It was not that good of a phone, not because it didn't have an accelerometer, but because it the plastic around the camera shutter button broke three times (it was serviced twice), while the phone was rated as splash- and dust-proof.

8446-C702Blacksides-1.jpg

Then at the beginning of September of 2014, I got my first smartphone. A Huawei G6 4G. It isn't much by today's standards, but as it was my first Android smartphone, it opened a whole new world to me. Facebook in your pocket, Instagram, Youtube wherever you want, and a huge screen compared to my previous Sony Ericsson feature phones. I used it until June of 2016. It was a great experience, and it never broke down while I was using it.

Huawei-Ascend-G6-4G-600x576.jpg

In June of 2016 I won a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua on a giveaway, after which I passed the Huawei onto my brother, who needed a smartphone. The first day of activating and using it, I wasn't blown away with it, mostly because it wasn't much of an improvement over my previous phone. But not much longer after that, I discovered that it was almost unusable due to the fact it only had 8 GB of internal storage, most of which was filled with bloatware apps, and you couldn't move the apps to external memory. It also broke down on me once, when the speakerphone crapped out. In my opinion, it was the worst experience any phone I used gave me. Oh, and it heated a lot, to the point that it was uncomfortable to hold it in the hand.

51OXS9gnwIL._SX569_.jpg

And finally, last year, in May, I decided that I wanted a phone that would last me for a long time. I wanted something that wouldn't become unusable in a year or two because of insufficient internal storage, or whichever other reason. So I settled down on a Samsung Galaxy S8. But after researching my options, I realised that on contract, and thanks to a discount for American Express, I realised I could get a Huawei P20 for much cheaper. So I did. It's an excellent phone so far, and my favourite feature about it is its camera. It made me rediscover mobile photography. I only have one real complaint on it: it doesn't have the 3,5 mm headphone jack! Other than that, it's near perfect, but the USB type-C port wore out a little bit... Not that much of a problem, I'll get it fixed at some point, but it makes me wonder if the USB-C port is really a good idea from a durability standpoint.

512cn2CWOAL._SY355_.jpg

Okay, that's it. I left out the phones I bought solely for tinkering on or that were landed or given to me. These are the devices I actually put my SIM card in and used for calls and all the other wonderful things these phones can do.

What can I conclude from this? Well, apart from the fact that I only had experience with two brands, I can conclude that all the Sony (Ericsson) devices I had broke down at least once during the warranty period! (Well, expect that I'm unsure on the W200i, I just can't remember if it broke down or not.) Oh, also, that it's worth investing in a decent phone that will last you a long time. And don't skimp on memory!

Time for a little update, I think:

9) [December 2010 - October 2011] Apple iPhone 3Gs. My first iPhone, I have to admit it was a revelation, a quantum leap forward. A hand down from my brother.

topic_iphone_3gs.png

10) [October 2010 - December 2013] Apple iPhone 4. Had this for more than three years, and it didn't miss a beat, also one of very few not to get a smashed up backside or front. A hand-down from my brother as well.

topic_iphone_4.png

11) [December 2013 - September 2014] Apple iPhone 5s. Really liked this, in retrospect I regret that I din't keep it for longer, such a nice size. Also regret I din't get an SE

topic_iphone_5s.png

12) [September 2014 - September 2016] Apple iPhone 6. Bought one because my brother's job had bought a few too many and I was offered one for a nice price.

apple-iphone-6.jpg

13) [September 2016 - November 2017] Apple iPhone 6s. This was also a hand-down from my brother.

iphone-6s-topic.png

14) [November 2017 - September 2019] Apple iPhone 7. Also a hand down from my brother, I still like this very much, although I could be intrigued by something smaller if that is introduced.

iphone7-black-select-2016

15) [September 2019 -->] Apple iPhone X. I got this free of charge, also from my brother who updated to a Pro. The main difference is the huge screen and the fact we are back to a glass back, so case is required. Not only do I fear breakage, but it gets smudged up with fingerprints very fast, not only the glass back, but also the polished stainless steel frame. It is also slightly bigger than my old iPhone 7. However, on the pluss side, it has much better battery than my old iPhone 7, I'm also digging Face-ID and wireless charging. The whole thing just looks great with iOS 13.

