When did you start watching top gear

In the nineties, can't remember exactly when.

Not really, I just didn't bother remembering the exact day I started watching TG!

July 2005 for me. I was flipping through the channels at about 2 in the morning when I came across a show about cars (turns out it was series 5, episode 8). Seeing as it was the best thing I had found so far, I watched. It was the version they showed here in the US so it was a bit watered down, but it intrigued me. When I went to college one of the guys in my fraternity mentioned the show. That's how I learned about the torrents and this site. I've been hooked ever since.

I started watching top gear when a norwegian automotive show "Autofil", which I thought was very good, had a pause between seasons. The same channel started airing top gear in the same time slot, so the first episode I saw was an 30 min. edit of new top gear 01x01, and I kept on watching the edited versions. When "Autofil" came back on, it seemed a lot duller, I needed my fix and googled for top gear torrents, which led me to this site. Lurked a bit before I joined though....

nineties, my dad used to watch it, and I'd watch it when I wasn't sent to bed as a kid....

then when top gear came back I'd watch it if I remembered it was on, became addicted around series 5 ish

Well, when I started to get into cars I would hop on limewire and dowloaded random segments. In about 2002 I got a few individual segments from the old Top Gear - when Tiff Nadel was very much the one in center stage. The only segments I remember off the top of my head were the RS6 Estate, the M3, the XJ220, and the Porsche GT3. Clarkson was second fiddle - the first segment I saw with him was when they declared the Ford Ka or some such the best car of the year and tiff took them out in it and scared the hell out him. Anyway, when the Enzo came out I wanted to see clips of it, and ultimately happened upon 5x02 - concerning all the different supercars. Some one had bothered to actually include a discription in the file name. So then I was trying to find torrents, by then it was 6th season, and I found this site. Since I've been watching avidly and anxiously anticipating every new episode.

The first time I bumped on TG was when I was surfing the internet the other day in september 2004 just before 5 series. At first I downloaded single tests, but in a short time I've become a real TG addict. :lol:
The first TG clips I saw were from 4 series: Porsche Carrera GT, Spyker C8, Ford GT, Maserati Quattroporte.

I believe I found Top Gear sometime in October or November, 2005. I stumbled upon some Top Gear clips on Putfile. It had me intrigued, so I started looking for other clips and episodes on YouTube and Google Video. I think the first full episode I saw was the Lamborghini episode, not long after that (now long gone), I found this site (from Wikipedia) and downloaded the torrents.

I was a latecomer to Top Gear too. I had heard about it and saw little clips here and there, but it wasn't until the Discovery Channel started airing episodes in the middle of 2005 that I got hooked. The grannies doing donuts bit was what sold me on the show.

My first exposure to Top Gear wasn't an entire episode. Rather, it was a clip on Google Videos of the Morgan Aero-8 (I think, anyway). From then on, I was hooked. I desperately fished around all over the place for Top Gear episodes, and eventually found a torrent with all of VUK's rips (01x03 and 01x04 were...*gasp* *choke* jabba rips), and I think I joined FG and downloaded rips properly since series 6 or 7.

Last edited:
jabba rips, the horror :?

I think it was series 5 that was first shown down under. i had seen a write up about it in a tv guide and thought id have to watch that. i forgot the first week and started watching from the next week on. then a work mate found this site and we got all the ep's up to now. im hanging out to see this series.

I started watching some time in the late 70's, old TG. I have caught every episode (sometimes on repeat or by download - thanx VUK) since the new format. BTW the car that Tiff drove and scared the bejeasus out of QW and JC I seem to recall (was someone else in the car VBH perhaps?) was a Ford Puma.

I remember seeing some episodes on BBC World here and then went off hunting for downloads. First full UK episode that I saw would have been somewhere during season 4.

Haven't missed one since!

+/- 2004 when I arrived to study in Belgium (where we get BBC). No such luck in South Africa. Didn't even hear about the show, plus I wasn't interested that much in cars in my "tween" years. Anyhoo... I was introduced to this site, got the previous eps since 2001/2 and then just got hooked immediately, even with that stupid Jabba release with the irritating crap in the beginning! Up to now, watched every episode more than 5 times...

Likely from the first episode BC (Before Clarkson), God knows when that was.
Similar story with Fifth Gear. I remember the arrival of Channel 4 (Ahhh - The Tube with Paula Yates) & Channel 5 (cheap & nasty from memory) being a HUGE thing in the UK back then....

My first exposure to Top Gear wasn't an entire episode. Rather, it was a clip on Google Videos of the Morgan Aero-8 (I think, anyway). From then on, I was hooked. I desperately fished around all over the place for Top Gear episodes, and eventually found a torrent with all of VUK's rips (01x03 and 01x04 were...*gasp* *choke* jabba rips), and I think I joined FG and downloaded rips properly since series 6 or 7.

Yeah - a bunch of mine are jabba rips. Whats the deal with that?