What's your REALISTIC dream car? (under ~$40k US)

GraemeH said:
Supra.

White, 2 blue 'ford gt' type stripes over it, pulled out arches, top secret front bumper, veilside c2 hood and skirts, Volk Challenge rims.

Tuned as far as it can go with the stock sequential turbo setup (about 450bhp) to keep the zero lag drivability. Set up for total balance and driving feel over big power figures or 1/4 mile times etc.

wait... supra runs sequential? i thought only the RX-7 FD was set up that way. I thought the supra was a true twin set up like the mitsu GTO/3000GT and the 300ZX/Z32

TF

GraemeH said:
Supra.

White, 2 blue 'ford gt' type stripes over it, pulled out arches, top secret front bumper, veilside c2 hood and skirts, Volk Challenge rims.

Tuned as far as it can go with the stock sequential turbo setup (about 450bhp) to keep the zero lag drivability. Set up for total balance and driving feel over big power figures or 1/4 mile times etc.

X2

Great minds think alike :D Although i'd have mine in black please :thumbsup:

Lilleput said:
I'd sell my Evo 8 and get a Saab 9-3 Sport Sedan 2.8 Turbo V6 250 hk in black, i guess im getting old :p

0082111.jpg
Wow, good taste. :thumbsup: Yeah, when I said I want an elise I'd still have my aero to drive everyday. :D

The_Finn said:
wait... supra runs sequential? i thought only the RX-7 FD was set up that way. I thought the supra was a true twin set up like the mitsu GTO/3000GT and the 300ZX/Z32
TF

Yeah the twin-turbos were sequential. The car got a name as being something of a 'low-end torque monster', happily going against the common view that turbo cars were laggy and had to be revved like nuts to get the power.

It was probably relatively easy to set it up that way since it's an inline arrangement, at least compared to something like the 300zx you mentioned wich of course has two cylinder banks, which would complicate the process.

heh you learn something new everyday... i wonder if you could adapt the piping to work with other I6 motors.... sequential twin turbo m3 anyone

TF

GraemeH said:
The_Finn said:
TF

Yeah the twin-turbos were sequential. The car got a name as being something of a 'low-end torque monster', happily going against the common view that turbo cars were laggy and had to be revved like nuts to get the power.
And the force of the exhaust hitting the idle second turbo was enough to eventually break it. :lol:

Good car though, but I preferred the looks of the third gen.

Alfa Romeo 159

Since I don't have much money, and won't be getting much more in near future, a 200SX S14 is my dream car atm, a nice one would cost ~20 000? here.

Looking something like this would be nice http://img271.imageshack.**/img271/3734/bomexs145ms.jpg

With some mods to make it drift better, sound better and go a bit faster.

Lonely_Driver said:
a 200SX S14 is my dream car atm, a nice one would cost ~20 000? here.
:shock:

screw that.... get something better for 20k. i mean its a pretty cool car for what it is but not for that much. im going to look at a 96 se manual for 3200 and thats about what its worth. granted a kouki will be worth more but i wouldnt spend more than 6k on one. btw, the one in my sig is mine, so im not talking out of my ass.

mazda_rx8_hero.jpg

Or
2050929.005.1M.jpg

Both in the shown colors.

My dad has an RX-8 and my brother just got an Acura RSX so a sports car would be fun since we could all go driving together. The Cruiser is more practical in Utah and I think fits my personality better than a sports car.

Given ?30,000 and plenty free time?

One, buy an old-shape Fiat Multipla. Two, buy a used V8. Three, combine. Four, PROFIT!!! Or just drive.

For reasons utterly inexplicable [I think it looks like a dolphin], I love the old-shape Multipla. Although it would probably have the durability of cardboard, being a secondhand Fiat.

Ariel%20Atom.jpg

$37,063.85 for the 140hp Ecotec version.

Although I'd rather work harder and get the proper 300hp version. Or buy a used one and rebuild it with parts from Brammo Motorsports.

And now for something completely different:

http://img184.imageshack.**/img184/6233/200c344quattro20v029016tm.jpg

For some reason I really like the Audi 200 - the shape, the sound of the 5cyl. engine, the space, don't know too much about the ride, but it sure has enough power to satisfy me (at least 165hp). Only problem is that cars in good stock condition are getting extremely rare, so I'd better start saving up if I wanted to make my dream car come true one day :)

mautzel said:
And now for something completely different:

http://img184.imageshack.**/img184/6233/200c344quattro20v029016tm.jpg

For some reason I really like the Audi 200 - the shape, the sound of the 5cyl. engine, the space, don't know too much about the ride, but it sure has enough power to satisfy me (at least 165hp). Only problem is that cars in good stock condition are getting extremely rare, so I'd better start saving up if I wanted to make my dream car come true one day :)
you can get A LOT of power out of the 20v which makes for an insane sleeper. im pretty sure the 10v has more like 170 hp bc my 5000 has the same motor and i think its 170.

vanMould said:
Ariel%20Atom.jpg

$37,063.85 for the 140hp Ecotec version.

Although I'd rather work harder and get the proper 300hp version. Or buy a used one and rebuild it with parts from Brammo Motorsports.
Nah, bolt a saab 2.0L turbo ecotec (aka the engine in the Vaux astra vxr and vxx220 turbo) and tweak it to 240 hp or more. ;)

An older M3 is appealing, but I would have to go with an Evo MR or STI, depending on which I like better after test drives.

:eek: :shock:

I didnt even realise this was a bump!, i had been searching something, must have got reading this topic and just ended up replying, haha oh well

Nothing wrong with the car, the problem is with the tire beads. Apparently the tires were not put on properly at the factory. The car itself is fine.

Thanks for the info, though.