IPHONE-X-GREY-600x600.jpg

Apparently I haven't posted here since 2009 and that was short so I may as well start from scratch. I got the changeover dates for the smartphones from my big folder of photos from Dropbox, where the device is recorded in EXIF.

Nokia 3510i

3510i1.jpg

My first dumbphone, high tech at the time with its polyphonic ringtones and colour screen. I think it's still around somewhere, I'll never forget the Sky Diver ringtone.

Samsung U600

samsung-u600.jpg

Next was my second and final dumbphone, the Samsung U600. A very nice phone to hold and use, sometimes I miss having something this compact. Sold this to my uncle.

HTC Touch HD (December 2008 - November 2010)

3765362538_fb18d145a8.jpg

Once smartphones became a thing and IT colleagues started getting them I knew I wanted in and started my long-term love affair with HTC and its flagship phones. Starting with the Touch HD, the upfront cost of which was a Christmas gift with me paying a cheaper contract. Despite Windows Mobile now looking shit, this was a great phone at the time and while modern capacitive touch screens are far superior to resistive types I still miss the ability to use a very accurate pointy stylus. The front bezel on this was actually metal and made for quite a heavy phone. The battery was removable and I had a dock that could store and charge a spare battery.

At the time I listened to Chris Moyles on Radio 1 on the train in the morning, using RealPlayer to stream over HSDPA, or more like Edge if I was lucky. The phone signal between my town and the city I work in was (and still is, unbelievably) very poor so the steam would sometimes become a garbled mess, cut out or I'd have to restart RealPlayer. Before getting this I would listen to music on the train with my PSP, which seems ridiculous now.

I traded this in and would like to get another just because.

HTC Desire HD (November 2010 - November 2012)

HTCDesireHD3.jpg

I skipped the HTC HD2 and my next phone was the Desire HD. Android was new and fancy and this phone was slimmer with a newfangled capacitive touch screen. Probably my first phone to be graced or otherwise with Angry Birds because it didn't work on Windows Mobile. This also still had a removable battery.

I tried radio streams but for some reason they didn't work out as well, so I got my first Sony Bluetooth headset, the MW600. More about that, along with my other Bluetooth headsets, at the end.

Great phone that just kept going, sold it to a friend who ran it for a year or two afterwards.

HTC OneX+ (November 2012- October 2014)

htc-one-x-plus-europe.jpg

By now HTC had moved on to the One series of phones and had dropped the option of MicroSD cards for some reason. Due to this I wanted the phone with the most on-board storage, the OneX+. 64GB was a lot back then. This was an improvement over the Desire HD in every way, was a very thin phone for its time and the rubberised case was very tough and grippy.

I really liked the red accents of the + model over the regular one. It also had contacts on the side for docking, don't think I ever used this.

I still have this one, somewhere, in bits. It met a sad end when a metal keyring I was given at a Land Rover show damaged the digitiser of the touch screen, leaving a section of it dead. I bought a new digitiser but it wasn't OEM quality and wouldn't stick down correctly. I was actually planning to keep this after my contract expired because it was so good.

HTC One M8 (October 2014 - June 2016)

htc-one-m8-1.jpg

Still happy with HTC phones at this point, I upgraded to their next new model. It finally supported SD card storage again, which was nice for storing the photos from the new Ultrapixel camera. Initially it seemed good but I was never happy with the photos it produced (having compared them, I would seriously say that the photos from the Touch HD are better) and it very quickly became sluggish, driving me up the wall.

It had a very slippery metal case too, which meant that this was the first phone I felt the need to put in a rubber case. Strange considering the previous three didn't have cases and none suffered damage (that a case would've prevented for the OneX+).

I still have it right here, got it out to see if I can trade it for some cash but it appears to be dead, Dave.

