When is the Top Gear special

the totp one? i would guess the 16th thats red nose day i beleive

The Comic Rellief special Top Gear of the Pops? they are filming it this Sunday evening at Dunsfold, and I think it's on BBC2 next Friday at 10pm.

Last edited:
and please ( again ) some one rip it for us poor sods who wont get it lol

If you mean the Top Gear of the Pops then here is what the Radio Times listing for the episode has to say.

22:00 - 22:35
Friday 16 March 2007
Top Gear of the Pops
Top Gear collides head on with Top of the Pops and Jeremy, Richard and James climb out of the wreckage to make their own version of the iconic chart show. Expect the regular features including the Cool Wall, absurd challenges and fire-breathing reviews to rain down on the pop world.

It's basically picking up the Comic Relief slack when the news is on BBC ONE.

Comic Relief starts on BBC ONE at 19:00 goes straight through until 22:00 when it switches to BBC TWO for the Top Gear special then back to one at 22:35 until the next morning.

I've never managed to stay up for the whole thing, I normally fall asleep at about 2am.

Top Gear taking up the Comic Relief slack basically means the show HAS become mainstream which is nice.

PS: is it worth renaming this thread - Top Gear of the Pops

Last edited:
Looking forward to this, it should be cool.

Should there be a thread in the "Pre Episode Discussion" section?

Not sure if this deserves it's own thread or not but you can bid for tickets. Find out more here:

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1679/

Also, from on that page:

"It'll feature performances from Supergrass and Travis, as well as a very special appearance from the Top Gear house band as our three presenters take to the stage accompanied by Justin Hawkins from The Darkness."

Top Gear house band? :blink: Now that should be something to see! :lol: You gotta give it to them, they're not afraid of letting themselves look like idiots on TV. I know May is a musician but the other two?

As for the Jeremy and Richard being musicians, i remember JC saying Richard could play the guitar and he was learning to play the drums

Richard plays the bass - apparently he is quite good and was in a little travelling band lol - but clarkson had written in his times column that thats what he was going to do whille richard was still out of commision ...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article600551.ece

i jsut love the image of him with alex james LOL

I'm gonna download this from Ipodnova asap. I cannot wait to see this.

"It'll feature performances from Supergrass and Travis, as well as a very special appearance from the Top Gear house band as our three presenters take to the stage accompanied by Justin Hawkins from The Darkness."

Top Gear house band?
Yes, I remember that Jeremy said somethink about that band thing in one of his Times articles. His going to play the drums he said.

This is only making me want to see this special even more. Infact, if I had the money to come back to England for this, I would fight people for the tickets.

Hamster with a bass would be really funny. I play bass, and most basses are pretty big, so he'll look tiny when he's playing. The drums seam very fitting for Clarkson.

But the question is..what will they play?