• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

When did Volvo release a New C70

I don't believe it has been released yet...

Volvo is geting rid of all 'R' models (bastards) AND the V70... Reason being that V70 sales are suffering due to popularity of XC70. They will introduce a new trim level in the XC70 range to be a more viable option for those wanting the vehicle around a V70 price but I don't understand their thinking behind the abolition of 'R' models.

They are reviving the C70 and unlike the previous model, this one will have a metal folding roof and is apparently more rigid than the last when the roof is down. Not sure of engine outputs, but I believe they're only giving it the low-boost turbo.

I dont think its for sale yet. I heard that Volvo will have a new C70 but this is the first time when i even see pics of it. It looks kinda nice, although I personally like the old C70's looks. I'll go and see if i can find out more...be right back, lol.

OK, back. This is what i found out on volvocars.us :

Irvine CA, (July 15, 2005) ? Volvo Cars of North America, LLC (VCNA) today released the first official photos of the all-new C70. With its innovative three-piece retractable hardtop, the second generation C70 is a car that offers the best of both worlds. With the top up, it's a sporty coupe with dramatic, head-turning style. With the top stowed below the rear deck, it's an open-air convertible that invites wind-in-the-hair fun and excitement. What makes the all-new C70 even more appealing is that there is room for four people.

The all-new Volvo C70 will be unveiled at the 2005 Frankfurt Motor Show in mid-September, with sales beginning in the U.S. in the Spring of 2006 ? just in time for summer.

So there u go.

watto said:

Volvo is geting rid of all 'R' models (bastards) AND the V70... Reason being that V70 sales are suffering due to popularity of XC70. They will introduce a new trim level in the XC70 range to be a more viable option for those wanting the vehicle around a V70 price but I don't understand their thinking behind the abolition of 'R' models.

They are reviving the C70 and unlike the previous model, this one will have a metal folding roof and is apparently more rigid than the last when the roof is down. Not sure of engine outputs, but I believe they're only giving it the low-boost turbo.

The top notch engine will be 220 HP.
There will also be a diesel version if someone is intrested.

But you are saying they are dropping the V70 model?! I don't believe that. And the XC70 model hasn't been very popular - not in here anyway.

watto said:

Volvo is geting rid of all 'R' models (bastards) AND the V70... Reason being that V70 sales are suffering due to popularity of XC70. They will introduce a new trim level in the XC70 range to be a more viable option for those wanting the vehicle around a V70 price but I don't understand their thinking behind the abolition of 'R' models..............

the V70 is the best selling volvo here in Europe, i cant believe that they will kill it.

An other C70 Photograph
http://img333.imageshack.**/img333/264/volvoc70200553dj.th.jpg
I also have the other photo's in high resolution. If you are interested ?!

^^^

Well, that's what I've read is happening in Australia...