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium (June 2016 - April 2018)

sony-z5-premium1.jpg

I was so fed up with the One M8 that I actually purchased this phone outright while still paying the contract on the HTC, completely ending my run of their phones with little chance that I'll ever own one again.

I bought this purely due to the 4K UHD screen and how good that would look when combined with a Google Glass VR viewer. It did look good but it soon became apparent that phone-based VR was just a gimmick and this thing actually got quite hot when displaying UHD content. It was fine and the photo quality was a big improvement over the HTC. The side-mounted fingerprint reader on the power button was a nice feature, I always preferred that to front or rear mounted ones and it was pretty reliable.

I still have this and have just finished finding the original accessories and putting them back in the box, should be able to get a decent amount for it.

I forget why I replaced this one, maybe I just became frustrated with or bored of Android and realised that I no longer required the extra freedom that it provided over that other OS (no, not Windows Phone). In 2018, I waved goodbye to it and jumped on the good ship iPhone.

iPhone X (April 2018 - Present)

Picture shamelessly stolen from the post above but you know what one looks like anyway. Wireless charging, faceID, a supposedly great camera and an OS that peformed well due to the limited devices it has to support were some of the things that sold me on the iPhone. I also had my mind on Apple Carplay, which I preferred to Android Auto after seeing the two in use. Twin cameras are nice and I use them all of the time, it's great to be able to 'zoom' and have a full-resolution image.

So far it's been great. FaceID works well for me, it handles my navigation apps without crashing or slowing down and the pictures are great. In my opinion, iCloud is superior to the offerings from Dropbox or Google despite having to jump through silly hoops for some features.

Next year I will probably upgrade to the 11 Pro. I may be forced to stick with this, however, if my money is going elsewhere...

Bluetooth Heasets

Worth mentioning these as they've been important to me and I've been loyal to Sony throughout. Always earbuds because I don't like full headphones for use on the train.

Sony Ericsson MW-600 (January 2011 - September 2016)

s-l1600.jpg

My first Bluetooth headset. This had a built-in FM tuner, using the headphones as an antenna like most little radios. It still lost signal because the normal FM signal was also poor along the route of the railway due to there being fuck all along the route.

Chris Moyles left Radio 1 in 2012 and it wasn't as good after that. I listened to it for an amount of time but then stopped, just using the MW600 for music over BT. Its best feature was the ability to use any 3.5mm headphones or speakers and it just kept going, I still have it and I'm damn sure it still works just fine. I didn't realise how long I had used it for.

Sony SBH-80 (September 2016 - March 2018)

In 2016 I became tired of the long cable dangling around me and upgrade to a proper headband headset. For such small drivers, they sounded incredibly good. Having individual buttons for play/pause, skipping tracks and controlling volume is something I now miss but I don't miss the weight of the battery being right at the back, along with having to reach behind my neck for the power button.

One channel died because the connections from the headband to the earbud leads wasn't very robust, the one year warranty was up.

Sony WI-C400 (March 2018 - November 2018)

413NzkKLj0L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

The SBH80 was quite expensive and not wanting to spend that much again for 18 months of use, I deliberately went for a cheaper set with built-in cable strain relief. I may have gone to far, however, as these look, feel and sound quite cheap. Generally unimpressive and with strange controls for skipping tracks that used the volume controls, sometimes resulting in the volume being changed instead of the track.

Used it for a while until I was nosing around the Sony shop in Keflavik airport before flying home and spotted...

Sony WI-1000X (November 2018 - Present)

I don't recommend looking up the price of these. I didn't actually buy these at the airport despite them being about 25% cheaper than they are here, as I didn't want to be stuck with them if there was a problem. They're my first pair of noise cancelling earphones, useful on the train and they proved useful when flying earlier this year. The sound quality is also fantastic, due to the size of the drivers they're better than the SBH80 and far better than the WI-C400. Padding on the back is very comfortable. Hopefully they will last a long time.

