Whats your Pick for "BEST DRIVING SONG"?

you know.. I just remembered, Darude- Sandstorm

gti138 said:
Buba said:
Anybody mentioned Prodigy - Smack my bitch up???
It works only with a good system, though...

And whats that song again from the blade movie? Crystal Method, I think it was...

Buba

The best Crystal Method track for driving is "busy child" off the Vegas Album which came out back in 97. Sadly in my car I dont have a big "doof doof" system any more but It would be great if I did!

I actually thought of Crystal Method - Techno Opener from the Blade 1 Soundtrack... Everybody knows the song at the beginning in the Vapire Disco/slaughterhouse...

My system isn't that tricked out either, but the sub does its job really well ;-) I remember from some other thread your stuff has been stolen, right?

Buba

Buba said:
I actually thought of Crystal Method - Techno Opener from the Blade 1 Soundtrack... Everybody knows the song at the beginning in the Vapire Disco/slaughterhouse...

My system isn't that tricked out either, but the sub does its job really well ;-) I remember from some other thread your stuff has been stolen, right?

Buba

No not my gear that was stolen. I sold my last car and took it out. I havent bothered putting it into the pug as it doesnt really fit well. Besides I put the $$ into a kickass home system now :)

the CHRYSTAL METHOD song your refering to is "PUMP PANEL (Reconstruction Mix)". It should be 10 minutes 12 seconds long which in most cases is long enough to get you a speeding ticket :D .

Smoke on the Water is a great driving song actually... remember JC singing it while driving the 612 to Switzerland? It was very fitting, if you know the background to the song. More fitting than Breakfast at Tiffany's.

:D

Nellus said:
I think Jeremy would agree with my on this.

Deep Purple - Highway Star.
Either that or "Smoke on the Water"

Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl is cool. It also has a nice video with nice cars.

Travelling without moving on the album has the sound of a Lambo Diablo SV in the beginning.

Noone listens to pop here? Off the top of my head there is NSync's Bye Bye Bye. No driving lyric but the beat is good and it associates with the video where they were racing a viper :D

F12Bwth said:
It should be 10 minutes 12 seconds long which in most cases is long enough to get you a speeding ticket :D .

Haha... Hell yeah...

If I only would remember the songs that played when I got my speeding tickets...

Buba

Rob Dougan's stuff is really good:
Speed Me Towards Death, Chateau (really hectic), Furious Angels - if you don't dig his voice, stick with the instrumentals.

Chemical Brothers (as Hammond mentioned):
Where Do I Begin? (when it kicks in), The Boxer (after the vocal melody climaxes at 3:24), Get Yourself High (when the bassline kicks in at 3:42), Hold Tight London (speeding through a cityscape late at night).

also try:
Ghettomusick (Benny Bennassi remix) - Outkast (good doof doof stuff).
Ghostwriter - RJD2 (for some cruisin')
Moonlight and Mescaline - Kinobe (Fear and Loathing style desert cruise at night)
Hypermusic - Muse (insane rock music for insane speeds)
Wylin' Out - Mos Def, RJD2, Diverse and Prefuse 73 (on second thoughts, maybe not, but I enjoy myself when I drive to it)
Lucky Star (feat Dizee Rascal) - Basement Jaxx
Gangster Trippin' - Fatboy Slim
Slash Dot Slash - Fatboy Slim (annoying song, but hectic enough for a speed session)
Ya Mama - Fatboy Slim

oh, and how could I forget an all-time favourite:
The Immigrant Song - Led Zepellin

Survivor - eye of the tiger
Maxx - get a way
Kenny Loggins - Danger zone
2 unlimited - maximum over drive

= go to the Autobahn and hit the pedal to the metal !!!!!!!!!

I know i have a strange taste of musik

F12Bwth said:
the CHRYSTAL METHOD song your refering to is "PUMP PANEL (Reconstruction Mix)". It should be 10 minutes 12 seconds long which in most cases is long enough to get you a speeding ticket :D .

Nope. This song is actually New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix). Released on CD in 1996 in UK (FFRR/London FCD 260), including "Confusion (pump panel reconstruction mix)" (10:24) and "Confusion (pump panel flotation mix)" (9:15). This song is more commonly known as the "Bloodbath Dance" (from the movie "Blade").
The 10:12 you're referring to is widely spread in mp3s, but it's only due to 12 seconds silence cut out from the end of the track.
A famous bassline, used also by Warp Brothers in their "Phat Bass" (also released by Aquagen with Westbam), and Public Domain in their "Operation blade" (Bass in the place, London!).

I voted for Jamiroquai's "Cosmic girl", BTW :)

I voted for a Boston track, but not "Peace of Mind".

Smokin. Much better for the mountian hi-jinks.