• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

When VW Get it right

bren_35

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1496.shtml
At the International Motor Show (Cars) in Frankfurt, Volkswagen is presenting to the general public a ground-breaking innovation in the drive sector: The world?s first twin-turbocharged FSI engine ? the ?Twincharger?. The compact 1.4 litre direct-injection engine develops up to 125 kW / 170 PS and has a maximum torque of 240 newton metres in the range from 1750 to 4500 rpm thanks to the combination of an exhaust turbocharger with a mechanically driven compressor.

The 1.4 litre engine delivers a power output of 90 kW / 121 PS per litre, representing a peak value for a series production four-cylinder engine. Furthermore, the ?Twincharger? delivers a torque corresponding to a naturally aspirated engine with a swept volume of approx. 2.3 litres. And its fuel consumption is around 20 percent lower.

Plus they are working on the 1.6 and 2.0 Litre versions of this, hopefully for the Concept R and the next GTI 8)

Nice engine but the Golf GT is the dumbest idea ever..

it's not like if the GTI was too hardcore for some..

Why must they add this other model to the GTi range. There allready is the normal version which I love and then theres the R32 or whatever it is...Also I dont like the GT's rims :thumbsdown:

That's just stoopid :thumbsdown:

Wish they'd bring the GTI <look Dr. Woo!! 2 door downunder...

Bloody hell, what a pointless addition to the range...

flyingfridge said:
Wish they'd bring the GTI <look Dr. Woo!! 2 door downunder...

ditto.

I hope the production Concept R looks just like the actual concept:

VW_ConceptR2.jpg

Agreed that the GT is a kind of pointless car, but it was the engine i was trying to draw attention to.

and as long as they get rid of the chrome the Concept R will be a beast, Mid mount 2.0 Litre TSI, under 2500lbs :drool:

they won't get rid of the chrome. Reason? Two words: American Market.

The GT isnt that pointless, it closes the gap between the 2.0l TFSI with 200bhp and the 2.0l FSI with 150bhp, this engines is supposed to use less fuel than the 2.0l FSI, so there is really a point for this engine in the Golf. Whether you should call it GT is another question though ;)

Dr. Woo said:
I hope the production Concept R looks just like the actual concept:

VW_ConceptR2.jpg
Ich Moechte ein Koncept R in hell rot, bitte! :D

twin-turbocharged
ummm?????

supercharging and turbocharging is all good in theory but its just more that can go wrong with the engine.

VWKafer said:

Holy moly. Your sentence turned out quite okay. Did you use a web translator or do you actually learn insanitys very own language aka. German ?

swek said:
VWKafer said:

Holy moly. Your sentence turned out quite okay. Did you use a web translator or do you actually learn insanitys very own language aka. German ?
What the hell did he say? :?

i want a concept r in hell red, please

hell yea not paying attention for 3 years in deutsch payed off for something

That was all me, Online translators get the verb congation all messed up but a bright red Concept R would be wirklich nett, did I do the o umlaut right?