The connection is rock solid, I don't remember which but one of the old headsets had issues with the Bluetooth connection when the phone was in my pocket. It also has a 3.5mm connection, good for connecting to my PC at work without dealing with multiple BT devices.

My only gripe is the track skipping is combined with the play/pause button, press twice for next and three times for previous. It's far more reliable than the method on the WI-C400 but I'd still rather have a couple more buttons.

I probably would've bought Apple Airpods instead of these as they're actually cheaper, if only the damn things fitted in my ears...

Last edited:
I've posted in this thread before, but i'm currently on the iPhone XR with no plans to upgrade. I also can't really upgrade easily because my employer paid for the phone and it's up to them to be generous and give me a new one.

Usually with Apple products, I sell them to help fund the new purchase. Android and PC users like to point out that Apple users are "overpaying" for their devices, but the resale value helps recoup a lot if not all of the investment.

Right now I'm waiting for the refreshed 11" iPad Pro, then I'll sell my 10.5".

I started with Nokia 1611 in 1996 and went with different Nokia models until iPhone 4 came. Since then I've been with iPhone's. Next one could well be Nokia again while those pure Android versions seem quite nicely specced compared to price at least

15) [September 2019 -->] Apple iPhone X. I got this free of charge, also from my brother who updated to a Pro. The main difference is the huge screen and the fact we are back to a glass back, so case is required. Not only do I fear breakage, but it gets smudged up with fingerprints very fast, not only the glass back, but also the polished stainless steel frame. It is also slightly bigger than my old iPhone 7. However, on the pluss side, it has much better battery than my old iPhone 7, I'm also digging Face-ID and wireless charging. The whole thing just looks great with iOS 13.

16) [May 2020 - November 2020] Apple iPhone 7. After deliberating about it, I decided to switch back to my old iPhone 7 from the iPhone X I used to have. I just didn't get comfortable with the size of the X. After getting it back, I did a battery change on the 7 which improved things massively.

17) [November 2020 -->] Apple iPhone 12 mini. After having kept up the iPhone rumor mill for the past year or so, I started seeing earlier this year that the iPhone 12 would become some sort of "super cycle" introducing a new design and a new generation of chips (5nm A14) which means it's something that will be good for a long time. The rumored 5,4" form factor turned out to be just what I wanted from a phone and much more comfortable to use than the 5,8" iPhone X. My only dislike here is the glossy glass back, but I can live with that, honestly, I would have been fine with a matte surface polycarbonate (aka plastic).

IMG_0001.jpg

Ha, let's see if I can remeber what I've had. I'm somewhat worried that apart from the Panasonic model name I remembered every phone straight away. Also, 10 phones in ~24 years or so? That's not very techie of me, is it. :mrgreen:

Nokia 880 (2110i sister model) - The usual start, a hand-me-down phone to get started. And as the stock size wasn't enough, I had a pair of extra size batteries as well

Nokia 6110 - I refused the navi button trend, as most people had 3110s or 5110s at the time

Nokia 7110 - Traded the 6110 for the gimmick of the Matrix-y trigger flap (and bigger screen). And to be fair the scroller wheel and button layout was perfect for that OS

Panasonic GD67 - Was lured by the color screen and I realised very quickly how far ahead Nokia was with usability otherwise

Samsung e720 - The last stand. A really nice dual screen flip phone with a very poor camera that I bought, when many were trying first smart phones already

HTC Desire - Physically extremely solid and I liked the control button setup, but memory and storage capacity was seriously lacking. Sold it to my less techy friend in less than a year after buying it

HTC Sensation - The last phone with a swappable battery. Button and charge port layout was really nice and probably the most perfectly proportioned phone for my hand. Also the last phone that I could use without a cover, as it had a built in grippy surface. Function with the form

HTC M8 - Still a time when HTC was coming out with meaningful new stuff ahead of bigger brands. A wonderful thing to have. Only killed by me straining the battery to its early death

HTC M10 - Instead of getting a new battery I got the M10 instead. More or less the same thing, with a better camera. Also put out of use by dying battery

Asus Zenfone 6 - Seeing the fate of previous phones, I was mainly looking for biggest batteries below the flagship price range, with a decent camera. When I bought it the OS had plenty of annoying bugs, but couple updates later most things were fixed and it's still everything I need.

