What's your NEXT car?

What's your NEXT car?

• Total voters
I'm saving money right now for one of these:
6508896846.241014846.IM1.04.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

I would prefer a manual car in red or black.
Is this sensible or not?

I'd call that sensible, an elise for example isn't a sensible car

Next car will either be a BMW Z4M, or an R34 GT-R.

For both its the last iteration of their infamous I6's, and both are great drives in their own right. The former doesn't have as many of the driving nannies as the new M's (it has a proper manual and no iDrive) and the latter has been a dream car for me for a while.

all the cars i love were made before 1993 so any car i buy will be atleast 15 years old and therefore less than sensible.

Currently i am at a crossroads between another AE86 a ST165 or XR4ti none of which is a sound invest ment.

It'll be my first car so sensible unfortunately.

Even more unfortunately, I have to learn how to drive in a 1999 1.4 petrol Renault Kangoo. Fun.

I'm saving up for something small, european, cheap, reliable and I don't mind if it's old. old cars have character.

well hello there, golf mk I

It may seem sensible, but if I can get it, another Audi A4, S4, (dreams) RS4. Remeber I live in the US so parts are expensive and good mechs are hard to find so its not really what you would call sensible. If I don't have the money I will try and find an old Toyota Tacoma baja with. :p Hope it holds up better than my S10 did. :lol:

Because... he, uh..... yeah wtf? :?

I hatehatehatehate toyotas. they have no style, no personality and they aren't particularly fast or any other redeeming features but I have a friend who calls me toyota (or 'toy' more like) and I thought why not

I hatehatehatehate toyotas. they have no style, no personality and they aren't particularly fast or any other redeeming features but I have a friend who calls me toyota (or 'toy' more like) and I thought why not

For some reason I think it would be funny if you had a Honda or GM avatar with that name.

Yeaaahh righht... maybe on your cars.

Yeaaahh righht... maybe on your cars.

Mechanics? Do your own work, like a real man! :lol:

Ummm, yeah, you can't really say that about an Audi. Have you seen how complex they are in comparison to your Toyota and GM products? You need an "IV" just to check the oil in the transmission... more speciality tools too. Even some mechs don't like to touch it becuase its something far more advanced, complex, or hard to fix. Give me your cars to fix with some hand tools and a repair manual and I might be able to fix yours though....

NOTE: Audis then again do have some good features for fixing them such as a movable front that can easily be pulled out for servicing.

Last edited:
Ummm, yeah, you can't really say that about an Audi. Have you seen how complex they are in comparison to your Toyota and GM products? You need an "IV" just to check the oil in the transmission... more speciality tools too. Even some mechs don't like to touch it becuase its something far more advanced, complex, or hard to fix. Give me your cars to fix with some hand tools and a repair manual and I might be able to fix yours though....

Dude... It's a '98. I'm a VAG guy (*snicker*) too and my last car was from the same generation as yours. I bought the specialty tools, and did all my own work, it wasn't nearly that complex. You made it seem like your A4's technology rivals that of a Veyron or Cadillac Sixteen.

Yes, and specialty tools cost money, something I'm lacking.
Also, its not like its sparkplugs, (which I am pretty sure I should change,) or brakes; its the transmission and a few bugs in the electrical system, such as a stupid code for the check engine. Also I have nothing close to a garage right now, yet I have two cars and a third one on the way, (please don't ask -takes to long to explain).
...and I know its not a spaceship but it does have a few things that are still not standards on most other cars. (Why again would mechs not touch it even when I waive money?)

Actually this would be a good thread for me to start: How I screwed myself with cars.

I'm waiting for the right moment to trade my A6 in for a same generation S6 Avant.

I haven't driven an A6 but is that 2.8L V6 just as good in the A4? I would think due to the bigger size it would need a bit more power, but then again I never drove a class 6 Audi.

If I do end up getting a car, it would be a sensible one. But as a college student, I would only ever drive to go and come back from home.