What's your REALISTIC dream car? (under ~$40k US)

Even with cable my torrent speed averages at about .1kb/sec :x

Subaru WRX STi = $32,000 USD
Chevrolet Corvette Coupe = $44,000 USD

The Corvette really isn't all that much more expensive. Plus it's crazy fast - one of the best 'bang for buck' cars out there.

Dark_Templer_102 said:
But can u afford that thing? I'll go with my trusty Subaru WRX STI...in the color i call "Subaru Blue" lol ya....
No, I can't afford one. Yet.
And you meant World Rally Blue (WRB), the color of my next car. :p

But if I did indeed have the finances, it would be Z06 all the way.
It really "sucks" I'll have to "make do" with an STi. :D

Mine would be the playstation on wheels, the Nissan Skyline GT-R, they're expensive, so i guess I'd have to settel for a second hand one.

A second hand normal 5 series would be nice too.

People are buying new corvettes for about $34,000 (that?s after ALL the rebates/incentives including GM %5 credit card crap. GM employees can get them for even cheaper) Pretty soon rebates are going to be offered for the GTO and some dealers are already selling them for $29,999 - so take a few grand off that and you have a nice car for 28,000. The only problem is insurrance, esspecially with the vette.

I'd probably take the GTO, although the WRX and RX8 would be very close and I'd have to go drive all three before I made a final decision.

gto_black.jpg

Renesis said:
those are 3 VERY different cars.. I don't see how you can cross buy them :?

Yeah, how'd you put those three together?? Each completely different from one another....I can't see your taste in cars with that selection. The GTO is okay in my opinion, but I wouldn't consider it if I could afford an RX-8. The STi wouldn't even enter the picture in my books (I'm not dissing them, just not my taste - gotta cover my ass here, 'cause there's a bazillion STi fans here :p).

And I still say an S2000 rocks them all, hands down :D

SiR_dude said:
Renesis said:
those are 3 VERY different cars.. I don't see how you can cross buy them :?

Yeah, how'd you put those three together?? Each completely different from one another....I can't see your taste in cars with that selection.

Yeah, I agree with you two completely.

I can slightly understand comparing the GTO and RX8. Both are high performance cars with rear seats, but the similarities end right about there. The GTO has a massive and torquey American V8, the RX8 has a high reving rotary - 2 completley different drive trains, therefore 2 completely different styles of driving. If I were forced to chose between those two though, I'd go with the RX8 without even thinking about it.

Even if I were to throw the C5 Corvette and WRX STi into the decision (that's even more far fetched though, those cars are both incredibly different than the RX8 and GTO), I'd still go with the RX8 in a heartbeat.

The only car I would choose over the RX8 in that price range would be a used BMW M Coupe. That car is one of my bizzare car obsession - the M Coupe along with 240 series Volvos actually (which is even more bizzare). :D

I love a lot of different cars and I'm not very jaded when it comes to them. Sure two of them are four doors and the concepts behind them are all different but they all appeal to me and are in a similar niche. I don't know... seems simple to me. I like all three, if I had the money to buy one of them I'd drive them all and see which one I like the best. In the end though, the only racing I can readily do is drag racing at the local strip. Then it would most likely come down to the GTO or WRX... and since the wrx center differential was made for dirt and not slicks on asphalt I'd have to look into that more etc. So I?d probably wind up getting the GTO anyway. If I could affordably get into autox the GTO would be out because of its weight and a more nimble car would be in its place (most likely the RX8 but again I?d have to drive the WRX.)

zenon said:
The only car I would choose over the RX8 in that price range would be a used BMW M Coupe. That car is one of my bizzare car obsession - the M Coupe along with 240 series Volvos actually (which is even more bizzare). :D

The warden at the prison where I work drives a red ///M Coupe :)