Last edited:
Ha, let's see if I can remeber what I've had.

Ah crap, this is gonna suck... I'm not going to be able to remember anything...

actually wow, just browsing through GSM-Arena really helps. Work phones are listed, but without description.

Siemens MC60
No idea what was going on back then... I know this sucker collected dust between the display and the outer shell like crazy!

Sony-Ericsson W800
Fancy MP3 phone let down by the horrible headphones that I couldn't replace because of the stupid proprietary connector.

Nokia 3500 classic
Cheap phone, did what I wanted it to - actually lasted longer than all my other phones. Happy days.

HTC Wildfire
Horribly slow and garbage compromise of a low-end smartphone. But it paved the way for me to know what all the fuss was about...

HTC One S
Loved the design of this, despite the fact the fancy burned-in ceramic coating started flaking off after a few months...

Sony Xperia Z3 / iPhone 5S (work) / iPhone 6S (work)
Very nice phone (Z3), would've kept using it for much longer if the glue of both the display and the back hadn't failed... multiple times. Also the party trick of just dumping into your beer wasn't possible anymore because of that... so screw that.

Huawei P10 / iPhone 8 (work)
Huge meh. Supposed to be a flagship phone I guess, but I couldn't find anything outstanding about it. Just another phone.

Apple iPhone X
Actually got this used from a friend, still going well... Made the switch after not having a work phone anymore and most of the things that did annoy me about iOS on my workphones was just down to it being slightly different from what I was used to from my main Androids. After making the switch, I was actually astonished with how everything just works.
I actually love the design of the 12 but I'll try and hold out for the 13, in the hopes of 120Hz screen and maybe reduced face ID notch.

Nokia 880 (2110i sister model) - The usual start, a hand-me-down phone to get started. And as the stock size wasn't enough, I had a pair of extra size batteries as well

Nokia 6110 - I refused the navi button trend, as most people had 3110s or 5110s at the time
What was the point of the 880 anyway? A special edition for some retail chain or what? There was also the Mobira Cityman 5000, same thing but using the pre-Nokia brand.

I had a 6110 as well. Refused the silly navikey :D

My first phones were 2110i, 8110, 6110, 7110... in that order. I think. And that was only in a few short years. The 8110 was the original curved phone as seen in The Matrix, but the sliding cover wasn't spring loaded. They introduced that with the 7110 and I have a feeling they only built it in because of the movie :D I never cared much for the 7110's Naviroller.

I think I managed to find all my old Android phones, except the OP3 I sold 3 years ago:

From left to right, Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S3, LG G3, [missing OnePlus 3], Essential PH-1, OnePlus 8T.

IMG_3136928ab7cb8242c67c.jpg

Let's see if I can remember all of them...

This was my first phone
Telital-GM-410-1.jpg
it's a Telit GM410 and I got it in 1999 with my first sim card

Then, in no particular order:
110px-Nokia.3330.jpg
Philips-Savvy-Handy-0.jpg
sim35ib.gif
siemens-sl10-04.jpg

Nokia 3330 Philips Savvy Siemens M35 Siemens SL10

Then I became a bit of a Sony Ericsson fanboy, starting with this:
152px-SE-T68i.jpg
The T68i. It had an external camera module and a blue LED for Bluetooth! I loved that phone! (Yes, I'm easily amused :ROFLMAO:)
134px-SonyEricsson_T610_AluminumHaze_front.jpg
Sony-Ericsson-Z600.webp
Sony-Ericsson_Z1010_1_01.jpg
sony-ericsson-p990i-full-1.jpg

Then a T610 a Z600 a Z1010 and my first smartphone, the P990i

Then it was all Android, starting with the Samsung Galaxy Pop:
samsung-galaxy-pop-s5570_13255830984.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Xcover-2-S7710.jpg
$_59.JPG
s-l640.jpg

Samsung XCover2 I had two of those Blackview BV6000 And that's what I currently have, a Redmi Note 7

That was hard to remember! Starting with the SEs I began flashing new roms to have more functions, or to keep them alive.

