When the 458 debuts on TG, will it be a review or a roadtrip?

cshsia

Car(s)
AMV8
It seems that this season more reviews are being done on the racetrack or locally around England. Whereas the bits that take the trio overseas are about the volcano, or the cheap car challenge. Like it or not, it makes financial sense.

When the 458 finally gets reviewed, does it warrant a road trip of sorts? or do you prefer an on track segment with flashy camera work?

I'd love to see an epic race of sorts, or..... just take it to the south of France.

It's probably going to be a track test, more than likely.

I can't wait... I think they will give the new Berlinetta it's own review. I remember in one of Jeremy's Times Online articles he drove it during the winter.

Jezza mostly complained about how easy it is to hit the wrong indicator button, accidentally turn the wipers/lights on because the steering wheel has no stalks. :rolleyes:

The 458 is definitely a improvement over the F430 looks wise and performance wise (obviously). However the 458 doesn't sound as nice as the LFA.
1002_03_z+2010_ferrari_458_italia+steering_wheel.jpg

The LF-A's noise alone warrants it's price tag. Every time I hear it I have a bit of a crisis.

sooooo . . . what is the middle tailpipe for? ive never seen an explanation

From what I have read the middle pipe is bypass exhaust, with the outer two going through the mufflers. Instead of using 4 pipes, exiting through both sides of the rear, they went to a lighter, center mount with less piping to save weight.

True, it's definitely unsafe especially this time of year.

no skirts around the track.... :p