• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

When they had the DBR9 on the show...

evans

Do you remember when The Stig took the DBR9 out for a lap around the track? (06x06)
When he was done, Jeremy asked a member of the audience "What do you reckon?" and he answered 1"18.
The first time I saw that bit, I was about to laugh my ass off, but I was also kind of "pissed off" because of this idiot. I mean, the DBR9 is a racingcar for the racetrack, and fully optimized for racing, and racing only.
How could he possibly think the Maserati/Ferrari had built a supercar for the road, that was actually faster than a GTR car? If the Enzo and the MC12 really were SO fast, think about what lap times they could do if they were optimized for a racetrack.
I just felt like punching the damn idiot.
Have you ever discussed cars with people like him? The type that think a Nissan Skyline GT-R (or some other car) is able to go around a hairpin with 200 mph, and that it's the fastest car ever made?

For starters, he just made a guess and got it all wrong. But ofcourse he didn't get a lot of thinking time...or maybe he just doesn't know anything about cars at all.
No need to get pissed off :|

And sometimes when I do get into a discussion where the other is defintely wrong I explain why and when they don't understand I don't call them an idiot but maybe talk about something else then :roll:

But that doesn't happen very often :)

Sebastian said:
For starters, he just made a guess and got it all wrong. But ofcourse he didn't get a lot of thinking time...or maybe he just doesn't know anything about cars at all.
No need to get pissed off :|

And sometimes when I do get into a discussion where the other is defintely wrong I explain why and when they don't understand I don't call them an idiot but maybe talk about something else then :roll:

But that doesn't happen very often :)

Hehe, yeah, you're right, no need to get pissed off. But why attend a motoring show if you don't know or have any interest in cars?

evans said:
Hehe, yeah, you're right, no need to get pissed off. But why attend a motoring show if you don't know or have any interest in cars?

that i've been wondering to! sometimes there are such loosers in the audience your realy wonder why they would bother going over there

they probably drive a riced out ibiza anyways

You're getting all pissed off over nothing. I know this isnt exactly the same thing, but remember that time they were talking about the Peugeot with the sliding doors? they were trying to make the Star Trek door sound, and that one Asian girl got is soooo far off it wasnt even funny. But me, a trekkie, didnt care in the slightest. You've got to realize that not everyone is gonna know as much as you do. That guy in the audience may not have been aware of the sheer performance of a GTR car in comparison to a very fast supercar.

you don't realy expect space-nerds in a car show do you?

but you do expect everyone in there to be a carnut
if they're not they have no right of going, there more than enough carnuts willing to go in their place

(like me ;))

bone said:
you don't realy expect space-nerds in a car show do you?

but you do expect everyone in there to be a carnut
if they're not they have no right of going, there more than enough carnuts willing to go in their place

(like me ;))
og course not, it was just an example :p
But i guarentee that probably only 33% of the people on the show are car nuts. the rest just go to the show because they find it amusing.