The Sony Ericsson Z600 was my first camera phone and my first flip phone. I decided after a short while that I hated the flip form factor. Thankfully I dropped it in a trash compactor at the landfill. No, I didn't do it on purpose but the insurance payout did allow me to replace it with a T630 which was the same thing but in candybar form. Much, much better.

I still remember digging through the trash (thankfully not bio waste) searching for a ringing phone while an employee at the recycling center kept calling my number. :D It was completely crushed but for some reason it hadn't turned off.

It was completely crushed but for some reason it hadn't turned off.
Back then phones still were durable...
I remember my mom ran her Siemens somethingorother through the washer. That one was also still on afterwards and didn't suffer any lasting damage.

Back then phones still were durable...
I remember my mom ran her Siemens somethingorother through the washer. That one was also still on afterwards and didn't suffer any lasting damage.
Only if you bought something else than a Samsung. :D From personal and friends experience they've kept their form of high in features, low on quality for a good while. I loved the e720 flip phone I had, but it was very easy to break (and cobble back together).

Nokias on the other hand.. I forgot the 7110 in my pocket once while jumping to the river. I might've taken the battery out after climbing back to the peer, but that's all. Also drove over the it, as I did the stupid thing of laying it on the repair ramp while I was working on the car. Not even the slide cover was affected by that.

Last edited:
Technically, because the camera on the T68 was an external module, I consider the Z600 my first camera phone as well, but I liked the clamshell form factor, so much in fact that I can't wait for the folding phone technology to become more reliable (and less expensive).

All my phones got retired with a fair amount of battle scars, but the Z1010 (Z ten ten? One thousand ten? One o one o?) was the one in the worst condition and still worked flawlessly.

LG C1300
Samsung SCH-U340
Blackberry Pearl
Iphone 3GS
Iphone 4S
Iphone 5S
Iphone SE
Iphone 8

Full mobile phone history:

2001 Motorola MR20
used for 7 years

2008 Nokia 2600
used for 5 years

2013 Sony Xperia tipo
used for 7 years

2020 Samsung Galaxy s20 note ultra
used for ... years

Technology marches on... I however only make large jumps now and then :LOL:
phones.jpg

Last edited:
iphone-se-black-select-2020.png

And yesterday I moved to iOS. iPhone SE (2020), Black, 64GB. The lowest-spec iPhone you can buy today, but I can't complain, since I got this one for free. Hopefully, it will be a decent replacement for the now-3-year-old Huawei P20 which is showing some serious wear and tear on its battery life.

Also, I bought a Lightning-to-3.5 mm adapter for it because I still need one, as well as a tempered glass screen protector and some fugly cheap case until I decide if I want to keep it and thus order a better case for it. I don't know if I'll keep the phone or pass it on to some family member, but I am planning to use it for a few weeks to see if iOS fits me. Since I'm not exactly a heavy user any more, hopefully this one will do the job just fine.

Hmm, let me see if I can remember all the mobile phones I owned, the list might be out of order...

May 2022, I had to return the SE (2020). Not really wanting to go back to the Huawei P20 as it's software is quite laggy, and migrating all the data would result in a migraine, I splurged out on a used iPhone 11 Pro, a 256GB variant.
refurb-iphone-11-pro-space-gray-2019_GEO_EMEA

I really wanted a Midnight Green one, but all that the classifieds had available for an OK price was this Space Gray one. The first impressions are that it's as good as I hoped it'd be, but then, I've only been using it for less than a day. I've wanted one ever since they came out, and through thorough research, I've concluded that it's the phone that would suit my needs the best. I am planning to replace the battery, however, as it needed that (hence the price), but other than that, it's good to be used for the next couple of years!