What's your nightmare three car garage?

Plus that generation is a weird halfway between old tool to the beginning of lifestyle vehicle.

The first two are rebodied 'lesser' cars than they claim to be (yeah Subaru is lower down the pecking order than Saab - fact :razz:) but what about the Dodge? Just a pile of rubbish all by itself?

As you already have Jags and Saabs you should add at least one 'good' Dodge to the stable, if such a thing exists.

It's because of a rental experience I had with a Dodge Magnum 2.7, and how disappointing that drivetrain was. At least it had the upside of being a wagon, and a Charger wouldn't even have that in its favor; it's the spiritual successor to the Iron Duke Camaro in the mismatch between its performance styling (well, sorta) and disappointing engine.

It's because of a rental experience I had with a Dodge Magnum 2.7, and how disappointing that drivetrain was. At least it had the upside of being a wagon, and a Charger wouldn't even have that in its favor; it's the spiritual successor to the Iron Duke Camaro in the mismatch between its performance styling (well, sorta) and disappointing engine.

I wonder how a Diesel Audi TT drives, hopefully better than it sounds. Heard/saw one of those last week.

I'll take "assorted grudges" for my nightmare car rotation, please:

1. Failtima. I hope that car is a toaster now. A BAD TOASTER.

2. A Miata with a crusty, failing roof. It's a good car for what it does, but I don't want a convertible, plus the worst parts of its fanbase hates me for pointing out that "Miata is always the answer" is factually wrong and beaten to death. I could never have one now, even if it got dropped off at my doorstep for me to send into Car Valhalla. The internet would revolt, and honestly, someone who actually wants a convertible should have it instead. I think the worst of the Miata's fans—clearly not all of them, given that some of my favorite people are Miata owners—are some of the most toxic snowflakes I've encountered on this here internet. Also, have I mentioned that I still don't want a convertible? I am mayonnaise in human form and it doesn't work. One with a busted roof lands somewhere deep in my personal version of Dante's Inferno, I'm pretty sure. I admit this is sort of a backwards grudge—there are worse convertibles I could pick, no doubt—but it's one I'm gonna give a wide berth to anyway.

3. Probably some stupid brodozer with a Carolina squat that gets like, -6 mpg.

Last edited:
1) No explanation required
captures_chrome-capture-2022-7-30 (2).png
2) Why didnt you get the big one
captures_chrome-capture-2022-7-30 (1).png
3) Type 57 SC Atlantic Coupe: I would weep at its beauty and its too rare to be touched.
captures_chrome-capture-2022-7-30.png

The Iron Duke engine is fine, it just doesn't belong in an F body. I had pair of S-10s with it and driven several Monza/Starfires with the Duke. The F bodies were just too heavy for it.

2. A Miata with a crusty, failing roof. It's a good car for what it does, but I don't want a convertible, plus the worst parts of its fanbase hates me for pointing out that "Miata is always the answer" is factually wrong and beaten to death. I could never have one now, even if it got dropped off at my doorstep for me to send into Car Valhalla. The internet would revolt, and honestly, someone who actually wants a convertible should have it instead. I think the worst of the Miata's fans—clearly not all of them, given that some of my favorite people are Miata owners—are some of the most toxic snowflakes I've encountered on this here internet. Also, have I mentioned that I still don't want a convertible? I am mayonnaise in human form and it doesn't work. One with a busted roof lands somewhere deep in my personal version of Dante's Inferno, I'm pretty sure. I admit this is sort of a backwards grudge—there are worse convertibles I could pick, no doubt—but it's one I'm gonna give a wide berth to anyway.
If I ever see a stupidly cheap Miata ever again I'm going to make an exception to the "I don't go to Texas" rule and you're going to own one.

If I ever see a stupidly cheap Miata ever again I'm going to make an exception to the "I don't go to Texas" rule and you're going to own one.
"return to sender" works for cars and if it doesn't...I will make that happen

I bought one for $400 once. Rusty, moldy and stinky, but ran. Was fun for a short time. Realized I didn't fit in one. Sold it.