When do you know a furom has too many topics?

When do you know a furom has too many topics?

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bollocks

• OK

• Total voters

Ringo Shells

Hey there cats and kittens.

As at least 1 other forum user knows, i have a website, called somethingFM.

Now, recently, I added a few more sections to the forum, and some of my friends said that theres now too many forums, and its generally a bit shit now.

Was wondering if anyone else felt the same?

heres a link to the forum: somethingFM forums.

And no, im not asking to drive up my traffic, i genuinely want to know if its shit, so i can fix it.

That seems about right, though I suppose you could combine News with Rumor Mill because both seem a bit redundant. I'd probably get rid of "Free Sh*t" as well, seeing as the only topic there that's actually gained attention is "I took a shit once". Informative, yes, but... :lol:

One more thing. In your description of "Genrelisation" the word "Genre's" doesn't have an apostrophe in it. ;)

I think it's still alright, with a tendency for reaching the border. As long as it is clear what belongs where though (as in this case), I don't see a problem with having a lot of categorys in a forum.

Regards
the Interceptor

Ringo Shells said:
yeah, ive grown tired of checking my spelling, as even this topic title proves.
spelling is one thing, but the apostrophs are really getting out of hand...nowadays people put them behind every word that ends on an s, and thats just sick. i don't care about some mistakes (although i think at least a thread's title should be free from them) but i really can't stand seeing things like "cd's". its especially bad in germany where you see signs like "mcdonalds, n?chste kreuzung link's (meaning something like: mcdonalds, next intersection lef't.)" :x

as for the forum:

you could probably combine rules and problems to "rules, faq&questions", combine team and suggestions to "feedback&suggestions", also "news&rumours like already suggested."
its not that the board was too large per se, but rather too large for the existant community.
if a forum grows the need for more subforums arises as people post a lot more and it gets too complex.

I agree with most comments above, I like the fly out menu on the left clearly labelled menu but also like the fact that you can get strait into the action in the main section. Register and log ins should always be at the top where users would expect them. Could possibly have a go at souping up the visual impact of the main news items with pictures and or graphice/cartoons - don't need to be good just clear and amusing or thought provoking. No more than three fonts max is a good idea. OK site design IMHO - does the job.

Love that shit thread :lol: