What's your nightmare three car garage?

Because I'll never be able to complete a journey without a flatbed.

Part deux

P38 Rangie
1626661037539.jpeg

E65 BMW 760i
1626661070915.jpeg

Early Maserati Fordor with F1 crashbox
1626661130885.jpeg

VAG post? VAG post.

V10 TDI Toe-rag

I saw one of these on the supermarket parking lot the other day. Eastern European plates, it was hot out and the engine was running, but he had all four windows in the "my AC is broken" position.

I guess the owner was waiting for something else to break so he could do several repairs at once because everything on these is an engine-out job.

I saw one of these on the supermarket parking lot the other day. Eastern European plates, it was hot out and the engine was running, but he had all four windows in the "my AC is broken" position.
Are you sure it wasn't just an electronic fault that put all of the windows down? :p

That's certainly believable in a P38.

Are you sure it wasn't just an electronic fault that put all of the windows down? :p

That's certainly believable in a P38.

You know how some cars let you press and hold the unlock button to lower all four windows? I think it was the generation of Passat posted above that let you do that by twisting and holding the key in the door. Or when it rained heavily and the microswitch in question shorted out.

The T-Roc cabrio always reminds me of that Audi Cross Cabrio concept that they never made.

Fun Coda fact: I reached out earlier this year and the company that bought them still has a couple new in box. You can kinda-sorta buy one if you wanted but they aren't too enthusiastic.

No, this is not the stupid thing I've been working on. I did in fact consider it, if only to see how far I could get from the pickup location before getting stranded by either broken car or uncrossable charging gap

Mine:
Bubble Taurus
Toyota Corolla (anything post-1990)
Modern diesel pickup (any)

Fun Coda fact: I reached out earlier this year and the company that bought them still has a couple new in box. You can kinda-sorta buy one if you wanted but they aren't too enthusiastic.

No, this is not the stupid thing I've been working on. I did in fact consider it, if only to see how far I could get from the pickup location before getting stranded by either broken car or uncrossable charging gap

Aging Wheels is trying to daily drive a Coda that has less miles on it in total than you put on the BRZ while in reverse. So far he's had to replace wheel bearings, drive shafts, door handles, window regulators, etc. Things that typically don't fail on cars still considered by many to be brand new.

Excuse me if I don't have much faith in this vehicular product.

I’ll stick to cars that are currently available:

First of the Worst is, of course, the ghastly BMW X6.

2DEA4AD0-3D0C-4FEF-8BE9-729DA4A6948D.jpeg

angry and aggressive front

FD18B26A-4F42-4EAB-9A57-D0EE0FDBE038.jpeg

one of the ugliest rears I’ve ever seen

It is nothing but an oversized waste of resources for people with an inferiority complex from a manufacturer that should have known better.

Runner-up: the Alfa Romeo Stelvio

6F04E8D7-9B54-46B8-BCC9-B309FCBFA75C.jpeg

I’ve longed for an Alfa ever since I first drove a MiTo via car sharing some ten years ago. Alfas may not always look nice and can have more issues than a psych patient, but even their little city car made me fall in love.

So for something that is just a blob of slightly bent sheet metal to come along and sully the bloodline with SUV nastiness is a crime worthy of capital punishment, i.e. the crusher.

Third, but no less firmly in the “hate” category, is Opel. Not any particular model, but their entire range.

Sure, the days of GM misery may be gone, but every time I’ve got stuck with one of their products, it’s been like driving an Excel spreadsheet. Corners of my mouth on the ground long before I ever turned the key. There was none of the simple happiness that most Fords manage to convey, none of the “at least they’ve done this properly” vibes I get from the VW group and certainly none of the quirkiness you can find in French cars… just oceans of blandness and lovelessness that make it clear that nobody, from the designers to the engineers, from the accountants to the production workers, actually liked what they were doing. If a car could wear sandals, socks and shorts, an Opel would do it every day.

There's a house I drive past that has about 6 vehicles.

Three of these, all in "metallic baby poop"
019186_2010_toyota_Avalon.jpg

Two of these, both in white:
2010-toyota-prius-ii-hatchback-angular-front.png

And one of these that is missing the bed and hasn't moved in over 5 years:
1421_8091914078f4_low_res.jpg

I don't think putting a fake speed camera outside would tell the world you don't care about cars as much as that miserable selection.

There's a house I drive past that has about 6 vehicles.

Three of these, all in "metallic baby poop"

I do believe the color name is Jewish Racing Gold.

It's not clean, it's not even complete.
If it looked like this one, I would have it and feel good about it. I was just looking on the local listings and found an '86 Lariat with a flatbed and wood slat sides in mint condition with 26,000 miles on it. It's only going for $8K, and it looks to be worth every dollar.

Yeah I originally thought that a classic F-150 would be pretty nice but it's more likely that it was just an appliance, they used it and stopped caring about it.